Trailer rental

• @rickgi, more about kicking myself for buying the darn thing in the first place and then needing to spending more to get something else! My late husband taught me about the more bells and whistles - too bad I didn't consider that! Unfortunately, I didn't use a credit card as you did! That said, they no longer accept credit cards and some of us were wondering if you were part of that decision! During SS Across America found out one man had written them a check and placed his order - first thing I said was, 'Stop payment'! He did get his money back after some hassle.

• @rickgi, more about kicking myself for buying the darn thing in the first place and then needing to spending more to get something else! My late husband taught me about the more bells and whistles - too bad I didn't consider that! Unfortunately, I didn't use a credit card as you did! That said, they no longer accept credit cards and some of us were wondering if you were part of that decision! During SS Across America found out one man had written them a check and placed his order - first thing I said was, 'Stop payment'! He did get his money back after some hassle.

Very interesting. One should only use credit cards for these large purchases, even if it means paying their interest fee percentage. It's cheap insurance against defective purchases. In my case, I wasn't getting any satisfaction till I officially put it in dispute. Got all my money back (except for the egregious MA state sales and excise taxes!!)

• Greetings, All Ye Wanting a Trailer!!! :00008172:
    @av8ingtom and I just left the Leonard Dealership. Two trailers were put on order and into production. Kevin (and the fabricators) assured us we would have them both on the 7th of November. @av8ingtom even told him that there was really no rush on his, and to make mine a priority, due to the pending trip to Florida. Is he a stand up guy or what!?!?! Kevin even stepped up and will be providing a Temp Tag upon receipt of the trailers. And here is where the deal gets better. If you are thinking of financing this purchase, the Dealership is running a 12-Month / 0% Interest Sale starting on Thursday. Those of us (me) on a low budget fixed-income type of a lifestyle can really appreciate this!!
    As usual, I'll keep everyone updated.

@av8ingtom and I just left the Leonard Dealership. Two trailers were put on order and into production. Kevin (and the fabricators) assured us we would have them both on the 7th of November. @av8ingtom even told him that there was really no rush on his, and to make mine a priority, due to the pending trip to Florida. Is he a stand up guy or what!?!?! Kevin even stepped up and will be providing a Temp Tag upon receipt of the trailers. And here is where the deal gets better. If you are thinking of financing this purchase, the Dealership is running a 12-Month / 0% Interest Sale starting on Thursday. Those of us (me) on a low budget fixed-income type of a lifestyle can really appreciate this!!

@V-SHOT, can you PM me the address/location of Kevin's showroom? Think they'd have a hard time being done with another one by the 10th?

Did not get a chance to call them today. What is the total empty weight of the trailer? What is the set up for using tie downs?

• Did not get a chance to call them today. What is the total empty weight of the trailer? What is the set up for using tie downs?

If memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure the empty weight was pretty close to the weight of the Sling...maybe a little more towards 2,500+. Don't quote me on that. I have a recurring case of C.R.S. that flares up every now and again. But I can get that information for you tomorrow. As for tiedowns, if you are talking about tiedown points and brackets, those will have to be purchased separately. In my opinion, a small price to pay for a trailer at this price point. Gives me the opportunity to singularly customize my own Sling trailer. Time for the Disco Ball!!!!

• Kevin promised us two trailers no later than November 8. With the overwhelming number of flood cars we are Seeing come in daily it is not looking good for Joan and I to be able to make the Murphy, N.C. trip. We were planning on driving down on Friday evening anyway. But making a 8-81/2 hour trip on Friday night and again on Sunday is probably pushing it a little. @KayTwo if you want to get a trailer, then you can have my slot and I will order another trailer. No tag or title work has been done. I know the you and @sideseatdriver are really looking forward to the Murphy trip. I can also see what you and @V-SHOT have done to your trailers and steal you ideas. We will still be at @KayTwo house on November 5 for the welcoming home of Crystal, we would not miss it for anything.

• Kevin promised us two trailers no later than November 8. With the overwhelming number of flood cars we are Seeing come in daily it is not looking good for Joan and I to be able to make the Murphy, N.C. trip. We were planning on driving down on Friday evening anyway. But making a 8-81/2 hour trip on Friday night and again on Sunday is probably pushing it a little. @KayTwo if you want to get a trailer, then you can have my slot and I will order another trailer. No tag or title work has been done. I know the you and @sideseatdriver are really looking forward to the Murphy trip. I can also see what you and @V-SHOT have done to your trailers and steal you ideas. We will still be at @KayTwo house on November 5 for the welcoming home of Crystal, we would not miss it for anything.

Tom, that is an amazing offer, across the board, and we're discussing it. Between the trailer, and the tiedown points you would help with, and your offer of the loan of your diesel truck, I kind of feel like maybe you guys should take the trip in our place and take our house rental, lol. You're basically enabling our whole trip!

(Not really, Heather would kill me if I gave that house away for the weekend, but you know what I mean.) :-)

• I went up to Leonard Trailers today and spoke to Kevin about the trailers. I also started planning on lash down points for the Slings. I think I have it figured out, and have ordered enough tire tie down straps, flush mounted tie down plates, nuts, bolts, and washers for two trailers. Think we should practice on @V-SHOT new trailer first. I want to thank @V-SHOT for his research on these trailers. Really think these trailers are going to be extremely
    Nice. They are scheduled to arrive 11/7/2016. Only kidding @V-SHOT about using your trailer as a test platform.

• I went up to Leonard Trailers today and spoke to Kevin about the trailers. I also started planning on lash down points for the Slings. I think I have it figured out, and have ordered enough tire tie down straps, flush mounted tie down plates, nuts, bolts, and washers for two trailers. Think we should practice on @V-SHOT new trailer first. I want to thank @V-SHOT for his research on these trailers. Really think these trailers are going to be extremely
    Nice. They are scheduled to arrive 11/7/2016. Only kidding @V-SHOT about using your trailer as a test platform.

I think we've mostly decided we're going to hold off on the trailer for now, but I'd love to watch and help install the hardware for when and if we do end up with one. Let me know, I'll roll your way.

Actually, I think that is a great idea. That way, I can demo the setup on the trip to Florida. On my return, we could work out the kinks! Then I would have to schedule another trip to test out the fixes! I'm liking my new friends!!!!!!! :whistling:

• @V-SHOT. I have this all planned out. Really simple. Our Slings are 1740???? Pounds, not that heavy. Using 6,000 pound recessed tie down plates, and 6,000 pound tire tie down straps with ratchets. Still looking for some real nice aluminum wheel chocks that can be mounted to the trailers. We will use them as a stopping point when loading.