What do you carry

• Reread my post. No orders given. No alternative exit. I was willing to pull the trigger if necessary. I was definitely in survival mode - “in fear for my life” as the expression goes. I know the drill. I also practice defensive shooting & can hit my target. My actions were warranted & justified. No regrets.

I believe I read it correctly. You didn't say a word. Your actions were exactly what I imagine myself doing in that situation. Words can confuse your intentions and distract you. No words makes a very strong statement as a pointed pistol makes your position extremely clear. A+ Tripod !

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As the young men in my life come of age and make their decision about whether or not they want to carry, I have always offered two pieces of advice unrelated to trigger control or target acquisition. The 1st is, NEVER pull out a firearm, point it at someone and bark orders, expecting them to be followed. If the bad guy does not comply, what is your next move? That should have already been decided and is the reason your weapon is deployed. It's not TV and there is no script to follow. You are now in survival mode. Period. The 2nd is that the more people there are around you, the more dangerous that pistol is when it leaves the holster. If you are with a group of friends, family, or simply in a place with people around, you better be damn sure of what you're doing if you break leather, and it should be done quickly and concisely. The better option is almost always to remove yourself and your loved ones from the situation.

In my CC class the main thing I got out of class was, You are responsible for that bullet. No matter where or how many times you fire.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• A 75 year old Vietnam vet (I didn't know he was a vet at the time) reached out to me as he needed someone to help him with some coyotes. I drove, mostly as he's got the passenger side of his truck setup with a gun mount (stroke, whole right side doesn't work). Met him on facebook, hunted 3+ hours with this guy today and shot a few coyotes That first shot suppressed, he looked over and said I have to get me one of those! I had a blast and met one of his rancher neighbors who spent 30+ mins asking me about 3gun as he's seen it on outdoor channel. Me and the 14 year old have a plan now on where to shoot some prairie dogs next summer! It's funny how much common ground there usually is between firearm owners and outdoor things!

• A 75 year old Vietnam vet (I didn't know he was a vet at the time) reached out to me as he needed someone to help him with some coyotes. I drove, mostly as he's got the passenger side of his truck setup with a gun mount (stroke, whole right side doesn't work). Met him on facebook, hunted 3+ hours with this guy today and shot a few coyotes That first shot suppressed, he looked over and said I have to get me one of those! I had a blast and met one of his rancher neighbors who spent 30+ mins asking me about 3gun as he's seen it on outdoor channel. Me and the 14 year old have a plan now on where to shoot some prairie dogs next summer! It's funny how much common ground there usually is between firearm owners and outdoor things!

Footage of 3GunSteve vs. coyote... :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Anyone in here have any experience with the Springfield Hellcat? I was looking at the Sig P365 but I do not like how narrow the grip is. It just doesn't feel "right" in my hand. I've been told the Hellcat has a wider grip and size specs are similar to the Sig but I have not been able to find one to hold or fire locally. I also find articles about the safety on the trigger not functioning smoothly all the time. Anyone have experience with that? Seems like it is more of a random occurrence than an actual "issue".

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I own a Hellcat and love it. I have had issues with guns with a narrow grip. The Hellcat feels similar to my XDM, both are from Springfield Arms. I also own a Sig Pro, so I have nothing against Sig. my Helkcat is my CC weapon.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• The trigger safety is an issue if you push the trigger to the side when pulling it. I was trained to pull straight back a long time ago. I have never had it happen when shooting, but I can make it happen if I try real hard. There is a YouTube video which shows you how to correct it.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• I own a Hellcat and love it. I have had issues with guns with a narrow grip. The Hellcat feels similar to my XDM, both are from Springfield Arms. I also own a Sig Pro, so I have nothing against Sig. my Helkcat is my CC weapon.

I like sig also and have a couple. My current EDC is a Shield 45. It's small and I really like it but I am trying to not have so many different calibers in the collection and the Hellcat seems like it could fill the role.

• I have both and switch back and forth as my ccw.

Can't tell which i like better

Probably the Hellcat as it holds more bullets

I have a 365 and I like it overall but I find myself carrying my shield more because the grip feels a lot better in my hand. Good to hear everyone with the Hellcat likes it.

The trigger safety is an issue if you push the trigger to the side when pulling it. I was trained to pull straight back a long time ago. I have never had it happen when shooting, but I can make it happen if I try real hard. There is a YouTube video which shows you how to correct it.

I also see that APEX makes a trigger which allegedly makes it better and also PRP makes a whole kit that brings the trigger pull down to 4-4.5lbs.