Left blinker stops working - temporarily

• Okay, 2019 base, but lots of electrical mods (Stereo, lights, seat coolers, etc.) Has happened twice in past week (drove every day otherwise). 24k miles on SS but no recent electrical mods or issues. Battery was replaced May 2023 (with new Lithium battery).

About 30 mins into a drive and my left blinker stops working. The light on the dash is on - no blinking. But the left marker lights (both front and rear) are not on. Right blinker works fine, both dash lights and marker lights. As soon as I stop engine and restart, it starts working fine again. As I said, only happened twice, both about 30 mins into a drive (once in the country and once going to work).

Any thoughts?

Someone mentioned grounds, but I know tracking that down is hell. And why would the right one work?

• Mine did that two! I think it was my turn signal. I press it one and it went away.

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• [quote='Luigi','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10937-left-blinker-stops-working-temporarily/&postID=381767#post381767']

Mine did that two! I think it was my turn signal. I press it one and it went away.

[/quote]

Yea, I could turn on the right and it would work no problem, even if the left wasn't. Turning on/off the left blinker didn't change it. It just showed on in the dash, but no left lights and no blinking. Only turning off the engine reset it to start working again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• The first and easiest thing I would do is check to see if there are 2 flasher relays and swap them. If the problem migrates to the right flasher.....you know it's a bad flasher and replace it. If there is one flasher relay used for both signals, I'd check to see if there is another relay in the fuse block just like it and swap those. Same deal...if problem migrates to what the other relay controlled....replace the relay. Or just go buy a new relay and replace the suspect relay to see if that fixes the issue. If the problem persists, then it could be the turn signal module going wonky. Good luck and keep us updated!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Yea, I could turn on the right and it would work no problem, even if the left wasn't. Turning on/off the left blinker didn't change it. It just showed on in the dash, but no left lights and no blinking. Only turning off the engine reset it to start working again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Have you checked the Blinker Oil?
    JUST ASKING FOR A FRIEND!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Update: Problem disappeared for more than a month. Then reappeared about 10 days ago. Except this time the blinker stopped working every time - all except 1 time. That 1 time, it worked for the 1st left turn and then didn't work for the 2nd left turn in 1/4 mile.

I went through all the relays, fuses, and Flasher Control Module (that thing's a B@!# to get to). Nope, still left side won't work while right side does.

Then I found the big Turn Signal Question thread that someone else (actually, multiple someone elses) had the same problem. And Sam Owens provided lots of good pointers. So I resigned myself to having to get a resistor inline with everything else.

So last night, I start digging into the wiring. I have the Slingmods Signal Harness so I unplug it and just plug everything back to stock. Check the blinkers and everything works fine. Okay, I think I found the problem. Plug the harness back in just to start the wiring. AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE AGAIN!

Turned on/off the car several times. All working fine. Drove it to dr. appt today and all fine. WTF?!?

• Need Spring 'blinker fluid'............

• My right front turn signal is intermittent. Seems to work at start but most of the time when I need it, it's not working and neither is the indicator of the dash; although the rear signal works fine.