Slingshots in the Smokies 2022

• It was great to see everyone again. Missed a lot of other faces unfortunately. I should have extended the time, I typically take 1.5 - 2 weeks work of vacation and this trip was too short. Hope the end of this year to the beginning of next year works out for me as I am expecting and I will have more time to enjoy things! Look forward to an even better year in Maggie next year! Hope everyone had a good time and drive safe!

And next year you need to let a lovely young LADY do some of the driving.

• I didn't take any pics at the festival grounds this year but I can confirm it was there and had 4 wheels. Appears to be a little wider in the rear but it might have been me. I'm sure he'll chime in when time permits

• [quote='BKL','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10454-slingshots-in-the-smokies-2022/&postID=371332#post371332']

Just wondering if anyone got to see the new ZZP 4-wheel kit? Any pics? I think Kyle D was supposed to attend.

[/quote]

Here are some pics. I’ll be finalizing the parts list this week along with pricing. Below is a post I made on my Instagram and Facebook from Maggie earlier in the week. If you’ve got any questions regarding specifics please feel free to reach out to me at Kyle@zzperformance.com or call the shop at 616-532-5152 and let the person that answers the phone you’d like to talk to me about our quad kit and they’ll come find me.

Pleased to announce, and on display at Maggie Valley right now:

TrakHamr is proud to announce their latest Gen2 version of the popular four-wheel conversion kit for the Polaris Slingshot will be available through ZZPerformance. This exclusive retail agreement was the result of the collaborative effort in the design of the Gen 2 Trak Atak™ conversion kit now being offered by ZZPerformance. Still built and designed to the industry leading standards of the original, the Trak Atak™ package offers a new level of performance for those seeking to improve the traction and handling of the Polaris Slingshot. Professionally Engineered, CAD Designed, 100% TIG Welded, Rotary Draw Bent, and Stress Tested this kit is ready for maximum horsepower and everything the track or the spirited street ride can throw at it. Using the latest in GM driveline components and offered with a variety of suspension, gearing or braking options to choose from you can build just the level of kit you need for your exact application. Call ZZPerformance today and order yours!

TrakHamr Designer, Troy Hill- “ Working with Kyle and all the folks at ZZP in the design of this kit has been great, Kyle and the ZZP team have built his personal slingshot to be the sling to beat in top speed events and I knew we had to build something for him that could withstand the abuse he was going to put it through and deliver the performance he needed to keep his spot at the top. We are very happy with the Trak Atak™ and even more so with ZZPerformanceoffering the product as their own. These guys are known for Slingshot performance, and we are happy to be a part of that.”

Kyle Dewey, ZZPerformance- “When ZZPerformance decided to jump into the quad kit game the one thing we knew was we didn’t just want our branding on someone else’s idea. We wanted to work with a likeminded individual that was open to the ideas we had and has the highest quality standards. Troy Hill, the designer of the well-known TrakHamr kit, is that likeminded performance orientated individual. Troy’s TrakHamr design checked a lot of the boxes of what we were looking for that set it apart from other kits. Stronger, higher quality raw materials being used, better designed components, proper suspension articulation, and not sacrificing stability by shortening the wheelbase. I reached out to Troy and the conversation quickly went from a casual conversation about possibly getting a blank frame for a canvas of our own, to designing it side by side and giving birth to a new 2nd Gen kit dubbed Trak Atak™. Everyone at ZZPerformance is extremely excited to be working with Troy, creating the best quad kit on the market. With all the available options, if you’re looking to cruise the open road or push your Slingshot to the limits, we have a Trak Atak™ package to suit every individual’s needs. “

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• Just wondering if anyone got to see the new ZZP 4-wheel kit? Any pics? I think Kyle D was supposed to attend.

Sorry, but I took no pictures. In fact, I didn't get to see at all. I was inside the fairgrounds after noon Saturday, and ZZP had already packed up and left. A few others vendors had as well. I would have been there earlier during the week, but I refused to pay the $25 per day fee just to walk inside to see what the vendors had to offer.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I am hoping after what I saw from this event that things are going to change. The nickle and diming needs to stop. Scott clearly things buying up everything is going to make a better event. He cheapened the products he bought and is clearly just cheap and greedy. We need to bring things back to when it was close knit and felt like family.

No one camped out and hung out and socialized like they did in the past. The vendors used to be so busy they would be working till 1-2am! I saw vendors close up around 9-9:30 at night. I saw vendors pack up and leave the event early. I noticed the field was shrunk up with less vendors, less food trucks, no drink vendors. Prices went up and charging people to walk in?! WTF are you serious? I feel bad for many of these new Slingshot owners because they have no idea what they never experienced. I feel a change in the winds ;)

• I am hoping after what I saw from this event that things are going to change. The nickle and diming needs to stop. Scott clearly things buying up everything is going to make a better event. He cheapened the products he bought and is clearly just cheap and greedy. We need to bring things back to when it was close knit and felt like family.

