I Know It's Sacrilege, But...

• I just recently purchased a used motorhome.

Considering taking it to SSITS, I'll have to trailer the Sling up there and back.

Therein lies the rub...

No trailer! I would like to find an enclosed if possible.

What would be some of the suggestions on what to look for that will make things better, more convenient or just easier?

• I'm sure the trailer guys will be along with more info, but you will need to pay attention to width as well as ramp angle as VV11B40 pointed out. Many standard width flatbed, enclosed and toy-hauler trailers are too narrow for the Sling, especially if you add wider wheels.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I just recently purchased a used motorhome.

Considering taking it to SSITS, I'll have to trailer the Sling up there and back.

Therein lies the rub...

No trailer! I would like to find an enclosed if possible.

What would be some of the suggestions on what to look for that will make things better, more convenient or just easier?

Is the motor home strong enough to pull a 8 x 14 or 16 trailer. Lots of trailers out there. I use an open 7 x 14 dual axel with a 6ft ramp and extra 3 3ft ramps for loading. I also have a Polaris Trailering cover which works nice.

SlingThing Trailers

http://www.slingthingtrailers.com

• I don't know why you would cover on a trailer. You ride without a cover. If your tow vehicle has the correct debris gaurd or the trailer has a front shield, why cover?

Security in hotel parking lots, reduction of detail time from rain along the way, ability to carry tools, fuel, parts, supplies, and even indoor storage at home.

Edit: I may have misread that. These are reasons for a covered trailer, not a trailer cover. I have the Polaris trailer cover and choose not to use it on an open trailer. I'm afraid of damage to the paint at speed.

• Thanks everyone!

Glad I asked, I would have prolly screwed up on ramp angle..

Yes, the motorhome is plenty enuff to tow an 8x16 loaded...

I had already been looking at trailers before the Slingshot, and could use an enclosed for other purposes...

I don't intend on trailering the Sling often, situations like this or dealer trips for mods.

• Security in hotel parking lots, reduction of detail time from rain along the way, ability to carry tools, fuel, parts, supplies, and even indoor storage at home.

Edit: I may have misread that. These are reasons for a covered trailer, not a trailer cover. I have the Polaris trailer cover and choose not to use it on an open trailer. I'm afraid of damage to the paint at speed.

5 trips to Florida and NO damage to the paint.

• Thanks everyone!

Glad I asked, I would have prolly screwed up on ramp angle..

Yes, the motorhome is plenty enuff to tow an 8x16 loaded...

I had already been looking at trailers before the Slingshot, and could use an enclosed for other purposes...

I don't intend on trailering the Sling often, situations like this or dealer trips for mods.

need at least an 8ft wide.

• So are you trailering to ssits or riding? Over 50 years of motorcycling and now sling, I always said " if I can't ride, I'm not going!". Fortunately I had a wife with the same mindset.

I will be riding, Georgia will not be with me in Maggie. Little over 600 miles, I'll leave before sun up and get to Maggie about 3:00 pm.

• Security in hotel parking lots, reduction of detail time from rain along the way, ability to carry tools, fuel, parts, supplies, and even indoor storage at home.

The only time I have trailered was when something was broke. That has been twice since May of 1964. We just have a bunch of -------!

• Kinda hard to drive a motorhome and ride the Sling to the same place by yourself.

If I rent a motel room, of course in riding. If I'm staying in the campground...ain't but two other options; Don't Go! or trailer...

• The only time I have trailered was when something was broke. That has been twice since May of 1964. We just have a bunch of -------!

My Sling was trailered 1,764 miles from Minneapolis to my house in Brush Prairie, WA by mniron before I ever saw it. I suggested sending my cover out to him for the trip and he recommended not using it. The only other time I trailered was my 1st Sling to the dealer for evaluation after being rear-ended. It was totalled.

• Talked about the paint being buffed a little. My Slingshot has over 100,000 miles on it. Some of the buffing on the roll hoops is more from going down the road than anything else.

my roll hoops also have worn to where the color is gone in spots and I dont have close to 100k nor have I ever used a cover or anything else that has rubbed - I think its just the way they are

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies