The honeymoon must truely be over.......................................

• I must be one of the dump people but I am going to ask how you wash a vehicle with out a hose. I have spray on cleaner and polish but you have to get the dirt off or you are going to scratch the paint.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I must be one of the dump people but I am going to ask how you wash a vehicle with out a hose. I have spray on cleaner and polish but you have to get the dirt off or you are going to scratch the paint.

Actually accept for filling the bucket with water its pretty easy to avoid the hose - - just get yourself some ONR (Optimum No Rinse) Wash add a bit to the water and use a good clean sponge - no hose needed for the actual cleaning because no need to rinse anything off

Actually ONR is a great product depending on how you mix it it can also be used as a spray detailer for light clean up and also used as a great clay bar lubricant

I learned about this on dedicated professional detailing forum and it is a very highly regarded product

and its very concentrated so a 32 ounce bottle will last a long time

ONR Link

Amazon link

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thanks guys I put it on my list at Amazon. I was just brought up in the late 50s and washed cars at the neighbors service station. Service station as in check your oil and fluids and wash your windows. Wash wax, change oil along with a grease job. Even some minor repairs. Those days are gone.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Thanks guys I put it on my list at Amazon. I was just brought up in the late 50s and washed cars at the neighbors service station. Service station as in check your oil and fluids and wash your windows. Wash wax, change oil along with a grease job. Even some minor repairs. Those days are gone.

hehe I can relate, even in the early 70's my family got most of our car service needs taken care of at the local 76 station, lube and oil, tires, battery and just about everything else that didn't require something only the dealer could do. Back then we didn't even call it "The Gas Station" we called it a "service station" and to be honest I do miss it, it was nice to have a qualified mechanic that you knew personally right around the corner

• I should clarify....................

It's never seen water at all!

I wax the SS once or twice a year

After each ride, I wipe it down with a California Duster.

If there are any spots from a puddle or light rain, I use a Quick Detailer spray and a microfiber.

If I hit hard rain on a grimy highway, I'd wash it I'm sure.

That's never happened!

Seven years and it looks the same as it did when new!!

Get a California Duster, you'll love it!!

(I have 3.....1 for the paint, 1 for the tub, and 1 for the wheels)

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

I really miss those days. I'm going on 59 and was lucky enough to hit the tail end. The attendant would great you say "hello" you knew their name. They would wash the window and ask if you wanted your oil checked. I had all my regular service done their. Amazing the nice little things that are gone.

• I stopped using my California duster after I retired - - yes if the duster is perfectly clean and used properly they can be safe to use, but on darker colors like my red they can leave micro scratching in the clear coat that does show on close inspection - - These very fine scratches will remove easily with polish, but now that I am retired I would rather use the ONR and yes water and clean my slingshot without having to worry about if the duster is dragging dirt across my paint.

Seriously what's the point in avoiding water? Sure I get not wanting to drag out the hose, but why the complete aversion to water?

oh and as a side note how do you wash your wheels and the nasty brake dust without water - - yea I know it can be done, but much easier with a good cleaner and and a rinse

• Funny how you get fine scratches with the duster.

Before I used the duster, I was just going to a Quick Detailer and a micro fiber.

I got scratches with that.

Then went to the duster before the detailer, and no scratches.

I always use new microfiber towels as well.

I don't want to take a chance with washed ones not getting the dirt out.

Once I went to the duster, the scratch problem was over. Yes I do use water and soap on the rims at times, especially with pollen season.

I was at a car show in MA, and saw a guy with a Cobra going at his car with a black duster.

I asked him what kind it was, since the California ones are red. He said it is a California one, and it was almost 10 years old.

It says on the package it gets better as it gets older.

This guy asked me if I had one. He said never wash it. It's getting darker now, but scratching is not there.

Or not detectable anyway.

I'm gonna stay with it, its working for me.

(Our water here sucks. Leaves spots if you don't get it off right away. I would have to use a Chamois if I washed it, or blow it dry. The Chamois is a scratch machine if dirty)

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• ConMan are we going to ride a little during SSITS 2022?

• ConMan are we going to ride a little during SSITS 2022?

Yes my brother!!

As long as it doesn't rain!!

(So I said to Terry "If the price of diesel hits $8 a gallon, do you think we should still go to Maggie?? She turned to me disgusted and said "Just shut the f#@k up Jimmy!!)

:00008356:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• I used the McGuires waterless wash and wax on the Slingshot. Worked great. I went a little crazy and bought the McGuires interior cleaner and waterless wheel and tire cleaner. The interior cleaner worked well, haven't got a chance to try the wheel and tire cleaner yet.

• Guess I'm the odd guy out....I have no problem pulling into the car wash. Mainly hit the non painted surfaces like the brakes and such, and a quick "no spot" rinse of the paint if needed.

I must add that I am fortunate to have a whole house water filter and softener system so spotting is not a huge problem - - water here in the valley from our underground aquifer is very very hard and without this system spots would be a huge problem - - with the system and the ONR combined it is truly possible to go Rinseless

• Guess I'm the odd guy out....I have no problem pulling into the car wash. Mainly hit the non painted surfaces like the brakes and such, and a quick "no spot" rinse of the paint if needed.

The very last manual car wash in my area was torn down two years ago and replaced as automatic. Wish I had manual car wash facility!

• The very last manual car wash in my area was torn down two years ago and replaced as automatic. Wish I had manual car wash facility!

Some time back I picked up a small reconditioned Ryobi electric pressure washer from home depot its very small and easy to get out and put back away and its also only 1600 psi which I think is perfect for cars and the Slingshot - - not so powerful that I have to worry about hurting something yet still strong enough to clean the harder areas - - I really love it because it is so small I actually dont hesitate to use it - - anything much bigger would probably not get used here is a link if anyone is interested:

Reconditioned Ryobi 1600 PSI pressure washer

for me having this is pretty much like having my own car wash right in my driveway and I dont even need to bring quarters

Edit: also this thing has a very very long electrical cord easily reaches way out into the driveway from inside the garage - no extension needed

• Yep, I love it! I got mine when my larger Troy built developed a leak. I actually find the smaller unit quite handy, much easier to use and gets most jobs done. I actually forgot I had it tucked away in the corner. They are great!