Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• ^^^

Wow, now I know. I did get a room at the comfort Inn. It looks great and I'm sure I'll like it but one thing I don't like in a Hotel corporation. Even though I purchased six months out I don't have any right to cancel. Won't ever consider that chain again.

I did a motorcycle trip last month luckily the weather was good and all went well that hotel was glad to work with the customer if weather was not agreeing with the trip. Cancel or move the date. Can't say the same for Comfort Inn.

• ^^^

Wow, now I know. I did get a room at the comfort Inn. It looks great and I'm sure I'll like it but one thing I don't like in a Hotel corporation. Even though I purchased six months out I don't have any right to cancel. Won't ever consider that chain again.

I did a motorcycle trip last month luckily the weather was good and all went well that hotel was glad to work with the customer if weather was not agreeing with the trip. Cancel or move the date. Can't say the same for Comfort Inn.

Never had that problem with the Comfort Inn

• Never had that problem with the Comfort Inn

This is what I got when I received my confirmation. I'm ok with it just won't consider for future use,

Hotel Cancellation Policy
    This rate is non-refundable. The USD 19.99 fee from Reservations.com included in the total is non-refundable. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount.

• ^^^

The Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley is a nice unit. Georgia and I stayed there last Feb for a couple of nights. Little cheaper if you 'prepay' but not worth the savings.

• This is what I got when I received my confirmation. I'm ok with it just won't consider for future use,

Hotel Cancellation Policy
    This rate is non-refundable. The USD 19.99 fee from Reservations.com included in the total is non-refundable. The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees. Any partial hotel stays is subject to be charged for the full reservations amount.

You're blaming your problem on Comfort Inn and you made you reservation on another site? You're going after the wrong donkey. By the way, Comfort Inn always has a special rate for SSITS.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Don’t know if they have any vacancies but the Jonathan Creek Inn is one of my favorite places to stay - highly recommend - don’t stay there anymore - I can almost throw a softball that far from my house now :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You're blaming your problem on Comfort Inn and you made you reservation on another site? You're going after the wrong donkey. By the way, Comfort Inn always has a special rate for SSITS.

Not sure how it works but I would think if a company contracts outside they should review and approve every part of the process including the cancelation policy? You bet if I operated that hotel I would. As a customer it doesn't matter one bit how I got to that point.

I have been riding (road) motorcycles and slings for a total of 42 years. Have gone on many trips through the years. Maybe good luck but I've never run into a situation in which if the weather was bad a hotel was not happy to allow a refund up to a day or two before. That has always been an important factor and it will in the future.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the hotel as I'm not very picky on that part. I've always considered the hotel a place to sleep and take a shower, not much more. Looking forward to the stay!

• Not sure how it works but I would think if a company contracts outside they should review and approve every part of the process including the cancelation policy? You bet if I operated that hotel I would. As a customer it doesn't matter one bit how I got to that point.

I have been riding (road) motorcycles and slings for a total of 42 years. Have gone on many trips through the years. Maybe good luck but I've never run into a situation in which if the weather was bad a hotel was not happy to allow a refund up to a day or two before. That has always been an important factor and it will in the future.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the hotel as I'm not very picky on that part. I've always considered the hotel a place to sleep and take a shower, not much more. Looking forward to the stay!

If I buy Levi's at Wal-Mart and am not happy with them Kohls will not give me back my money. If you paid $99 on resevations.com, Comfort Inn did not receive all of that money. They paid a commission, so for them to be responsible for a $99 refund when they only received $69 (as an example), puts them in a losing position. Here's the lesson to learn, always book hotel rooms through the corporate sites and not a wholesale secondary site and if the fine print says non-refundable, go another route.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• If I buy Levi's at Wal-Mart and am not happy with them Kohls will not give me back my money. If you paid $99 on resevations.com, Comfort Inn did not receive all of that money. They paid a commission, so for them to be responsible for a $99 refund when they only received $69 (as an example), puts them in a losing position. Here's the lesson to learn, always book hotel rooms through the corporate sites and not a wholesale secondary site and if the fine print says non-refundable, go another route.

Agreed.

• I always try my best to talk to the 'front' deck and not a call center --- even corporate center.

Yep, previously I have always gone direct. Not a big deal, I looked at the long range forecast and it's going to be sunny upper 70s that week! Good to go!

• Why didn’t ya just look for a private cabin like I did. I like secluded lol

That's what a group of us did last year - rented an AirBnB. Ended up being cheaper per person than the hotels. While the driveway was enough for the slingshots, definitely no way to get a truck and trailer in there. We ended up parking the trailer on the lot next to the fairgrounds for the week and just driving the SS's back-n-forth.

• Why didn’t ya just look for a private cabin like I did. I like secluded lol

That would have worked out great. Especially if they allow dogs? That way the wife and dog could have joined in. A vacation for all. Perfect set-up. That's the biggest disappointment I had with the no cancel policy. Would gladly accept accept a processing fee to cover the work performed plus a profit for a cancel as work was performed but I can't take a full loss of $746. I learned a lesson.

Next year, for now i'll roll with it.

• I went up and checked out Excalibur ‘s rental for him. He is pulling a 20’ trailer. Since he drives a big rig for a living he prolly has a pretty good shot at getting to his cabin. If I tried to pull my 18’ trailer up to where it is I might not ever be able to come back down - using the road anyway :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Booked a room at the Comfort Inn during the event for Saturday night only a couple years ago.

Went there to pick up my trailer Slingthing showed for the week in the Fairground.

Got there around 1:00 on Saturday.

Went for a short ride in Phil's Turbo as EJ tagged along. Got back, walked around the vendors, then said to Capt. Van "OK if I hook up and leave?" Said no problem.

Walked to the front desk and checked out 90 minutes after arriving!!

Women felt terrible she had to charge me, but it was on me of course.

I get bored quickly at these things.

But, met a few nice folks, so the trip was good!!

(Thinking about attending for the week next year......Hope I can handle it!!)

:00008862:

:00007956:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555: