Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• On our way back from the valley of fire and doing the Lake Mead loop got passed up by about 10 Slingshots and by the time I got my camera this guy pulling up the rear was the only one I could get. 😎 It was one of those slow red ones I guess😜

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Hi folks, I've been a little scarce lately. The Captain finally got home from California (hospice care for her dad.) Weather has been crappy and the new semester is a ball-buster.

I needed some quality anti-depressants, so when the thermometer hit 50, I went out for a drive. Oh God, its like a drug! The roar, the hiss of the blow-off valve, the surge of the turbo! I reeeealy needed that!

Oh yeah, where did I go? To the dentist. I had a crown pop off Monday and I had to get it fixed.

That's right, I KNOW how to have a good time! Woot! 😜

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Took a ride to Nas Jax today to get some new hearing aids. Really a great day but some real crazy drivers. A guy racing down the bike lane at least 10 miles over the speed limit as the real three lanes were full so they were holding him up. A bubba in a great big truck with mud tires thinking he was at Daytona Speedway. I was amazed the tight spots he was able to change lanes in. I backed off didn't want to be near the pile up he was going to cause. BTW those tires threw a rock that hit me in the arm and reminded me why I was wearing a full helmet.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"

"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Took a ride to Nas Jax today to get some new hearing aids. Really a great day but some real crazy drivers. A guy racing down the bike lane at least 10 miles over the speed limit as the real three lanes were full so they were holding him up. A bubba in a great big truck with mud tires thinking he was at Daytona Speedway. I was amazed the tight spots he was able to change lanes in. I backed off didn't want to be near the pile up he was going to cause. BTW those tires threw a rock that hit me in the arm and reminded me why I was wearing a full helmet.

I have found that many times drivers tend to engage the slingshot differently then when I'm driving my truck or motorcycle. I'm not sure if it's jealousy, curiosity or other. Many times people race up and challenge or attempt to box you out and get ahead when lanes merge.

• I tend to drive very defensibly while driving my SS. I am more relaxed then I was when riding my Harley. I shouldn't be as neither give you much protection. I find it hard to see what speed I am going and this thing is going to give me my first speeding ticket in 60 years of driving. The road around the lake in my housing area is 25 mph and the SS just does not like 25. 30 is better and the law love to have radar just around the corner to catch the kids. When you pull out on the main road and hit the gas you just don't want to let off at 45.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• ^^^^

One thing In the slingshot as opposed to the motorcycle. I feel way better hanging out in the highway waiting for a break in traffic to make a left hand turn. I'm sure you know as most of us here do it's a down right scary thing to be stuck that situation on a bike.

Big plus in the slingshot!

• Did a ride today with SW Florida Slingshot riders. Went to Sebring FL to the racetrack, then off to lunch at Cowpokes Watering Hole. 12 slings, great day after the overcast morning fog burned off.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.