LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• My baby now on lift; swingarm replacement begins:

So I'm assuming because of the color you think your Slingshot is a Stihl product... Is that why you're having the recall work done at a Stihl dealership?

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Maybe pics tomorrow when I pick it up (if I remember); home now...

I agree. My dealer's mech's were complaining about not having a lift to make some of the work easier. I had suggested something along the lines of a QuickJack since that would't require a dedicated lane, but that side-lift shown at your dealer's looks like a viable candidate, too. Any brand/model info would be useful.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I'm pretty sure, without really even looking at it, it would need to be bolted into the concrete. Lifting from the side to that height...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• It might need to be bolted down, but looking at the two legs that seem to be extending out from the crosspiece joining the two vertical posts, bolting-down may not be needed.

After looking at my pic again, you may be right. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow & post it here!

• I have had my swing-arm at my house for over a week. Was going to paint it but it is slightly darker than my original and I like the new color.
    Still can't get the Sling out of my garage until tomorrow afternoon due to wet concrete. Supposed to be 60 tomorrow with sunshine all day. I need a ride desperately! :00008698:
    Talked to dealer and she goes in on Wednesday. He told me it was a good thing I took the swing-arm with me because they are on back-order again.

• Well I went to pick up my slingshot this afternoon. I left the dealership noticed the steering wheel was centered at about 10 o'clock and the traction control warning light was on . I turned around and went back to their credit they took it right back and corrected the issue but I don't know how they could of test driven it and not noticed This forum is very helpful they did not know why traction control light was on,I knew from here and told them it was the steering wheel sensor because the steering wheel was off to the left)

• Went back to dealer to get lift info for you guys. Extremely nice, heavy duty unit. Runs on 120V. Can be but doesn't require bolt down. This is the Heftee 2000 and, as name implies, can lift 2000 lbs up to 6 feet high in 30 seconds. 1 HP motor. They also make a 4000 lb model. These babies are EXPENSIVE! Good luck. Would look for a used one...

http://www.heftee.com/products/products.cfm

• BTW, my recall is done & Slingshot back home. They decided 4 hours cure time was good enough if I drove her home easy (& it's only 4 miles). They got a little bit of air out of ABS (now that digital wrench can cycle the ABS unit) & brakes are rock solid (they were already very good). Steering feels better too. I took my Metrics rear fender off before I took it in & already remounted it in my garage. Everything looks good. Very happy. Here's that new fuel line (everyone's seen the new swingarms)...

• BTW, my recall is done & Slingshot back home. They decided 4 hours cure time was good enough if I drove her home easy (& it's only 4 miles). They got a little bit of air out of ABS (now that digital wrench can cycle the ABS unit) & brakes are rock solid (they were already very good). Steering feels better too. I took my Metrics rear fender off before I took it in & already remounted it in my garage. Everything looks good. Very happy. Here's that new fuel line (everyone's seen the new swingarms)...

But we haven't seen your swingarm. (Kinda like boobs....Doesn't matter which ones you've seen before....)

Come on, man, you know the rules.

• When I had the recall done they put almost 16 miles driving the SS on check out rides. Yes , I forgot to add that little tid-bit of information to my recall post.

They just tooled it around the parking lot, didn't get it out on the road when they did mine today.