No longer a Potential Sling Owner…I’m now Bonefide!

• 120,000+ miles of smiles and still DON'T a top.

yep, over 7 years now, I did briefly try a top but took it back off and its never gone back on, heck I even ditched the stock windshield and switched to the Polaris double bubble windshilds - living here in the desert with temps what they are I want all the airflow I can get and with the stock windshield and that top it was like sitting in an oven every time I stopped at a light - just about killed me =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'd like to look at it for sure. Not in a hurry on windshield (at least I don't think) so would still need one by then.

Think hard about how tall you want that wind screen, because if you spend a lot of miles on the rode they fog up and you had better be able to see over or around it. It happens in an instant. Been there 3 different times which is the reason that I run a cut down wind screen (2 1/2 inches) just above the center brace. Also the tall wind screens cut down on the air flow in the cockpit, it did not take me but 30 miles at 100 degrees to take a plus 6 off of Sling II as soon as I got home.

• Its funny, I just looked back through all my pictures of my slingshot and I can only find one of the top - it was from a slingshot event we went to locally, only drive we ever took with the top installed - April of 2019, came home took it off and took it apart and stored - literally one weekend ride is all it lasted. Here is my wife standing next to the sling with the top in the open position.

and this is my slingshot now - no top and double bubble windshields - love the extra air flow - especially when its 110 degrees or hotter

when it comes to mods I think I've taken more things off my slingshot than things i've added - note no fenders :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you're tall like that, I'm gonna suggest you look around and see what you fit in. I'm 6'0", but sit tall in the seat (my head comes to the roll bar). I ended up with the Twist Dynamics Gull Wing and have been extremely happy. Some of the others I sat in, the front cross bar was at or below my line of sight. Go to a show and ask people about their tops. I'm sure many will let you sit in them - that's what I did.

BTW, some different tops out there (I'm sure plenty of people can add more):

• You should have let me know you were in Myrtle Beach, I am only 35 miles away

It was a quick decision. I was suppose to go to a dealer in Henderson, NC and they pissed me off so I re-routed to Myrtle, which is closer to me anyway. I would have had an SLR, which was very nice but I do like this one better. And have less change in my pocket from it lol.

• It was a quick decision. I was suppose to go to a dealer in Henderson, NC and they pissed me off so I re-routed to Myrtle, which is closer to me anyway. I would have had an SLR, which was very nice but I do like this one better. And have less change in my pocket from it lol.

How was that new dealer to deal with. They bought out the Murrel's Inlet dealer and they were the best to deal with but could not turn down the money that they were offered to sell out on the Slingshots.

• How was that new dealer to deal with. They bought out the Murrel's Inlet dealer and they were the best to deal with but could not turn down the money that they were offered to sell out on the Slingshots.

They are a "big-Box store. Sales side was just ok but I told them to drop the OTD price $2k and I'd take it or walk. They dropped it. Their service department was great. I'll probably have them service it, even though I have 3 dealers much closer to me. I had my Indian serviced at the Indian Dealer - Coastal Iron, in Murrel's Inlet. Great place!