2021 Slingshot problems

• Not that easy!!!

tell them you’re getting on the internet to air your grievance...

Tell them it was junk when it came off the truck.... complain to Polaris... make lots of unhappy noise... ask them if you have to sit outside with a sign.... demand a new one that works... it’s their issue not yours..

Something else you need to know.....whatever they find as the problem.... they first have to get the ok from polaris....then if they don’t have that part...they have to wait for it to ship....wasting more riding time....

• I’m in touch with Polaris and I’ve got a case going. They are apologetic and offering freebies but what good are they if I don’t have anything to install them on. They are telling me that every trouble shooting option has to be tried before another Slingshot can be offered, no set time line for it. So here is a New Slingshot being disassembled and reassembled over and over. Not happy!!!

• I’m in touch with Polaris and I’ve got a case going. They are apologetic and offering freebies but what good are they if I don’t have anything to install them on. They are telling me that every trouble shooting option has to be tried before another Slingshot can be offered, no set time line for it. So here is a New Slingshot being disassembled and reassembled over and over. Not happy!!!

.......Who would be, very unfortunate thing to happen to anyone , KEEP MAKING NOISE and MORE NOISE.......

• tell them you want the junk fixed not freebies ...

Spend $25 and have a lawyer write a letter...

As a side story...I got $2700 (vet bills) back from a pet supply place because of them selling sick animals... which got my other animals sick... I wrote a letter and sent everything straight to the company president. Told him I was contacting every tv station in pGH. .. the local papers... I was retired and going to sit in front of the store every day with a sign... enclosed all the vet bills... and other goodies... gave them two weeks to settle the matter and I would disappear... they sent the check to my local store and said I didn’t have to go to all that trouble..... oh didn’t I? I wasn’t going to piss around with my local yea hoo... for weeks or months... bam ... right to the top. that’s how you get shit done......you dealer isn’t going to want the corporate office getting a bad rap...about them...

Their lawyer probably saw everything and told them to cut the check before I changed my mind.... the longer you let this go...the more they will stall.... and you’re losing good weather...

Tell them you bought it to ride not to keep in their garage as a mechanics trial and error learning tool...

Start making you sidewalk sign and send them a picture of it... be nice, be polite, be firm and mean business.. give them an ultimatum.

it’s too much money to pay for a lemon...

and you may as well take all the freebies for your aggravation...you can always sell them.

• Six years and some odd change down the road with the Slingshot...

And nothing with Polaris has changed.

Several of us have been there.

I used to say that Polaris is all about quality...

Even if they have to build them twice.

A driver in the seat does not stop the build process in pursuit of continued quality.

The Slingshot has always been heavy reliant on Polaris, more so now with the 2020 and up models. Parts, Digital Wrench software (not OBII), Dealers...

Polaris is about sell and production, anything else is cost.

To shoot the gimp horse before you get the wagon home... leaves you stuck with a wagon, an odd smell, and something to bury.

It's frustrating to say the least.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• the owner of the steel mill I worked in...considered all the maintenance personal Red Ink...

this is what happens with corporate greed and only focusing on the bottom line instead of focusing on reputation and customer service.

if we don’t keep the machinery running there is no black ink.

corporate greed makes them deaf and blind...

• On our last trip the traction control light would come on about 5 min into the ride - and stay on. Turn it off start up and it does it again. I just rode with it and no issues but any thoughts on why it stays on? Bad switch? When I toggle the switch nothing happens. Light stays on. She is in warrantee but if I can fix it that would be much better.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• On our last trip the traction control light would come on about 5 min into the ride - and stay on. Turn it off start up and it does it again. I just rode with it and no issues but any thoughts on why it stays on? Bad switch? When I toggle the switch nothing happens. Light stays on. She is in warrantee but if I can fix it that would be much better.

Could be a bad wheel speed sensor

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well I made an appointment with the dealer for next Friday to take a look at it.

When cleaning her up after our last trip I looked at the speed wheel connections and just moved them around a little bit as it looked like a Rubiks cube to try to get them apart.

I drove her out to get some gas yesterday - the light came on immediately. When I got to the gas station the light was off after filling up. I drove slowly and accelerated slowly to see if it would come on at a certain speed. After I got to about 30 miles an hour and no light I hit the switch once then held for five seconds to turn both off. Then I hit the switch again to turn them on. Drove about five more miles with no light whatsoever. We’re doing about a 200 mile roadie today and we shall see. Ghost in the machine🧐

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• [quote='jwh5700','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10084-2021-slingshot-problems/&postID=354650#post354650']

My 2021 SL is currently in the shop to have the all the seals in the angle drive replaced and they are also going to have to order a new instrument cluster since its not working correctly

[/quote]

Hard to "like" downtime, so I didnt like your post, but stay on top of repair. Polaris tries to stall things, having dealers test and diagnose instead of replacing likely defective parts. Test and report, then dealer waits for engineers and techs to call them back.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.