KNOWLEDGEABLE Repair shop

• Anyone know of a repair shop or someone that knows how to work on Slingshots here in Northern Virginia? Don't wanna take it to Coleman Powersports, bad experience last time I went there. Moto Motors in Purceville don't have openings until late July! I think the drive belt is too tight, no play what so ever. Afraid it's going to mess up gear or bearings.

2017 SLR

:SLRSS:

• You can easily check the belt tension yourself with a tool like this: https://www.amazon.com/Motion-…+gauge%2Caps%2C250&sr=8-4

(You will prolly be surprised that the belt is at, or near, specification)

It really is not a very difficult job to adjust the tension yourself, though, if I may suggest, if your belt is currently quiet, do not get tempted to adjust the location of the drive belt at the same time, leave that alone and just do the tension. Tools that you will require:

30mm Socket

18MM wrench

A torque wrench that will go to 195ft/lbs

Check your conversations! ;)

Good luck!

Bill

• Anyone know of a repair shop or someone that knows how to work on Slingshots here in Northern Virginia? Don't wanna take it to Coleman Powersports, bad experience last time I went there. Moto Motors in Purceville don't have openings until late July! I think the drive belt is too tight, no play what so ever. Afraid it's going to mess up gear or bearings.

2017 SLR

:SLRSS:

Should be lots of guys in that area. Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'. Put your location under your avatar and take a few minutes to introduce your self. I'm in Northern Indiana but there are guys out your way that like to 'wrench' on the Slingshot. Me -- not a wrencher -- just like to put the miles on.

FunCycle know anybody in his area...

• If you are at all handy with tools there is a Sam Owens YouTube video that will walk you through the process. A Google search will produce one or two others who have also made similar videos.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -