How to easily disable Slingshot from easy theft?

• Mt favorite alarm story is circa 1979 when I was living in an apartment. My next door neighbor had rich parents and he installed every accessory imaginable (at the time) on his 71 Chevelle. One day he bragged about his newest which was a remote alarm that had a small device the size of a Colibri lighter (at 19 years old I had style) that he kept on his nightstand at night which would sound a warning if the car was disturbed. That summer I was working for a framer on a house so I left for work at O dark thirty. Each day I would jump in my CJ5, start it up and warm it, then jump out, kick his car, jump in and drive away. About the time I got to the edge of the parking lot he would stumble out the door pulling up his pants. Hilarious! I came home from work one day after a couple weeks of this and he was under the hood disassembling the huge bundle of wires coming from his battery. When I asked him what he was doing he told me he was pulling the G** D*** defective alarm because it kept going off and waking him up every morning. He wasn't all that likeable and I never did tell him the truth. :evil:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My son installed a system he made from mostly Radio Shack pieces. He had it so sensitive that thunder, strong winds, and the neighborhood cats set it off. It gave you a warning if you walked to close and a key tapped on any window set it off. I was tired of waking him up to go out a disarm it. The car was stolen while he was in a movie theater and totaled. No alarm in his next car.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• if they want it, they will take it. None of these "theft" mechanisms are going to disuade thieves from taking the sling. It can be towed pretty easily from the front or the back.

I agree 100%, to me locking the steering wheel or taking it with me is intended to dissuade the kids looking for a joy ride. I figure 99% of the time that's who's going to try to jump in and take off with it - - and in reality simply being a manual transmission is probably enough to give most of them second thoughts 8o

For any serious thief I have insurance

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies