Convex peel and stick mirrors

• So I would like to use the mirrors but I can't get over the fact they design the drivers side completely flat when the passengers side is convex. Why should I have to modify the product that I purchased to go over that? I paid $78 and to have to modify it bothers me. I am sure it sticks good with the 3M tape but then the mirror on both sides is just off the glass, poor quality if that is how they all come. I assumed mine was defective. I would never put out a product that wasn't designed to fit as close to perfect as I could, sloppy work..

Thank you for everyone's input so far. I am leaning towards returning them at the moment.

I can only imagine if this bothers you , that alot more with this vehicle is going to bother you also, because this vehicle is basically a adjust/readjust/and adjust again type of vehicle.....

• So I would like to use the mirrors but I can't get over the fact they design the drivers side completely flat when the passengers side is convex. Why should I have to modify the product that I purchased to go over that? I paid $78 and to have to modify it bothers me. I am sure it sticks good with the 3M tape but then the mirror on both sides is just off the glass, poor quality if that is how they all come. I assumed mine was defective. I would never put out a product that wasn't designed to fit as close to perfect as I could, sloppy work..

Thank you for everyone's input so far. I am leaning towards returning them at the moment.

My driver side mirror is 'convex' as is the passenger side.

• I have a 2017 SL. Convex Mirrors were the first aftermarket product I installed and the best investment for the money. I would recommend them to everyone. Perhaps the newer models have changed? I just checked mine and they are flush. If so, I agree many products need to be updated but as @madmoe said a little careful pressure or DER said some 3M tape. Some of the new adhesives including what is on the back of the product have incredible holding strength. Once you use them I think you will be really glad with the purchase.

Now if Polaris would come up with a better adjustment set up? I still need to purchase a set of the extensions. They have been out of stock. I need to check again. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit:

OK, Just ordered a set of mirror extensions. Long overdue but on the way.

• Just another mirror question: if you use the peel and stick convex mirrors, does the driver's mirror still shake so you cannot see behind you when up to speed? I added a little round convex mirror to mine (driver's side) and it is stone cold immovable. Passenger mirror has never moved. And yes I tried the gas line around the mirror, it helped, but did not solve the entire issue.

The thick 3M tape is a foam material it should help with the shaking, though I don't have any issues.

Prior to application I cleaned the mirrors throughly and applied a heat gun to both the mirror and the CONVEX attachment. About 6 months in and all is well.