Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• When we had crawfish boils it was at least a hundred lbs at a time - be turning over a lotta rocks :00008172: Pardon my ignorance but WTF is a Ramp Supper ?????

Being too lazy to actually look it up, I rely on my memories as a kid. Ramps are indeed similar to onions, but with a uniquely pungent aroma. We used to joke that Ramp Suppers should be called Blackmail Suppers as the cooked product had terrible smell, but eating them meant that you didn't really notice the smell and I basically liked them once I could get past the initial smell. Ramps grow wild and I don't recall ever having heard of them being grown commercially. It would take several folks going thru the forest to collect enough ramps for a community supper. Think of a Ramps Supper as typically held as a fundraiser with everybody bringing a dish to accompany the main course, the Ramps.

The link above mentions Richwood, WV, which is about 20 miles northwest of my Grandparents farm where I spent summers and got exposed to life outside the Northern Virginia suburbs. As a kid, I remember my Dad telling how my Grandfather worked in a logging mill near Richwood during the week and how he walked the 20 miles home for the weekend to keep up with farm work and then walking the 20 miles back Sunday afternoon.

We used to have a grocer who drove a truck loaded with essentials like canned goods, flour, kerosene, etc. for those folks who didn't have transportation to get to town. He bought farm eggs from his customers for resale in town and would take orders for feed or other essentials and deliver orders the following week. I always loved the Saturday morning walk to the main road to meet the truck as they had penny candies and chocolate bars for 3 cents. The truck's owners finally shutdown sometime in the late 70s or early 80s, but he helped many people access groceries and other items they would have had trouble getting otherwise.

• Well, I dunno if y'all remember my "Tour De' Walmart" a couple years ago - went around looking for Matchbox Slingshots.

I tried it again on Saturday, hoping to find some of the new Yellow ones, or even the previous Black ones. (I have a Red, Blue, and Black, so just need the new Yellow to round out my collection.) Hit 6 Walmarts (only 5 pics below), but struck out at every single one. Oh, and did I mention it was 105 degrees and >50% humidity on Saturday?

• I was busy cleaning my windshield at Rugged Point heard a beeping sound behind me and got a good wave from this White SS. I actually saw 4 Slingshots on this trip which is truly amazing!

Young Buck

Best cinnamon rolls you will ever have! Pismo Beach

• That looks like an awesome trip... I am truly envious...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• That looks like an awesome trip... I am truly envious...

I know everybody says you should go here and you should go there and there’s truly an abundance of beauty in these incredible United States but here’s the big caveat - everyone should experience pacific coast highway going north to Oregon through California. I’m not sure how many times we’ve done it - lost track - but we never get tired of it.

On the way home we came through Topanga Canyon to catch up to the 101 from Malibu. I remember as a kid reading in cycle world about this truly iconic Road. Looks like someone threw spaghetti at a map and said let’s put the roads there!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Me, my bride, and another coonass couple made another trip to Pretty Place, NC. Has GOT to be the most majestic chapel in the country!! If you ever get a chance to see it don’t miss out !!

I’ll even throw in a pic of the ole battle ax :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• I know everybody says you should go here and you should go there and there’s truly an abundance of beauty in these incredible United States but here’s the big caveat - everyone should experience pacific coast highway going north to Oregon through California. I’m not sure how many times we’ve done it - lost track - but we never get tired of it.

On the way home we came through Topanga Canyon to catch up to the 101 from Malibu. I remember as a kid reading in cycle world about this truly iconic Road. Looks like someone threw spaghetti at a map and said let’s put the roads there!

Great pics!!! Brings back a lot of memories for me. I lived in LA for 8 years and I've gone up PCH countless times from LA to San Fran to visit my sister. Definitely one of my favorite roads in the US. I always liked going through San Luis Obispo and Monterey.

I had some buddies with motorcycles and we would jump on PCH in Santa Monica and go up Topanga Canyon and catch the 101 to Kanan and come back down to the coast in Zuma. We'd head South and stop at Duke's for lunch/brunch before heading back home to Hermosa Beach.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Took a ride to get a hair cut then to get groceries. A 2.5 mile trip. Scared to drive it any farther then I can push it home. After they put the new shifting switch in she has been acting up. Pull up to a stop light she goes into neutral and won't shift to D or R. I shut down and restarted and all was fine. I went to Winn Dixie got what I needed and put them in to the Slingshot went to fire her up green light came on hit the button and nothing happened. Trieds everything. No shift just a green N that wouldn't change. About the time I was thinking my frozen good was going to melt she decided to start and took me home. No pics of the hair cut place of the grocery store. Sorry I wasn't in the mood just wanted to get home. 90 degrees and 60% humidity.

If the music is to loud you are to old.