New Jeep Wrangler Truck - test mule!

• Just resist the options.... Must resist.... ;(

Right?! Keyless entry, automatic simply for the adaptive cruise function, heated seats, upgraded stereo, color matched top, front camera w/cleaning spray... I must go without those tempting things and so much more. It will be tough when it, "is only $7 more a month, that's only $12 more a month...";(

• Just placed an early order for one of the first off the assembly line. It's for work and is a fully optioned out Rubicon. It's one of 4000 offered as the Launch Edition. Not my money but it ain't cheap. We need it ASAP for development work.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Just placed an early order for one of the first off the assembly line. It's for work and is a fully optioned out Rubicon. It's one of 4000 offered as the Launch Edition. Not my money but it ain't cheap. We need it ASAP for development work.

Very cool RD. Keep us posted. Lots of pics of "special", "limited" stuff.

I got the email invite yesterday to order a day before "the general public". $62k is a little steep for me.

• Very cool RD. Keep us posted. Lots of pics of "special", "limited" stuff.

I got the email invite yesterday to order a day before "the general public". $62k is a little steep for me.

I have priced out a Sport S and a Rubicon. I can keep them below 50 but that's still expensive. Price of new cars and trucks is just so high. Hard pill to swallow when I normally buy slightly used and let someone else take the hit. Jeep's are a little different. They retain their value very well.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• The disappointing part and may be a deal breaker for me is the only way to get the max towing number is to get one of the Sport packages. May have to just get a RAM Rebel instead. Will find out when the Gladiators hit the dealers to see if our front facing car seat will fit in the back seat or not and leave some room for the front passenger.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• The disappointing part and may be a deal breaker for me is the only way to get the max towing number is to get one of the Sport packages. May have to just get a RAM Rebel instead. Will find out when the Gladiators hit the dealers to see if our front facing car seat will fit in the back seat or not and leave some room for the front passenger.

I know what you are talking about but I think the difference is 7700 compared to the Rubicon 7000. Will need to double check.

Not sure what the reason might be but also remember that the Diesel want have max towing either. It comes down to cooling. It's possible that for the Rubicon the optional front camera could block enough radiator space that they simple note it across the board for the Rubicon. As for the desiel it does have to do with cooling.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I know what you are talking about but I think the difference is 7700 compared to the Rubicon 7000. Will need to double check.

Not sure what the reason might be but also remember that the Diesel want have max towing either. It comes down to cooling. It's possible that for the Rubicon the optional front camera could block enough radiator space that they simple note it across the board for the Rubicon. As for the desiel it does have to do with cooling.

I would bet it is because of the shocks. The Ford Raptor and Chevy Colorado ZR2 suffer the same type of tow rating loss.

With the ZR2 it is a cooling issue, without a lower front deflector and the bumper designed for greater approach angle airflow through the radiator is not as efficient as a standard Colorado at speed ....

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I just got a Silverado 1500 with the 6.2 and 10 speed I think the towing capacity is around 10,000lbs. I don't remember because I bought this as my daily driver. I have an older 2500 HD I use for towing.

Ok so I just wanted to brag on my new truck - I am done

So that was you basically going ....."THUMP"....

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• You are correct. For the Gladiator it really came down to cooling. All JT gladiators have grilles with larger mesh opening in them than the JL. Grant you it's possible the spring rate "may" also have weight in for the Rubicon rating. I do know 100% it is cooling for the Diesel.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• don't know about the ZR2 but when Roman from TFL interviewed a jeep engineer it was said that the reason for the lost of towing capacity is due to the extra weight.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• don't know about the ZR2 but when Roman from TFL interviewed a jeep engineer it was said that the reason for the lost of towing capacity is due to the extra weight.

Interesting. The only weight points to the Rubicon would be the sway bar disconnect, lockers, and the slightly wider axles. The engine and transfer case are within spitting distance.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• According to General Motors it's the off road goodies, no mention of air flow.;)

https://www.google.com/amp/gma…-fell-by-2000-pounds/amp/

In regards to all off-road focused trucks, TFL Truck says this.

• Please note: If you read the article GM Authority were directly quoting Chevrolet.

Thanks for the info on GM Authority. Funny you would look that up rather than read the article.:/

I do see where TFL truck says that with the ZR2 it is air flow also. Thanks for the info.

• Interesting. The only weight points to the Rubicon would be the sway bar disconnect, lockers, and the slightly wider axles. The engine and transfer case are within spitting distance.

The wider axles and 4.10 gears from the Rubicon are used on the sport models in the "max tow" package. The only items I think could be adding more weight would be options you cannot get on the sport models. Different hood, sway bar disconnect, lockers, transfer case, larger head unit screen, front facing camera, etc......Either way I am excited to see the Gladiator at the DC auto show this weekend and cannot wait to see what your company does for aftermarket parts Ruptured Duck.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited once, last by WraithSS ().