Performance Tires

• The search function only give me old news. I'm looking to upgrade my SLR to performance tires, emphasis on traction. I ran toyo r888r on my car and love them, but understand that's not a good idea for the rear? Asymmetrical rears are bad...but not sure I understand why. Rain/weather isn't a concern, I'm in the dessert, but it does need to handle so DRs are out. What's out there? Thanks.

• The search function only give me old news. I'm looking to upgrade my SLR to performance tires, emphasis on traction. I ran toyo r888r on my car and love them, but understand that's not a good idea for the rear? Asymmetrical rears are bad...but not sure I understand why. Rain/weather isn't a concern, I'm in the dessert, but it does need to handle so DRs are out. What's out there? Thanks.

Just DO NOT GET THE NITTO 555

• .................and you have been mislead by being told that an asymmetrical tread tire on the rear is bad, that had been dis-proven years ago! The SlingShot does not have a clue whether the rear tire is symmetrical or not, many folks just go with a symmetrical tread tire on the rear simply because it can appear more "balanced" (admittedly a primary consideration when we installed the BF Goodrich G-FORCE™ COMP-2 A/S tires all the way around initially.)

We now have these YokohamaYK740 GTX tires on the front and like them so well in the cooler, wet winter weather here in Oregon that we will soon be mounting one on the rear also.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/yokohama-yk740-gtx

YK740 GTX

Bill

Don't believe what some say about asymmetrical tires on the rear. I am on my 4th Firestone Indy 500 rear tire and have just gone to the 305 on the rear. I did have to go with 35's because they don't make a 30 but I currently have over 30,000 miles on this brand and they have yet to let me down. Good in the wet too! Keep in mind that they are a ultra high performance summer tire and do not like the cold (neither do I). In Vegas, these tires would word well for you.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!