Sway Bar Shift

• I was wrapping up my Madstad bumber install and remembered a few of you mentioning concerns with your sway bar shifting on the model years that didn't have the built in stops. Well to my surprise mine was shifted several inches to the passenger side when I took a closer look at it. Thanks to your posts a couple of quick whacks with the ole rubber mallet got it back in center again. Thanks for all the info you guys put out on this forum.

Is it worth installing a set of stops or is this just something to keep an eye on and whack it back in the middle if it gets off center again? Mine is a 2016 and I don't think I ever looked close enough before to see if it was centered or not before i took the stock lower wing off to install the madstad bumper so not sure how long it has been that way.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I think the stops are worth it - cheep insurance as they say.

I highly suspect that the bar doesn't just slowly creep to one side or the other, I suspect that when bumps are hit when we are turning or other things happen that the bar moves quickly to one side or the other and that this is happening every time we drive - I have seen photos here where it moved with enough force to bend end links - - probably a very rare event, but the lateral bar locks are so cheep that I think - why not?

these are what I installed

Here is a link $20

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• So pretty sure that the fedex man just delivered a DDM sway bar that my wife ordered me for Christmas (nothing else on my list of "what slingshot stuff I would want for Christmas" would need a box that size). So first question is there a right side up for this part? Nothing in the instructions that I found on line mention it, but I seem to remember someone having installation problems in the past and someone recommended that they flip it over and that seemed to fix whatever problem they were having. Of course I can't find that exchange now that it is applicable to me. Just need to know if there is a right / wrong side up on this that i need to be aware of during install.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• So pretty sure that the fedex man just delivered a DDM sway bar that my wife ordered me for Christmas (nothing else on my list of "what slingshot stuff I would want for Christmas" would need a box that size). So first question is there a right side up for this part? Nothing in the instructions that I found on line mention it, but I seem to remember someone having installation problems in the past and someone recommended that they flip it over and that seemed to fix whatever problem they were having. Of course I can't find that exchange now that it is applicable to me. Just need to know if there is a right / wrong side up on this that i need to be aware of during install.

I can neither confirm or deny that we sent you a sway bar :)

As for having a top or bottom, the Slingshot sway bar does not have a top or bottom, really no way to install it incorrectly. If you end up needing help with what we may or may not have shipped you, just let us know.

• I can neither confirm or deny that we sent you a sway bar :)

As for having a top or bottom, the Slingshot sway bar does not have a top or bottom, really no way to install it incorrectly. If you end up needing help with what we may or may not have shipped you, just let us know.

Gonna have to start offering gift wrap or disguise boxes! Someone gonna get in trouble... been there between black Friday and Christmas trying to sneak a peak at the ddm boxes myself.

• Personally I think putting identifiable DDMWorks boxes under the tree and making a person then look at them and wait days or weeks before allowing them to actually open those boxes - - - - - thats just wrong!!!

• That is why I just tell Brenda to wrap the EMPTY box, I am installing now.

Fortunately I don't have to even worry about these things, If I want something related to any of my hobbies my Sara won't even try to get it by herself too worried that she might get it wrong, - If I want it she would just smile and say "go place the order" followed by a "Merry Christmas' or "Happy Birthday"

• Fortunately I don't have to even worry about these things, If I want something related to any of my hobbies my Sara won't even try to get it by herself too worried that she might get it wrong, - If I want it she would just smile and say "go place the order" followed by a "Merry Christmas' or "Happy Birthday"

That is the way it works around here. If I want it, I just go buy it. That, is why she does the empty box.

• That is the way it works around here. If I want it, I just go buy it. That, is why she does the empty box.

Hehehe - If I wanted the empty box under the tree my Sara would tell me to go wrap it myself :thumbsup:

But either way it sounds like we both are lucky enough to have very smart wives :D

• Actually, to all of the wives who live in the Piedmont SC area, If you really want to have some fun this Christmas perhaps you should run on over to DDM and see if Dave@DDMWorks and the gang will sell you some empty DDMWorks branded boxes that you could use to disguise other gifts for your spouse

Just imagine the joy and surprise when your honey opens what he thinks is a stage 2 turbo kit to find a beautiful new waffle iron or perhaps 12 dozen golf balls - - - - oh what joy :00008674:

• Actually, to all of the wives who live in the Piedmont SC area, If you really want to have some fun this Christmas perhaps you should run on over to DDM and see if Dave@DDMWorks and the gang will sell you some empty DDMWorks branded boxes that you could use to disguise other gifts for your spouse

Just imagine the joy and surprise when your honey opens what he thinks is a stage 2 turbo kit to find a beautiful new waffle iron or perhaps 12 dozen golf balls - - - - oh what joy :00008674:

12 dozen golf balls is a pretty nice gift! Not turbo nice but still nice.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have not golfed or hunted since around 1971. I decided to give my full time to motorcycles and old cars.

I live in Palm Springs California, some people might consider it one of the golf capitals of the world with over 100 golf courses in and around my city.

Despite this availability and the fact that almost every man I know being a golfer I have just never really enjoyed the game, when I was younger my friends and I would go out and spend the day playing, but that was more about throwing a case of beer in the back of the golf cart and drinking than it was about serious golf. with work and other things in my life I have just never felt I had the time to develop a decent game of golf and I get no pleasure from doing something I do not feel I am good at

These days with more time off and full retirement coming at the end of this year I would much rather spend my free time having fun with my Slingshot and traveling with my wife or just wandering around with a camera taking pictures (my other hobby) - - - yep if someone gave me golf balls I would most likely regift them to someone else

I just dont like golf!