Building up this thread.... hang in there and I'll have everything ready

• So what I am thinking is I need to sell these new factory speaker pods built with one of the new sets of speakers. I will install the factory 1" tweeters to fill that hole. Then would cut the pods and install the speakers that the buyer has chosen. And I would wire them as the buyer wants. Either wire then out as separates or wire them at 2ohm and just have one left and one right.. this would be my choice and I would run an Alpine or JL 4 channel amp and bridge it into 2 channels and hook the right pod and left pod to it....

Now I just have to figure out what i would want for the pods and what I want the speakers. I would have to add for the labor to install the speakers into the pods and that price would include the appropriate sized shims needed to mount the speakers into the pods.

Any of the speakers above would have to have up to 3/4 of an inch of shims. The Power Bass would only have a 1/2" shim.

AND I have no idea if the factory stereo can drive any of these. I would say that the Power Bass speakers could be driven by it but it would be such a waste of speakers. These need to be driven by an amp.

So does anyone want to have me build a set of these speakers out for them? And I am wondering what I should charge for them.

• All someone will need to do is install an amp under the driver's seat and extend the right and left speaker wires that are feeding the factory pods back to the amp. Then tap the battery for the power to the amp and then feed the speakers the amplified signal. Most amps don't even have to have a 12v trigger wire. They can sense the radio is on by sensing the signal on the speaker wire feefing it and turn on.

And I recommend the driver's seat because it will slide forward to adjust crossover points and the battery is on that side.

• I'd be willing the be your Beta tester of a set of these for let's say a couple of years or so. I wouldn't even charge you for that offer to assist. 8o8o8o

Good one!!

It surprises me how loud the Power Bass speakers are. I have 2 more of these sets and they are awesome. But my favorites personally are the Memphis. They have a very clean vocal and high range.

For all out stupid loud speakers the JL are really awesome.

• That is the big question. I need to see what I have in each set and then see how big of a loss I can stand. I'll have some numbers shortly. I can even include the amp.. I would just order it and include it with the speakers. Heck I could even include the 4 gauge hot wire with a soldered ring terminal and a 40amp fuse and a 4 gauge ground lug to connect under the seat track bolt to ground it ...

Hmmmmm. This could be a all inclusive amp and speaker kit.

• Hey Rab, just let me know what I need to bring tool wise, how long an install will take (happy to help or do it myself while there), and how much money I need!
    I have the new factory radio in and the new head unit should be here before Eureka. I was looking into installing an amp and seeing how well the factory system would work with it but I have not installed a stereo in 40 years. Got too lazy and just started buying upgraded sound systems when buying my vehicles. The Polaris system really needs some work.

• Dont know how much yet. I have been a little sick today... Nothing bad, just being a wus I guess. Let me see what I would have to have for the pods and the speakers and spacers that are needed. I will post some prices here in this thread shortly....

And yes, It would definitely make the factory head unit sound 100 times better if you went with any of these speakers and an amp....

Once I modify the pods to take the 5.25" and the 4" it wont be hard to change the speakers out and try each set.. I guess we could toss them all in the truck and bring a Alpine amp with me.... That way you could unscrew each set and try them each out.... I have a feeling that if you just want a great sound and you want it loud that the Memphis speakers are the way to go...

Let me look up the amp and also how much I have in the speaker sets...Ill post it back here in a few...

• Before I forget this...

Here is the amp I would recommend. It is more than enough to push any of these sets of speakers... I would wire each pod so that it would be 2ohm and then use the front right and left (unbridged...) and that would give you the rear right and left to bridge down into one channel for a future single subwoofer...

YOU CANT ASK FOR A BETTER AMP. I have recommended this beast to a lot of people and no-one has been disappointed... They usually tell me that they couldn't believe how clear and how strong this thing is....

Brand New Alpine MRV F300 4 Channel Car Amplifier 50 Watts RMS 793276012418 | eBay

No matter if you buy my speakers or get them somewhere else I HIGHLY recommend purchasing this amp....

It also will allow speaker level inputs and it will trigger the amp to turn on.

And it has gain on front and rear input side and It has a crossover on both front and rear.

ITS A AMAZING AMP. IT HAS TO BE DOUBLE what its rated........ I cant believe they classify it as a 50 watt x 4

• So @dangerdarrell if you want to purchase an amp this would be the one I recommend. No matter if you want to buy my speakers or someone elses..... Ill price out my pods and my speakers and my spacer shims in just a little bit...

Here is the link to the amp...

Brand New Alpine MRV F300 4 Channel Car Amplifier 50 Watts RMS 793276012418 | eBay

• I have that amp

• I would love to get some better sound out of my stereo, I have the clarion with a small amp in the cubby hole along with the black box for the stereo and SSV pods with Focal (I think) speakers - need to get the sound louder than my side exhaust and the woman in the right seat!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The empty pods are worth quite a bit. After market pods won't generate the sound that I can with the 5.25" and the 4" in them. I haven't seen one yet that was louder in the footwell area... I think they are all single 6.5" aftermarket pods...

The spacer that I use is a 35.00 set of 5.25" spacers that I trim and cut down to fit tight. 30.00 + 5.00 for shipping actually

The speakers are new as you can see.

So let me see what the pods are worth empty and let me get on ebay and see what the speakers are selling for ... Then I can discount them a bit more than that and post the price here

The pods are what I am not sure about...

If I said 300.00 for the empty pods. It may sound expensive... However NOBODY would take 300.00 for theirs... And I couldn't buy another set for that price... So I need to think about that before I just say that is a firm number....