Building up this thread.... hang in there and I'll have everything ready

• I'd like to increase sound quality, but working on exhaust and some other things first. I just want to thank @rabtech for sharing his knowledge of what, and what not to buy. It does seem that this could be done at a reasonable price point for a vast improvement over the factory infotainment system that was a great disappointment.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I think I can dremmel the pods and install the speakers into them in about an hour. It will take me another hour to make up the power and ground wires and to make up a speaker wire harness that will carry the signal to the amp and then from the amp back to the pods.

Basically I would be bringing you a pre-made black heat shrink wrapped harness for all the speaker wires needed. And the power and ground wire with the ends on it. I will have all the tools that are needed to take the driver's seat out and to remove the cover and get to your battery. I will also bring the spacers to mount the amp and the stainless bolts, washers, and lock nuts. And I will have the drill and bit to drill the 4 holes in the plastic floor board to mount it.

I will need you to take the seat out physically. I dont want to be the guy that scuffs up a paint job. :) And I will make you push in the fuse after you check my work and agree that it's ok. Simple stuff.

So for all that I want 200.00 for labor, wire, heat shrink, terminals, and bolts + 35.00 for the shim kit + whatever speakers you choose. And you give me your pods...... or I will take 300.00 for my empty pods. (Because I would have to spend more than that to replace them for the next person)

• Me---I got $10.00 ears so I don't need $100.00 speakers. And I need a 10 gallon bucket to carry a tune. I do enjoy a variety of music and have several memory sticks set up for the USB port.

I'm NOT trying to derail Rab's thread, but if you're anything like me (and EjFord) who has a hard time noticing the difference between high-end and acceptable sounds, you could try these speakers. Pioneer TS-G1345R They can be found on Ebay at times for $15 on up and are a vast improvement to the factory sound. Not where near as good as the high end speakers with amps that Kenny_h, Rabtech and others use, but the s/s has so much wind noise, rear tire noise, angle drive noise, that basically anything you do for an upgraded sound is best heard while not in motion. JMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm NOT trying to derail Rab's thread, but if you're anything like me (and EjFord) who has a hard time noticing the difference between high-end and acceptable sounds, you could try these speakers. Pioneer TS-G1345R They can be found on Ebay at times for $15 on up and are a vast improvement to the factory sound. Not where near as good as the high end speakers with amps that Kenny_h, Rabtech and others use, but the s/s has so much wind noise, rear tire noise, angle drive noise, that basically anything you do for an upgraded sound is best heard while not in motion. JMHO

He is correct. Without an amp those Pioneer speakers will be a lot more responsive to the factory stereo's built in power. And they have a much better tweeter than the stock speakers.

It just depends on how much sound you want. With 1800 total true watts of power I can hear my stereo at any speed even over the loud exhaust if I crank up my volume. However my ears ring once I get out and walk in somewhere quiet. That is the main reason I wanted my other side exhaust put back on.

If your turning up a stereo to defeat the already deafening exhaust then your really hurting your ears.

What I like about my stereo is at 80mph sitting behind the 3" taller windscreen (when I have my normal side exit exhaust) I can clearly hear all the music. I have enough power and speakers to overcome all the other sounds around me. And with (2) 12" JL subs I can feel the bass hammering in my back. (And the cars around me can enjoy the bass when I want to show off and be annoying when im stopped.)

• I'd like to increase sound quality, but working on exhaust and some other things first. I just want to thank @rabtech for sharing his knowledge of what, and what not to buy. It does seem that this could be done at a reasonable price point for a vast improvement over the factory infotainment system that was a great disappointment.

As you can see by the post I made above. If you had the stock stereo you would just need the amp I mentioned earlier in this thread at $140.00. Then you would need to gut the speaker pods and install some new speakers. (I use deeper and larger speakers so they stick out of the pods). However some have found good speakers that will fit into the pods flush. I just like the heavier speakers. You can see they start at 100.00 and go to whatever you can stand to spend.....

Then you just need some wire and some time to install it.

• Wondering what the total price, "out the door" is...

235.00 for me to make the harnesses and supply the wire and put the speakers in the pods with the needed shims.. Basically a couple of hours labor and the shims and the supplies I used.

Then you would pay me for the speakers that you want from the previous post. And give me your pods in trade for the pods that i have cut up and filled with the new speakers....

And in Darrell's case. I would help install the amp and wire the connections at the Ozark event.

So the price would be anywhere from 285.00 to over 485.00 depending on speaker choice.

• Hey wait a minute!!!! Who do you think told him! :):)

Oooooh so touchy! If I had known you started it I would have said "Thank you RadTech for recommending it"....better late than never...Thank you Robert!!!

• All someone will need to do is install an amp under the driver's seat and extend the right and left speaker wires that are feeding the factory pods back to the amp. Then tap the battery for the power to the amp and then feed the speakers the amplified signal. Most amps don't even have to have a 12v trigger wire. They can sense the radio is on by sensing the signal on the speaker wire feefing it and turn on.

And I recommend the driver's seat because it will slide forward to adjust crossover points and the battery is on that side.

HMM, u guys dont have any issues with rain on the amps??

• HMM, u guys dont have any issues with rain on the amps??

As @DKF Texas said.... Nope... Mount them under your seat and make sure you put a 1/2" spacer to allow water to run under it and out the drain holes and you will be fine. I actually dont even have trouble running regular speakers. The Rockfords I run now have been soaked... And I really thought they would die... But they keep hammering out noise.. And my Kenwood head unit was soaked and its still working perfect. I dont recommend soaking your speaker and stereo but so far I haven't had an issue.

Getting back to the amp.... If you keep them under the seat you will be fine... And make sure the gap is under them for rain to pass,....