Speakers in the console?

• So I know @rabtech put some tweeters in there, but has anyone placed like 4" or maybe larger speakers in the black plastic panels of the footwells? Driver's left and passenger's right? What's behind there? I hit them and it sounded hollow... If I cut a hole and surface mount some speakers, would they fit?

Working on planning my next mod... Sound!

To save on cost, I'm going with Planet Audio bluetooth amp, JBL GT speakers (6.5s in mod-pods and then the 4s in the center console)... Should run about $250.

Edited once, last by MiM ().

• I thought you were talking about the console area. I was referring to the trans tuned area in my post.
    The outer area I'm not sure about. I think it might go behind the area of the black textured fender. If you search some on the installation of the heat management foam from Polaris that comes with the shroud. I saw a post somewhere that had that plastic completely removed.

Stephen

• @shot put speakers on center consult next to driver rt leg and passenger lt leg. You could see transmission behind. He used an enclosure on back side of speakers to protect. He has a base and it was the only speakers he had. He said he wasn't satisfied with them.

• I thought you were talking about the console area. I was referring to the trans tuned area in my post.
    The outer area I'm not sure about. I think it might go behind the area of the black textured fender. If you search some on the installation of the heat management foam from Polaris that comes with the shroud. I saw a post somewhere that had that plastic completely removed.

Stephen

Not sure what you mean...?

• You posted as in the console but your description of location would suggest the outer plastic piece of the interior. Drivers left and passenger right. I took console as the transmission tunnel area. Drivers right and passengers left.

Stephen

• Actually, you're right... About everything! Lol... I meant driver's right, passenger's left!

Anyway, thanks @JimM! Looked up @shot on the "other" forum and saw his picture of the "Dual" brand speakers in the black plastic panel. Do you happen to know if that's inner or outer? Hard to tell from the picture and I only found the one picture.

I wouldn't just be using the 2 4inchers there, also 6.5s on the other sides (using pods to mount). So 4 speakers total.

This forum is awesome!

• Sorry @MiM what do you mean by inner/outer. I know it sounded good for what it was compared to no radio until you start moving. It was inexpensive at the time he is redoing it now. I think you are on right track with both sides would give more of surround sound. That is exactly what I have been contiplating.

• Sorry @MiM what do you mean by inner/outer. I know it sounded good for what it was compared to no radio until you start moving. It was inexpensive at the time he is redoing it now. I think you are on right track with both sides would give more of surround sound. That is exactly what I have been contiplating.

I meant if his were installed on the inner panels (center console, leg panel area) or outer panels (opposite center console), but I think I figured out it was on the inner panels.

I'm going to remove those panels this weekend and if all looks good, Amazon order and jigsaw time... :00008023:

Getting the 6.5 modified mod-pods from @BKL hopefully! Those will be opposite the center console speakers...

• Whats wrong with using either stock or ssv pods?

Having gone the route that he is looking to go, I can say that the cost difference is huge. Including the Bluetooth connection, Amp, speakers, mod pods, and tablet with 4G LTE service, I am at just under $500 for my sound system. I can hear it up to about 85 MPH and all I have left is to add the Sub in a few weeks.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Are the SSV the only option for side pods beside seat?

No. There is an Extremely talented individual here that has designed and has a patent for speaker pods for the slingshot. I'm not sure where he is as far as going retail on these yet, but I'm sure if you ask, he'll be able to provide you with some cool pictures and maybe even a price. I'm sure he'll see this and say something to you Jim.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @JimM, @Br4hm4 posted pictures of the Mod Pods he used in the post immediately before yours. The Mod Pods are designed for use in Jeeps, but also fit well into the Slingshot.

@JimM the Mod Pods are built to fit 5.25 inch speakers...you can cut them to 6.5 inch real easy. I'm very happy with them especially seeing as I spent less than $130 for the speakers and the pods. I think they sound solid and was a much more cost effective way to go than some of the other options on the market.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...