What do you carry

• I'm a center of mass, empty magazine until the threat is gone person. Then again, I'm also a .45, preferably open carry, with a 9mm concealed carry kind of person. And a "I have a good trauma/first aid kit in the car so I can try to render aid if needed" kind of person. I like to be prepared, if that is possible.
    As a woman with kids, I am an easy target. I choose to reduce the chances that me and mine will be victims. Guns aren't for everyone, but they are for me!

It will look good after the law gets there and you are trying to stabilize the perp. :thumbsup:

• I'm very hard nosed on the subject.....if they mean you harm...they should be put down.....I don't believe they should be given the chance to possibly ruin someone's life again.
    The fact that they could destroy an innocent child or person's life and not be accountable is unacceptable to me. There's only one sure way to be sure they don't do it again......just my point of view, but that's how I see it.......

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'm very hard nosed on the subject.....if they mean you harm...they should be put down.....I don't believe they should be given the chance to possibly ruin someone's life again.
    The fact that they could destroy an innocent child or person's life and not be accountable is unacceptable to me. There's only one sure way to be sure they don't do it again......just my point of view, but that's how I see it.......

MY POINT EXACTLY If you are going to pull the trigger on the bad guy. MAKE IT COUNT

• Different times my friend... sadly, justice was denied (even got bitter-dose of victim blaming from the police officer because I shouldn't have been wearing a dress to entice the men). Oh, don't get me started!
    It's definitely taken a while, but I've learned I can't look back if I ever hope to move forward (so I don't). But let me assure you... if there is to be a "next time" ~> my aim is true, my draw is fast, and my resolve is absolute!

@ericastar76.....Thank you for sharing such a tragedy. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, my words can't make it go away. You are an awesome and brave person for having been a victim, and yet you have fought back and not let it rule your life. I truly wish it never happened, and Kuddos to you for making sure it doesn't happen again.....to you, or your loved ones!!!!!
    I have always kept some form of protection BECAUSE I have children and a wife. My way of thinking is that if I wait till the kids are grown up and moved out to have protection......perhaps something happens and I no longer have children to grow up, and a wife to protect?????????
    Huh UH..ain't happening.....my kids learned right away about gun safety and how to protect themselves in many situations. I sure wish more people would follow your example and choose to NOT be a victim if at all possible!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Don't believe what you see on TV - LEO is trained to shoot to kill - if good nuff for them good nuff for me

Around here the sheriff department does not get enough hand gun training. Required to shoot 50 rounds a year to quilify, I have been on the range when this was done. Believe me with very few exceptions you are safe from being hit with a bullet.

• While I generally agree with the sentiment of wanting to kill someone who is doing me harm, in a practical environment my goal is to incapacitate, and I will tell you why. If I have my children with me, my goal, pure and simple is to get them out of harm's way. What that means to me is to incapacitate the threat (preferably dead, but otherwise incapacitated) and evacuate them from the scene into safety. If that means that all I can do is lay down cover fire while I retreat, then so be it as long as my family lives to see another day. You are also more likely to hit what you are aiming for if you aim for center of mass during a high stress engagement. There are studies that prove that, particularly in close combat situations. You would be amazed at how many rounds you can go through and not hit someone 10 or 15 feet away when your adrenaline is running.

Now, I try to look at it from a practical perspective, but life isn't practical. Chances are, should I be involved in a situation, I will stand my ground and engage until the threat is down because that is what I am most trained to do. And that is why I do IDPA- to get into the habit of moving and shooting simultaneously, or finding cover and shooting, etc. With that training, I am more comfortable with my carry piece and movement while engaging, but I still have a ways to go.

Now, if it is just me, or if I find you again in a dark alley after you have threatened me or mine, you are dead. And I have enough friends that I can make your body disappear if needed.

• @ericastar76.....Thank you for sharing such a tragedy. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately, my words can't make it go away. You are an awesome and brave person for having been a victim, and yet you have fought back and not let it rule your life. I truly wish it never happened, and Kuddos to you for making sure it doesn't happen again.....to you, or your loved ones!!!!!I have always kept some form of protection BECAUSE I have children and a wife. My way of thinking is that if I wait till the kids are grown up and moved out to have protection......perhaps something happens and I no longer have children to grow up, and a wife to protect?????????
    Huh UH..ain't happening.....my kids learned right away about gun safety and how to protect themselves in many situations. I sure wish more people would follow your example and choose to NOT be a victim if at all possible!!!!

Thank you @roadog1aj <3

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• While I generally agree with the sentiment of wanting to kill someone who is doing me harm, in a practical environment my goal is to incapacitate, and I will tell you why. If I have my children with me, my goal, pure and simple is to get them out of harm's way. What that means to me is to incapacitate the threat (preferably dead, but otherwise incapacitated) and evacuate them from the scene into safety. If that means that all I can do is lay down cover fire while I retreat, then so be it as long as my family lives to see another day. You are also more likely to hit what you are aiming for if you aim for center of mass during a high stress engagement. There are studies that prove that, particularly in close combat situations. You would be amazed at how many rounds you can go through and not hit someone 10 or 15 feet away when your adrenaline is running.

Now, I try to look at it from a practical perspective, but life isn't practical. Chances are, should I be involved in a situation, I will stand my ground and engage until the threat is down because that is what I am most trained to do. And that is why I do IDPA- to get into the habit of moving and shooting simultaneously, or finding cover and shooting, etc. With that training, I am more comfortable with my carry piece and movement while engaging, but I still have a ways to go.

Now, if it is just me, or if I find you again in a dark alley after you have threatened me or mine, you are dead. And I have enough friends that I can make your body disappear if needed.

Plus stellar legal representation should it be necessary :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I carry NRA's Lockton Insurance. Even in a clean (justifiable) shooting, you're likely to get sued by the dirtbag's family. $264/year & provides $250,000 in legal coverage. Just a thought...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I carry NRA's Lockton Insurance. Even in a clean (justifiable) shooting, you're likely to get sued by the dirtbag's family. $264/year & provides $250,000 in legal coverage. Just a thought...

I carry a clean toss-away gun in case I have to plant it.... not really, but I should.

• I carry a clean toss-away gun in case I have to plant it.... not really, but I should.

Got this little tid-bit of info from the movie "Snatch" I believe... Seems legit?! :whistling:

A hogpin full of hungry hogs will totally devour a body or bodies in less than 24hrs. Hogs are the only species on the North American continent that have molers that will crush bone into a fine powder, very effcient. No smell, no residue, no blood, no worries!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Got this little tid-bit of info from the movie "Snatch" I believe... Seems legit?! :whistling:
    A hogpin full of hungry hogs will totally devour a body or bodies in less than 24hrs. Hogs are the only species on the North American continent that have molers that will crush bone into a fine powder, very effcient. No smell, no residue, no blood, no worries!

Around here they use alligators for the same thing.

• @sideseatdriver ... I'm taking notes!

As well you should. You need to find a club near you that offers IDPA competitions. Google the IDPA website, they have a search feature. That goes for anyone who carries for self protection - I consider it an invaluable tool. @sideseatdriver can attest to the rise in her comfort and confidence levels from shooting it.

I will also be sending you a book soon. Read it well and let's discuss.

• I was 19 when three men chased; then attacked me in lower Manhattan. I was beaten unconscious while they tore off my dress, fractured my ribs, and cracked my skull by my right eye (will leave out the rest as you get the idea).

Every time I hear that story it leaves me cold...someone needed to repay them with some of their own medicine.