Seatbelt Light

• My dash light for the seatbelt stays on after I put my seatbelt on. Any ideas on what to look for? Keep in mind that I am seriously mechanical challenged!

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• I have the lights on ??? i just recently removed the seats and put it back ... and boom the light got on ... so which are the two wires that i need to join/connect to get the warning light removed / gone

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• <blockquote class="quoteBox container containerPadding quoteBoxSimple" cite="http://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1070-seatbelt-light/&postID=29381#post29381" data-author="<>"><> wrote:I have the lights on ??? i just recently removed the seats and put it back ... and boom the light got on ... so which are the two wires that i need to join/connect to get the warning light removed / gone
    [/quote]Follow the wire from the latch assy. for the seat belt to the plug behind and under the drivers seat. Unplug the connector and then strip the insulation off of a short piece of wire ( maybe 2 inch long ) and push the ends of the stripped wire into the plug/connector that goes towards the dash. Be sure that this is the wire from the seat belt latch. I put a ty-rap around mine to keep the wire from unplugging and grounding out. If you have done this correctly the seat belt light will not be on when the ignition switch is turned on.

• <blockquote class="quoteBox container containerPadding quoteBoxSimple" cite="http://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/1070-seatbelt-light/&postID=29381#post29381" data-author="<>"><> wrote:I have the lights on ??? i just recently removed the seats and put it back ... and boom the light got on ... so which are the two wires that i need to join/connect to get the warning light removed / gone

Follow the wire from the latch assy. for the seat belt to the plug behind and under the drivers seat. Unplug the connector and then strip the insulation off of a short piece of wire ( maybe 2 inch long ) and push the ends of the stripped wire into the plug/connector that goes towards the dash. Be sure that this is the wire from the seat belt latch. I put a ty-rap around mine to keep the wire from unplugging and grounding out. If you have done this correctly the seat belt light will not be on when the ignition switch is turned on.[/quote]Dude please attach pictures as that will help me ...

You cant see me !! or can you ??

• My dash light for the seatbelt stays on after I put my seatbelt on. Any ideas on what to look for? Keep in mind that I am seriously mechanical challenged!

i ask the dealer to look at this when I had mine in for rear end noise. I had a wire that had somehow pulled out of the harness. The wiring harness is on back order. No prospective date available.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.