Funny Business or Road Signs Recently Found

• Well if I am doing the speed limit they don't need to pass me unless they have red or blue lights flashing.

DJohnson I've had this discussion with each of my children as they learned to drive. On multiple lane roads I've always told them to pick the lane that is going the speed they are most comfortable driving. Traffic is all about expectations and drivers expect other vehicles in their lane to be travelling more or less the same speed. Not driving the same speed as surrounding cars in your lane of traffic presents an obstacle to surrounding traffic which increases the likelihood of accidents. My route to work is also used by people from outside the metro area coming into Huntsville to go the the medical district. I see accidents and road rage incidents all the time caused when they camp out in the left lane with a huge line of cars behind them. Normal traffic goes 10-15 MPH over the posted speed limit on that road all the time in the left lane and just about the posted speed limit in the right lane. Just the other day there was a car in the left lane that must have had traffic backed up behind them for at least a half a mile. He was probably going the posted speed limit or just a bit under but he was being a hazard because he was going slower than traffic normally goes on that stretch of road and because he was going the same speed as the right lane other drivers were getting pissed because they couldn't get around him. I saw several near accidents as cars merged into the right lane in gaps that were barely big enough for their vehicle. I saw several people cut over right in front of him as soon as they got enough room. The funny thing was he blew his horn at each person that cut over right in front of him, but never attempted to get over and get out of the way. The right lane was going the speed he wanted to go so he should have moved over, but instead he was causing a huge mess. In his head he was probably saying the same thing you did above that I'm going the speed limit and they don't need to pass me.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Well if I am doing the speed limit they don't need to pass me unless they have red or blue lights flashing.

If you can see the red & blue flashing 10-20 cars behind, by all means. But it is called a PASSING LANE, not a speed limit lane. It's actually the law in Texas, with signs about every 1-2 miles, although I have YET to see it enforced. If you are not passing the car to your right, you are NOT passing so get over to allow cars to flow regardless of the speed limit.

We just had a shooting Friday night in Austin and the EMTs could not arrive within 10 minutes due to traffic. There's big news all over about it where they should pre-position EMTs along busy locations.

• If I am in the right lane and doing the speed limit no one should be passing me unless they have blue or red flashing lights. If there is no passing lane then I will pull over to the shoulder as soon as I can. I will do that for on coming flashing lights also you never know they may need to pass a car in front of them. I will also pull over for funeral processions.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• It is my opinion that being courteous to everyone around you should be the number one rule of the road. If those behind me want to go faster than I want to go I try to move out of their way, I don't care which lane I am in or what the "rules of the road" might say my rights are - it doesn't matter - I just try to be kind,

Not only does this seem like the easiest and best way to deal with the situation, but it is also how I would hope others would deal with the situation if they wanted to get around me. - - We live in very crazy world and I have no idea what things might be going on in the lives of others on the road around me that might have them on edge or at some breaking point so why push buttons when I don't know what might happen?

Unhinged - -good movie and it just might make you think twice before you lay on the horn or flip some other driver off

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Agree with your statement -

except the Unhinged movie. Why didn't she just call the police!?!?!?!?! Glaring Plot Hole.

yes, like most movies there are always those holes, but if she had called the cops right off the bat there wouldnt have been a movie - - anyway the point, that the person you are honking at or flipping off might have just murdered his EX and her lover is worth thinking about before you hit that horn

you never really know do ya?

• Not a road sign, but when I was downtown yesterday afternoon cutting between the Starbucks and the Rowan Hotel I looked up and saw this - Baby on the ledge!

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• The local fishing supply store here just outside of town is called Bobcats

They have a sigh on the front door that reads:

Your Wife Called and Said

You can Buy Anything You Want

Took a picture with the flip phone but it was easier to type it out then figure out how to get the picture out of the phone

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!