Nannies are off

• For sometime now every once in a while, I’ll get a dashboard light that shows the nannies are off. Almost always I can turn off the SS then turn it back on and the warning light disappears.

Today the nanny light stayed on all day long or should I say off all day long and I could do nothing with the switch. No codes and nothing in the head unit that shows anything wrong .

I need the Slingshot brainiacs to help me out with this one. Do I need to replace the switch? Or is there something else somewhere else that I need to check on or replace? It’s not really a big deal but I would like it to work.

Thanks ahead of time for any input

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I would not get in a hurry to do anything ... from time to time mine will want to act up for a day or two. Generally a off/on will reset everything but once in a while it takes a day or two before it quiets down. Is everything else workning OK?

• Yes, everything else seems to be working just fine. It has been a progression though. It used to come on once in a great while then a little bit more now it’s full on.

If it doesn't go off soon be time for a dealer visit. I'm probably going to visit my dealer in the next few days.

• Traction control and stability control are referred to as nannies

generally speaking it is advised to turn these things off when riding in the rain or on wet roads. Seems they have a habit of causing more problems than they fix.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have not seen the term nannies before, sorry im a new ss owner, please explain.

Nannies --- take care of the KIDS.........in this case it's the computer taking care of you/Slingshot. In an auto they say NEVER use 'cruise control' (a nanny) in bad weather...the same is true for the Slingshot. Always want traction and stability OFF when wet roads. To turn off after starting the Slingshot press and hold the traction button until both light on the dash come on. Ride safe.

• Now I know why machines, boats bikes, and the lot are called “she”.

Fickle! unpredictable!

Just shy of 700 miles this last weekend with no nanny lights on and the nanny switch working like a charm.🤪

go figure?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