My slingshot throttle is not working, I'm getting code 65610, any help would be appreciated

• i have a 2016 turbo slinshot that just threw a code 65610 will only idle and it backfires on startup

Not sure about the code, but the first thing I would check would be where the electrical plug is down by the pedal - - I have heard of people having problems with this plug especially when running the pedal commander - - if I recall correctly water can get in there and cause corrosion that messes up the connections

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• i have a 2016 turbo slinshot that just threw a code 65610 will only idle and it backfires on startup

Not running turbo just OEM, but a lot of us 'old' timers run a 1/2 can of Seafoam thru the gas tank every month or two. Keeps things cleaned out. 2016 wth 100,125 miles of smiles in the seat.

Which kit? Have you contacted the kit manufacturer yet? Was this right after the installation or was the kit running fine for awhile and then the code came up? Has any other maintenance or modifications been done recently?

• Which kit? Have you contacted the kit manufacturer yet? Was this right after the installation or was the kit running fine for awhile and then the code came up? Has any other maintenance or modifications been done recently?

it has an alpha stage 2 kit i bought the slingshot a few months ago has been working perfect, and all i have been doing is driving it when its nice out.

• it has an alpha stage 2 kit i bought the slingshot a few months ago has been working perfect, and all i have been doing is driving it when its nice out.

The Alpha kits relocated the throttle body from its original location to the front of a cast elbow. While the kit was installed, typically the wires leading to the throttle body had to be cut and lengthened, sometimes people would also cut back the wiring loom and stretch the wires to reach also.

The throttle body on the engine has 2 check circuits that make sure that the electronic throttle is moving the commanded amount. If those 2 check circuits do not correlate, the ECM locks down the throttle body essentially and prevents it from opening to prevent a Toyota style unintended acceleration event. The code you are getting means that your ECM is seeing different signals from those check circuits.

I would recommend checking the wiring going to your throttle body, see if the wires were cut and extended or if they have been stretched to connect to the throttle body. If they have been stretched, check the wires coming out of the connector, as that can put stress at that point and possibly cause a break or a wire pulled. If the wires were cut and extended for your installation, check the connections for corrosion, and if you are able to do so, solder the connections.

Let us know what you find,

Dave

• ......so im wondering did that solve his issue....???

• i just got it fixed today i checked the wiring seemed ok, i ordered a used throttle body and put it on its now running and idling good no check engine light, thank you all for the help