• Leah first off I do not care what anyone told you. When buying used do a full service on anything that you buy. That way you will at least know and it shoud not cost that much for a little peace of mine. Being a quart down on the oil, to me is a tell to go ahead and do the service. DO NOT MIX BRANDS OF OIL except in an emergency...Go to an auto parts store, if they do not have it on the shelf they will order for you. Use the weight that is recommended for your 2020 Polaris motor. As for the oil brand I think most of us are running MOBIL 1. You do not have to run the Polaris branded oil.

• Thanks. I'll go ahead and change the oil and filter this weekend...

Once it's finished, does the system oil change mileage countdown need to be reset manually? If so how?

• Thanks. I'll go ahead and change the oil and filter this weekend...

Once it's finished, does the system oil change mileage countdown need to be reset manually? If so how?

Most of us that you have been talking to have the older Slingshots with a totally different computer system as well as motor. Check manual....

• Thanks, I did see that...my local O'Reilly's, Auto Zone & Advance don't carry any Polaris branded products...

Didn't think Wally World would either?

Since I haven't actually seen one yet, how would I w know which one to get?

Is there a specific or generic competing brand that will work...or, is there one for a vehicle that matches?

• VV, I don't think that...if I go into wherever and ask for a filter if any kind for a 2020 Corvette Stingray, I get dozens of choices. I can pick Fram, Purolator, etc...

The Slingshot is such a unique ride most say what's a Slingshot? U tell them kind of a reverse trike, made by Polaris...they say Ohh, it's French, them French make purty cars, I hear they got wiring issues though, catch on fire in middle of night or when riding down the road, shoot I even heard one caught on fire while filling up with gas burnt the damn filling station down. Couldn't nobody buy a 6 pack of PBR or a bag of ice for 3 whole months...

At this point, IF u can get away you'll be like hell with an oil filter I'll ask the folks online...

• Thanks, I did see that...my local O'Reilly's, Auto Zone & Advance don't carry any Polaris branded products...

Is there a specific or generic competing brand that will work...or, is there one for a vehicle that matches?

Any filter for the Chev. ECOTEC engine

• That's what I'm doing...I figured I'll buy 3-5 gallons of oil and same number of filters...

I bought used with 3800 miles

The dealership told me when I bought it they would change oil and filter...

The manual calls for 5w-50. Went to buy a quart of oil just to have at another dealership, they only had 5w-30 claimed that was what it came with...makes me wonder, what ratio they may have used when it was changed

I've got about 500 on it since I bought it. I think I'm going to change it again, prolly at 5000 mile. Just for my own personal peace of mind. I'll know for sure it's done and what's in it...

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Hi FunCy, how u doing today?

Thanks...mine doesn't have 5he Chevy Ecostar, I have the Polaris Prostar...

Are they still compatible?

What FunCycle has been talking about is the older Slingshots that have the 2.4 GM motor. Not sure that the same oil filter works. Leah when you want to make sure that you connect with someone use the "@" before the name Leah and that will be sure to send them a alert.

• Thanks Ej, u doing aight today?

Wonder if the K&N PS 7000 will work?

I might be better off this time going with an actual Polaris brand...

My next dumass question that I can't find in search is, ain't sure what it's called...in the diagnostics, it's a 5000 mile countdown until the next oil change is due...does this automatically reset when the oil is changed via a sensor of some ilk; or does one manually rest it, if so, how?