Carbon Fiber Mirrors from SlingMods

• Yes I have them and I do like the look of them but the quality was not on point. They came looking USED and they would not stay in place. I called the guys at Slingmods and complained - they sent me out a set of washers to help tighten them up. But that really did not work. So I looked at it for a while and felt the pressure to tighten around that ball is not there. I added three new screws that have a PAN head on them. Instead of the flush mounts that was in there.... this helps because they are slightly longer and bubble out very slightly... this gives pressure on the back end when you put the two main bolts in place and tighten them down. I also added a pinch of light weight loc-tite on each screw. Now after 300 miles they Have not moved from there set position. Hope this helps!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• IMHO, spending $200 on mirrors you guys shouldn't have to " customize " or Add anything to them. Sounds like a pricey item that needs some re-engineering. Im glad I saw this cause it was a considered item...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• In all fairness regarding these mirrors - They are individually hand made items (not made on a CNC or waterjet), so there will be slight differences between both mirrors. It's almost impossible to make two identical hand made pieces in this manner. If any issues can be corrected by using a couple of washers, I'm sure Slingmods will be the first to assist any buyer with the remedy. They are an outstanding company with excellent customer service skills. They rank up near the top with a few other outstanding vendors here and the slingshot community is fortunate to have people like Keith taking care of our wants and needs

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I really do like them. It just took a little more pressure to keep them holding properly. It gives the SS a European look just a little. @harleyujoe if you try the way I mentioned it should work out fine.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Trying to install the mirrors now... if you try to install out of the box, the mirror will be facing the ground. I went to loosen the locking bolts (improper name I'm sure) to turn the mirror, i pulled the screws out which seemed to be a MAJOR mistake because the ball at the end of the mirror will not push back in far enough to re-fasten the locking bolts in to tighten it back up. Anyone have any ideas?

Slingmods said they will need to contact the manufacture to inquire about the issue. Waiting to hear back from them.

• Trying to install the mirrors now... if you try to install out of the box, the mirror will be facing the ground. I went to loosen the locking bolts (improper name I'm sure) to turn the mirror, i pulled the screws out which seemed to be a MAJOR mistake because the ball at the end of the mirror will not push back in far enough to re-fasten the locking bolts in to tighten it back up. Anyone have any ideas

Sorry don't think I can be much help ... these look like an updated version from mines. But I am sure Slingmods will get to the bottom of it. I would think you just barely loosen it enough to get the angle u desire... but not sure.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Hmmm looking at it again... is it possible to wrap it with small amount of electrical tape and foam. Place in small vise .... slightly pressure it and put the screw back in. Not sure if that could help.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• Update- Josh from Slingmods is getting with the manufacturer and we are going to send the mirror back to them for them to fix and then mail back.

@Bill Martin I put Mr. Mother F....r in a headlock and beat him into submission for now. Just finished installing Canadian headlight conversion (extremely easy) and just finished removing the side panel. (Mr. MF came to visit during that) removing the stock exhaust and headers for the Alpha Header and Alpha variable exhaust now. The whisky got pulled out during the side panels....

• Update- Josh from Slingmods is getting with the manufacturer and we are going to send the mirror back to them for them to fix and then mail back.

@Bill Martin I put Mr. Mother F....r in a headlock and beat him into submission for now. Just finished installing Canadian headlight conversion (extremely easy) and just finished removing the side panel. (Mr. MF came to visit during that) removing the stock exhaust and headers for the Alpha Header and Alpha variable exhaust now. The whisky got pulled out during the side panels....

There you go brother!!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,