Dealers that don't do any wait service?

• Yeah, they're my local dealer. They're not bad guys, but their service area is small, and they don't have but a couple techs. You can make an appointment with them, and they will turn it around in a couple hours (and they have loaner bikes for you during that time), but they just can't handle walkins. Sucks.
    They charge $150 for the service package out of the owner's manual without the oil change, so that must mean they value the oil change at $135. Pretty damn steep. What's a reasonable amount to pay for the whole service list, including oil change?

Look back at my edit. Still about a 30 minute job, if you know what you are doing.

• Look back at my edit. Still about a 30 minute job, if you know what you are doing.

Hahahaha, you're not supposed to edit it *after* I quote it....not fair!

I changed my oil last weekend for about the same cost, but a little more time, because it was my first time doing it on the Sling. I get my oil changes from the dealer free for life, though, so I'll probably just do that inow the future. I was just curious what people have found for reasonable service charges elsewhere.

• Yeah, they're my local dealer. They're not bad guys, but their service area is small, and they don't have but a couple techs. You can make an appointment with them, and they will turn it around in a couple hours (and they have loaner bikes for you during that time), but they just can't handle walkins. Sucks.
    They charge $150 for the service package out of the owner's manual without the oil change, so that must mean they value the oil change at $135. Pretty damn steep. What's a reasonable amount to pay for the whole service list, including oil change.

When I told him what I would need and asked how far in advance I needed to make an appointment, his first questions was, 'You bought it here?' 'No, I bought it in Arizona'. I asked again about lead time for an appointment, and he wouldn't give me an appointment.

• When I told him what I would need and asked how far in advance I needed to make an appointment, his first questions was, 'You bought it here?' 'No, I bought it in Arizona'. I asked again about lead time for an appointment, and he wouldn't give me an appointment.

Dick move. Pretty disappointing. Remember who you talked to? John? Maybe I need to call him and give him a different perspective...although they do so much sales and service volume on Spyders, ATVs, and personal watercraft, plus they're an Indian dealer...they probably just don't care. That sucks.

• @KayTwo, I'm terrible at remembering names. :( When I called a dealer in Oklahoma City last October, they gave me an appointment and said if my travel plans changed, they'd see me a day early or a day later!! At least dealers back here aren't so few and far between. I only picked this one to start because they were closest to an RV park I want to stay at - still 50 miles. My next choice wasn't open today.

• When I told him what I would need and asked how far in advance I needed to make an appointment, his first questions was, 'You bought it here?' 'No, I bought it in Arizona'. I asked again about lead time for an appointment, and he wouldn't give me an appointment.

Oh man are U serious! Dang, not good customer service at all..

• Just called Brewer Cycles in Henderson, NC (sponsor of Blues and Booze). They will make an appointment! I had intended to go there to begin with, but then I got this crazy idea to explore elsewhere before the cross country trip.

• so today called the two closest dealers. the closest one A&A Cycles in Latrobe, PA... does NO serious jobs on Saturday. only oil changes and inspections. quick in and out jobs only.

then called the next XTREME MOTORCYCLE in Brilliant, OH. same story.

they both wanted to do an inspection first to hear the clicking noise, tear apart and see the bad bearings then order them. meaning have to leave the sling there over a week. they would not do diagnosis on a wait basis. not on Sat or any other day.

so drop off, the next day they would diagnose and send into Polaris for warranty request, wait, order parts, install parts = total time (at least a week to 2 weeks) they have sling.

• Call Polaris Corp. File a complaint and have them fix it and pay for service by their people. Have enough complaints on that dealership they'll lose the Polaris line.

good idea.

Day 9 and counting.... thats 9 (NINE) DAYS since dropping off the slingshot. Called this morning, and they HAVE NOT TOUCHED THE SLINGSHOT BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE DOUBLE AXLE NUT TO COME IN... WTH....
    So.... you couldnt check the bearings out, you couldnt adjust the belt tension, perform the ecu flash, AND LET US COME BACK WHEN THE NUT COMES IN FROM BFE??!!!

Trying my dangedest not to flip my lid, as requested by the husband...

NINE DAYS GOING ON TEN. CLOSED ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. BETTER MAKE IT THIRTEEN. IMA GO VISIT THE SLINGSHOT ON THE THIRTENTH DAY... AND FLIP MY EVERLOVIN LID.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• I feel your pain Angela ... so i have found that I basically have the lesser of the 3 dealerships that ALL suck... they are going to get me done in 1 week. drop off this Sat and pick up next Sat. the tech wont work on it until weekdays (they dont have a slingshot tech on Saturdays is the issue).

I have a great Can AM Spyder dealership that is about same 1.5 hours away. they even toss me a key to demo spyder to go ride around while they work on my Spyder.

Vehicle costs the same Spyder about the same costs as Slingshot. so why can the Polaris dealers be the same customer service?

• Very disapointing, I am pretty sure this is my purchasing dealer.

By the way @Guardian_Angel congrats on an incredible post on the dark side.Very proud of your posting and @Bill Martin will just flip when he sees it. @airoutlaw has a good one.

:thumbsup:

• Yes, this is in Athens... they have been... good ...about making up for mistakes or failures in the past... such as when we preordered first week in May of 15, paid 2000 down, and was given a 3 week ETA on pick up as manager had 2 ordered and one was ours. 3 weeks later, and longer we had not heard one single thing from them. My husband... who has worked as a manager and doesnt want to be one of those pesky, demanding customers.... refused to call until july of 15.... only for the manager to not know who he was, didnt remember taking a down payment, and our sling was sold to someone else. He ordered another one, at the same that Polaris stopped manufacturing 2015 models, and we finally got a call for pickup in august of 15. They corrected the wrong by keeping the price the same as previously written, but sold us a 2016 instead. That was nice... but it was lack of organization, and poor management that caused us to miss out on ssits last year, and the entire summer months.

So far, we have had to take it in for repairs, and we have waited every time but this time, only to pull out on the road and turn right around because the problem was still there... the steering deadspot one visit, and the epas light the next... they fixed the both the second time around. athens is 50 miles from here.. one way. The salesmen are always super friendly, and conversate with us each and every time we are there. The manager is on top of everything, micromanaging the business... which is not good for boosting employee initiative, but thats beside the point. So now, the axle nut on the ups truck in bfe is preventing them from doing the repairs or AT LEAST, checking to see if the bearing indeed needs to be ordered also... so steve walked in there, requested a new nut be installed, and that was the only thing you ordered?? You didnt see if possibly there was something else that needed ordered?? Or now when the axle nut comes in, do we also have to wait two weeks for you to recieve a bearing from bfe?? Aw hell naw. 5150, somebody call the po po... Im DONE with this overnight bull. We are unaware of another dealership thats not more than 50 miles away... it would sure suck, to have to drive to south alabama, or south Tennessee to have work done, but its not entirely out of the question.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• it really annoys me hearing about the poor service provided by the various dealerships. An example of how Gregory in Little Rock provides service.
    Yesterday I stopped by the dealership to show them the DDM Supercharger installation (I really like saying that). After taking the lead mechanic for a ride I mentioned the front ball joints had a little play in them. He brought out his camera and took some pictures (making sure not to show any modifications) and filed the claim. He said he would have an answer by this morning.
    I believe certain dealerships reputation with Polaris drives the response they receive. I have had 4 other warrantee claims handled the same way to include the double axle nut replacement.
    Maybe we should create a go/no-go post for service for dealerships. If potential buyers could review the list prior to purchase and make their purchase from a good dealer, the lost sales and service might cause an improvement at the bad ones.