No one camped out and hung out and socialized like they did in the past. The vendors used to be so busy they would be working till 1-2am! I saw vendors close up around 9-9:30 at night. I saw vendors pack up and leave the event early. I noticed the field was shrunk up with less vendors, less food trucks, no drink vendors. Prices went up and charging people to walk in?! WTF are you serious? I feel bad for many of these new Slingshot owners because they have no idea what they never experienced. I feel a change in the winds ;)

BD, I fully agree. Sad to say buy those days are heading down that dark path of penny candy, non-pay tv, honest politicians and under $2.509 per gallon gas. But that doesn't mean they can't be brought back to main stream America. I found a country store that still sells penny candy for under ten cents each, you can stream almost all the television shows you'd want to see for a fraction of the prices that these rip-off cable companies charge and if you vote to make America great again, you will get a second chance to clean the swamp AND gas back to where it was before this brain dead guy in the Whitehouse moved in. So maybe, just maybe, there's someone out there that's willing to step in and start a new Slingshot (that includes Vanderhalls) that has reduced rates for vendors (aka MORE vendors willing to show up to display their products and do the installations, as well as a reduced rate to show up and enjoy the event (paying $99 for a Slingshot and driver, plus an extra $40 for a passenger just to receive a free $10 t-shirt is cra-cra) with the remaining "profits" being given to CHARITY and not lining someone's pockets makes a hell of a lot more sense than what is being done now. If that happens, I'll make sure to book my room before sundown the day it gets announced,

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Sorry, but I took no pictures. In fact, I didn't get to see at all. I was inside the fairgrounds after noon Saturday, and ZZP had already packed up and left. A few others vendors had as well. I would have been there earlier during the week, but I refused to pay the $25 per day fee just to walk inside to see what the vendors had to offer.

We worked in our booth to 8-930pm each night. There wasn't enough traffic or people hanging around to justify staying later and most of the restaurants there now close by 8pm. We were busy all week but there was significantly less in attendance this year than any other year. Trevor and I packed up and were on the road back to MI at 1230pm on Saturday for a couple reasons. We ate at a restaurant Friday night and both woke up sick and puking. We had sold all of our inventory that we brought and I had already used the 20 PCMs I brought for tuning customers so with that, we decided to pack it in and start the 12hr drive home pulling off randomly for puke breaks.

Help could be on the way - my SS in the Smokies 2.0 plan will be much better if I can negotiate the right week !!

I really like this plan. One thing I had thought about regarding the lower attendance this year was, I wonder if the growth of The Sling Experience in TX that happened in April played a part in less people coming to NC? And if you moved the date closer to that event, would the same thing happen? That being said, maybe it was higher gas prices, left over covid bs, or people coming to the same event that gets more expensive for them each year deciding it's no longer a financial option or just not willing to pay those prices. Who knows. Just some random thoughts I had after we had talked at your place.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• The wife and I attended the show and had a great time. During a ride, I blew out a front tire, it was my fault. Got it towed to the motel then to a dealer to have the tire replaced. The dealer, a Slingshot dealer, said he couldn't get a Kenda tire to replace mine, but did get me a FALKEN that was the same size. Mounted, balanced, and installed 377.00. Not including the tow, just the tire. Finished the week and drove 900 miles home.

A local tire dealer got me the same FALKEN tire to match my new one. 209.00 mounted and out the door.

I was from out of town and this was the only transportation we had. I didn't shop around, I wanted to get back on the road. Food for thought.

• ConnMan sorry we weren’t able to meet. I looked for a red Slingshot with pirate 🏴‍☠️ everywhere, but just couldn’t find you

WTF Bobby!!!

Seriously, the Pirate flags???

How bout TEXTING me!! You have my digits.

Like "Hey Jimmy, I'm in town"

or better

"Hey Jimmy, if you get to the Tavern in 30 minutes, I'll buy you all the Latte's you can crush in the next 2 hours!!!"

(That last one works best!!)

:00000441:

:00000436:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• The wife and I attended the show and had a great time. During a ride, I blew out a front tire, it was my fault. Got it towed to the motel then to a dealer to have the tire replaced. The dealer, a Slingshot dealer, said he couldn't get a Kenda tire to replace mine, but did get me a FALKEN that was the same size. Mounted, balanced, and installed 377.00. Not including the tow, just the tire. Finished the week and drove 900 miles home.

A local tire dealer got me the same FALKEN tire to match my new one. 209.00 mounted and out the door.

I was from out of town and this was the only transportation we had. I didn't shop around, I wanted to get back on the road. Food for thought.

I wasn't at this year's MV, but went to the Baton Rouge GTG over Memorial Day weekend. Same thing sort of happened for me - dead battery. Paid a LOT more than I should have to have it replaced. Other alternative was to not drive the entire week, so I just look at it as "Was it worth it to drive vs not drive."

• I wasn't at this year's MV, but went to the Baton Rouge GTG over Memorial Day weekend. Same thing sort of happened for me - dead battery. Paid a LOT more than I should have to have it replaced. Other alternative was to not drive the entire week, so I just look at it as "Was it worth it to drive vs not drive."

I have been using batteries from Batteries Plus. About $160.00