Semi Truck Engine Failure

• So an update of how I’m unemployed currently and going out of my mind. After initial inspect we had an cylinder 4 failure. Upon further inspection of disassemble we found something very interesting. So the question is how where when and what caused this. In warranty world I have to sit back and wait to see if covered by anyone or the cost will be my responsibility. So this is an o-ring that plugged cylinder #4 oil cooler line ?????????

Well, that's not good.

If not from a failed filter how the angry-squared did something that large make it through to the squirter feed line unless it was there from the initial build ?

Curious, what are you running and was any more trash found anywhere else ?

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So an update of how I’m unemployed currently and going out of my mind. After initial inspect we had an cylinder 4 failure. Upon further inspection of disassemble we found something very interesting. So the question is how where when and what caused this. In warranty world I have to sit back and wait to see if covered by anyone or the cost will be my responsibility. So this is an o-ring that plugged cylinder #4 oil cooler line ?????????

What is in that oil squirter, looks like black plastic or something???

• So the engine rebuild was a success after 3200miles just a few kinks missed here or there but this things running great. Maybe a small manifold cover leak but I’ll tighten the bolts a little and see if it goes away other then that back to the open road and loving it

• So I turn my truck in for some more repair work and it has been 2 months since this happened and now they say it wasn’t covered that I OWE 15,000……..Umm no sorry you said it was paid and I have invoice saying they covered it and never authorized a single thing. Crappy way to do business IMO

• So I turn my truck in for some more repair work and it has been 2 months since this happened and now they say it wasn’t covered that I OWE 15,000……..Umm no sorry you said it was paid and I have invoice saying they covered it and never authorized a single thing. Crappy way to do business IMO

WOW! -- - - - that sucks!

Well if you have an invoice saying you don't owe anything I would suspect they are SOL although you might have to find some other place for any future work

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I hope you all are correct I have a meeting with the President of the shop and I hope all goes fine. I’ve never wanted to be done trucking for this world……the diesel price shop hourly prices the disrespect at shippers receivers. The life of being a trucker in business is always a roller coaster and for once I’m ready to call it quits and just go back to being a factory worker.

• I hope you all are correct I have a meeting with the President of the shop and I hope all goes fine. I’ve never wanted to be done trucking for this world……the diesel price shop hourly prices the disrespect at shippers receivers. The life of being a trucker in business is always a roller coaster and for once I’m ready to call it quits and just go back to being a factory worker.

Some difficult choices. I hope all goes well with your meeting. It may make those choices much clearer. I remember as a young kid about 12 years old after the "convoy" song came out. Standing on a corner along the local highway in town. We did the horn pull thing to truckers. We got a blast along with the horn!

• So go in for the meeting with the BIG DOGS do all your breathing exercises so nice and calm………couldn’t believe it I never had to get offensive, because of how the situation was handled and how I handled the issue…..out of a 15,000 bill I paid parts so I came out still having a business relationship with them and them having a customer. I feel like so much stress has been released off my shoulders and can move on. Sorry for the rant.

• So go in for the meeting with the BIG DOGS do all your breathing exercises so nice and calm………couldn’t believe it I never had to get offensive, because of how the situation was handled and how I handled the issue…..out of a 15,000 bill I paid parts so I came out still having a business relationship with them and them having a customer. I feel like so much stress has been released off my shoulders and can move on. Sorry for the rant.

Better to RANT here a little and end up with a good out come getting your truck up and running again. Just take good care of the Slingshot and all is well.

• So an update of after this rebuild……..I made it a year and found out the cam housing gasket and sensor had a leak. Got all parts in and had the top end redone. Thought all was great. Made it 9,000 miles sent some pics and had to get a shop in Portland to have it all redone again. Nothing like being cooped up in a hotel for a week just waiting to hear Humpty Dumpty is put back together again. I’ve had to cancel my vacation to CO and let’s hope I won’t have to cancel Maggie Valley. But business first play last.