Bolt Torque Spec.- Exhaust

• Replacing my FabFactory Trio exhaust as soon as weather breaks. Had it on since purchase of sling back in 2016. Questions: what is the correct bolt torque for the header flange (1320) bolts to my replacement exhaust flange?

Thanks ahead of time.

• Replacing my FabFactory Trio exhaust as soon as weather breaks. Had it on since purchase of sling back in 2016. Questions: what is the correct bolt torque for the header flange (1320) bolts to my replacement exhaust flange?

Thanks ahead of time.

Hi Frank,

This is what I have from the 2015-1019 manual for the stock exhaust. Hope this helps.

• I looked in our manual for the 2015-2019 Slingshot and could not find the torque for the 3 bolts that hold the exhaust to the header, not sure if that is what you are looking for. In the Solstice/Sky manual those 3 bolts are listed at 37 ft/lbs of torque.

I use the torque spec of 'really tight' for those 3 bolts since I can only get a wrench on the one closest to the block.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I could not find the torque either as Dave mentioned above. I appreciate all the responses and will see how they feel at 37 ft/lbs. Hopefully when I remove the existing exhaust I can get a feel for how tight to go. Maybe SlingLow specialty torque. Again, thanks to all.

• I looked in our manual for the 2015-2019 Slingshot and could not find the torque for the 3 bolts that hold the exhaust to the header, not sure if that is what you are looking for. In the Solstice/Sky manual those 3 bolts are listed at 37 ft/lbs of torque.

Another reason why Dave is the BEST. Foe all of us O G's, it was Henry from Alpha (a real nice guy, but his exit from the Slingshot community wasn't handled properly, Jon V who put out some great looking s/s welded products and a completely different turbo design (great talent but early on didn't reply too quickly to messages sent to him - and even questioned me WHY I wanted to hire him to do a one off part for me before being ghosted), Shawn from Fab Factory who had one of the best equipped shop with all the latest and greatest tools and a great following (who too gave up supporting the Slingshot platform, to Bill Hahn from Hahn Racecraft who had the first completed turbocharged Slingshot completed and road tested (MINE - and who also had the first Slingshot to explode the engine while on the dyno - MINE ALSO) and Dave@DDMWorks. Funny how the cream rises to the top and the best survive. Dave started out low key (and I think I was the first or one of the first, to purchase one of his items for the Slingshot), but now leads all others with his products, support and friendship even if you're not a customer of his. If you have any issues, rest assured dave either knows how to diagnose your problem or is willing to assist. Plus having his shop centrally located (almost) his shop is within a days drive (or two depending on your location) so he can get you completed and back on the open road enjoying your ride. I just hope Santa brought him enough sprinkles to make it through to Maggie Valley 2023 until his supplier can refill his pantry.

Happy New Year to you, your family and crew at DDM Works. You're the best

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• I could not find the torque either as Dave mentioned above. I appreciate all the responses and will see how they feel at 37 ft/lbs. Hopefully when I remove the existing exhaust I can get a feel for how tight to go. Maybe SlingLow specialty torque. Again, thanks to all.

Sorry, misread as the flange to the engine. Strange it stops under the installation without the connection to the exhaust. I did find this under general information but not sure what exhaust outlet bolts imply? If so it backs up as Dave mentioned.