Complete NA build vs DDM works rotex super charger kit

• N/A build or DDM Supercharger 17

1. N/A build (0) 0%
    2. DDM Rotax Supercharger (17) 100%

Alright guys been putting off my slingshot build for a few years and I may be ready in a couple months to do the damn thing!

I have a 2015 slingshot only mod is the pedal max which has been great despite it bucking a bit in first gear now and then.

Which would you guys prefer?

NA Build of: Hahn street race intake, cool ram cold air intake, Headers and WP Undertail exhaust kit, DDM works 3-way adjustable supension, Sway bar, and some apperance mods.

OR

DDM Rotex super charger kit.

The NA build parts are gonna be about 4400, the super charger is 5k plus install. Which would you guys go with? The NA build would make the sling better all the way around and offer a nice power bump. Or a bone stock slingshot with the supercharger? I see hahn picked up 35rwhp N/A with just the intake manifold and cold air intake via the dyno, that's very impressive, how much would i pick with all the N/A mods 50wrhp? If I go with the supercharger there would be no other future mods, not in the next few years or any forseeable future as this is some extra work OT money, and I'm saving for a new house build. Is the DDM works kit safe? Would it break anything? I only have 7k miles on my slingshot and i plan on keeping it forever. I know the N/A build would be pretty safe.

Thoughts???????

• You would have to pay some people here to even consider using anything from Hahn - me included. Just dealing with the constant lies about delivery dates, items on back order and items being shipped out "in two weeks" is more common than not. he almost never comes through on timely deliveries and I'm sure there are plenty of people who have paid him in full for work or parts and had to either request a charge-back from their bank or threaten to sue to get any action. Or the others who had to wait, 4, 6 or MORE than 12 months to get their parts delivered or their slingshot finished and released back to them. If you still want to deal with him, do so at your own risk

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'll ditto what Funinthesun said and add that the only way I would believe those numbers on that intake is if done by an independent unaffiliated dyno-tuner and then I'd need to see it in person.

• You would have to pay some people here to even consider using anything from Hahn - me included. Just dealing with the constant lies about delivery dates, items on back order and items being shipped out "in two weeks" is more common than not. he almost never comes through on timely deliveries and I'm sure there are plenty of people who have paid him in full for work or parts and had to either request a charge-back from their bank or threaten to sue to get any action. Or the others who had to wait, 4, 6 or MORE than 12 months to get their parts delivered or their slingshot finished and released back to them. If you still want to deal with him, do so at your own risk

WOw thanks for the update I had no idea he operated like that.....thanks for the heads up

• As others have said I would avoid Hahn, I have not dealt with them personally, but in over 4 years hanging out here and on other Slingshot forums and groups I have heard enough bad about dealing with them to not be willing to take the chance.

Other than that I would suggest you read this - The truth about NA power

this will give you a very good idea of how little power you will gain with NA mods, From a HP per dollar spent point of view you are much better off going with a supercharger or a turbo

Personally I will probably never do it, but if I were to find the discretionary $$ I would go with a DDMWorks supercharger

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• wow just checked that thread out, thanks for posting that, I remember seeing a dyno a few years back from a CAI manufactor showing a 15rwhp gain LOL , wow i had no idea those mods really don't pick up any power at all, my pedal max made a big difference i guess that's the only good N/A power/feel mod lol

• I thought this thread was to compare na to sc. Let's get back on track.

It is, but the options were to go with a reputable company like DDM or him going with a different vendor who has MAJOR issues going back SEVERAL years to a LOT of buyers. Staying silent when you know the number of buyers who have lost money buying from the other vendor is the same as condoning his practices

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• linkThe op needs to realize that he can get the na updates from other vendors than Hahn. He never stated his ultimate goal. Does he want 20 more hp or 80 more hp?

well if you read the link that I posted in post #10 above to the testing that they did over at ZZP it would seem that even getting 20 NA with only a tune and bolt ons like exhaust and intake is not going to happen

baseline dyno run produced 163 WHP - - and then this link HERE will take you to the page where post # 68 gives the results with a ZZP intake, ZZP exhaust with a cat delete pipe and a performance ECM tune and says this " So all in all, including the mods and tuning, we picked up 8whp and 16ft-lbs tq over the bone stock base line "

many of these mods on the sites where they are sold make some pretty big claims to power increases, but what in that thread is real world dyno tests which I trust much more that the sales hype with the theoretical calculated numbers they use

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies