• OK, the trick to installing the plug is to first drill a small hole thru both pieces of plastic before ever taking a single piece of plastic off. This will assure you that you have both holes lines up with each other.

Once you drill a 3/8 hole no more than 1" deep right in the center of the area that I have them shown you can take the painted pieces off and set them on the table... Then grab you a tapered drill bit and drill them once step at a time till the new lighter plug fits snuggly. then do the same to the painted parts.

Now you have holes that are perfectly aligned up and ready to accept the socket.

Go out to the fuse box and unplug the radio fuse next. I also unplugged the accessory fuse.

Next you will need power.... Pop the radio out. Its held in with tension so just pull hard and the display will come out. Unplug the two plugs on the back of the display and set aside.

Find the bigger wide 3 wire plug and it will provide you the ground and power. Now what you need to figure out is if you want the plugs switched power or hot all the time. Hook a voltmeter to the plug and I believe you will find the Black wire to be the ground . The smaller wire to be the switched hot. And the other bigger wire to be the full time hot.

Make you some leads to attach to each of the cigarette plugs and splice them into the hot wire and ground wire mentioned earlier. You can use vampire clamps or any other way you feel comfortable with. Then poke the new leads you just spliced in out the holes you drilled... Then snap the painted plastic on and plug the hot and ground wire onto the plugs. The holes will (or should) be tight enough to hold the plugs without the nut on the back. So jam the plugs thru both pieces of plastic. It will also help hold the painted part snuggly in place.