Not sure if this is actually Tech??

• Your dealer is full of sh*t.

I have personally adjusted 4 hoods that the guys said dealer wasn't able to fix, and its fairly simple:

Loosen the front latches from the frame;
    Loosen the hood brackets (where the hood holds to the frame, 2 bolts on each side);

Play around with the hood closed until it falls into place with no stress on the brackets, and tighten the brackets. Unlatch the hood and check if it unlatches correctly. Open the hood, and latch it again making sure its easy to latch.

Tighten the front latches on the frame. Recheck latching and readjust front brackets if necessary.

Once the hood is adjusted, then adjust the bumper if it looks a bit sideways or off.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• Thanks Dave ... I appreciate those hood bracket supports - they have helped my situation of this darn hood closing come to an end. Thanks again. Have to call you SOON ... Upgrades coming soon :00008698::00008698::00008698:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• the hood trimming is an old thing and like @Orangeman said got lost over on the DS sometime back.
    Beside the trimming I also agree with @Dave@DDMWorks regarding the hood itself. It's not as rigid as one would think and a lot of the issue is there. My new SS closes a hell of alot better then my first one. I'm looking into some type of hood brace to see if just stiffing up the sub-structure can help with the latching.
    @BONES I also cal BS from your dealer. I use the same mounting points up front for my top. It's a lot lighter but regardless those points are at one of the most rigid points in the SS frame. If it is not covered by Polaris under warranty than neither is there new Sling Shade top.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thanks RD, like I said they told me top is aftermarket and I'd be looking @ 2 hrs labor, again been issue since day 1. Top makes it NOT a warranty issue

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/