Massachusetts or Rhode Island Slingshot Owners post up here!

• Hi dongib,

Congratulations to You and John!; I'm new to the forum so went back and read the prior pages.
    I'm so pleased your saga has ended and you are now free to ride. Excellent choice on the SS color
    and a great picture to highlight your event.

I can agree on your comments regarding the feeling of "show boating" as I initially felt the same way; then
    I adopted roadog1aj's mindset and I've been comfortable since. Folks just gravitate towards it wherever I park
    it; so I now revel in talking about it and letting Folks get there pics and an occasional sit-in/ride.

My Best Wishes to You both for many Exciting, Safe miles and hope we can all meet "down the road"...

Enjoy the Day All/Gene

• Glad to hear it guys! I have had my Slingshot since Last year in Aug. I frequently ride into Bristol and Narragansett, also have been spending a good amount of time in Newport.

I have been to the car show in Foxboro one time and there were 2 other non modified Slingshots. I have done a decent amount of mods myself.

If anyone wants to meet up for a ride let me know, maybe we can meet up..

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the new Toy!
    If you need help or have questions let me know and I will help out where I can.

• Hey Everyone my name is Pete and I am in the process of buying a Silver SLR from MOMs I was wondering who you are using for Insurance. I currently have Progressive for my Goldwing but they want almost $2k a year for the Slingshot and i have a clean record. From what I am seeing my only other option is GEICO and they are less but not by a lot. Any other suggestions?

• Hey Everyone my name is Pete and I am in the process of buying a Silver SLR from MOMs I was wondering who you are using for Insurance. I currently have Progressive for my Goldwing but they want almost $2k a year for the Slingshot and i have a clean record. From what I am seeing my only other option is GEICO and they are less but not by a lot. Any other suggestions?

Welcome @funhouse69!!!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

I live in MA, and have called Geico 5 times (last time 3 months ago), after telling me they insure ALL motorcycles, and after transferring me 3 times, they ultimately say they don't do the SS at this time. I currently use Commerce for about $538/year ($1000 deductable). Prices can be all over the place, so shop around, you might find it cheaper. People living in more reasonable states will definitely get better prices.

UPDATE: Geico now write for MA, decent prices, but not as competitive as Commerce (for me anyway).

Edited 2 times, last by rickgi: accuracy ().

I have Arbella and I have all max coverage's.. I believe I am around $1,400, now when I am done riding I reduce the coverage's to just fire and theft so if something happens to it, it's still covered. When I am ready to drive it I call up the insurance company and have them put the coverage's back on so I can drive. Commerce is ok but not as good as it used to be, they are now owned by Mapfre

MAPFRE
    Insurance company
    Mapfre is a Spanish insurance company, based in Majadahonda, Madrid. The name comes from the old mutual origin of the company, but the company now only refers to itself as MAPFRE. Wikipedia
    Headquarters: Community of Madrid, Spain
    Stock price: MAP (BME) €2.58 +0.06 (+2.18%)
    Oct 5, 5:36 PM GMT+2 - Disclaimer
    CEO: Antonio Huertas (Mar 10, 2012–)
    Founded: May 16, 1933, Spain
    Revenue: 23.53 billion EUR (2011)
    Net income: 963 million EUR (2011)

I have a guy that I go through as my rep and he can go over all the available companies and rates. He also will show you little things you can do to get some small discounts. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you his info.

• We used Nationwide for home, auto and boat. For the Slingshot we paid $450.00 +/- for the year, which I think fell under recreational vehicle. Sorry for the delay in response, but I took on a Part Time job and now working Full time and Part Time I have barely any time for anything else. John though is enjoying the Slingshot! Hope to meet up some day and welcome to the forum. Always, Donna

• Hi Funhouse,

Congratulations and Best Wishes with your Baby!!...I was at Moms last week, so may have seen it already :)

I use Metropolitan Insurance(long time customer) for the SS and my Subaru WRX; the WRX is $1,000/yr and the SS is $900/yr. -I'm almost
    60 with a clean record. I'm going to inquire about the Recreational Vehicle aspect - Thanks dongib -as it was never presented as an option.

I hope Everyone had an Excellent summer and enjoyed every mile...

Enjoy the day All/Gene

• Just got back from my adventure down to FL... Left here on Monday morning 10/17 with a little over 500 miles on my SS, Put her in Storage in FL with just over 3000 miles on her yesterday 10/24. Can't complain at all. On the way down we hit the "Back of the Dragon" in Tazwell, VA. From there we met up with my friend, his wife in their Slingshots and then their friend that lives in the area with his Slingshot and got guided tours around the area including Blood Mountain which is just insane! The worst part of the trip was knowing that there aren't any roads around here that can come anywhere close to what I've ridden over the last week.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

• Just got back from a trip down to FL to visit my "Snowbird" Slingshot... I flew down last week and went to the Cycle Springs / Slingshot Only Christmas Rides / Toy Run. It was such a great time and coming from up there where seeing a Slingshot is so rare / unusual to this was quite enjoyable. Talk about some of the nicest people in the world!!!

• so wondering like so many others up here in the new england area if we can somehow get an event up here. i know you guys down south like your twists and your turns, thats every road up here. i believe lake winnipesaukee up here would be a great location they already host a similar event which is bike week laconia maybe a few of you guys have made it out that way for that event. scenery is pretty similar to lake george. with mount washington not to far. the location has everything right there hotels, motels, camping grounds for people with Rvs and trailers. they lock down a strip at weirs beach in laconia right on the water where only bikes are allowed no other vehicles would be great to see something like that with all the slings, theres a bunch to do in that area they have boat and jet ski rentals tours of one of the biggest lake in that area and also train rides you could take one right up to mount washington @ivor maybe something that you maybe interested in it really is a good location

• Count me in! Kamangus highway is fun and there are some natural waterfalls with gorgeous swimming areas with rocks to jump off and a picnic area on site. Would be a perfect spot. Gorgeous views and twisties up that way! Did a run with a bunch of friends over the summer but sadly I was the only sling!

• With the Adirondacks event in September, I'm not sure that it will be easy to get another "Major" even around here but that doesn't mean we wont. The biggest problem will be getting the turnout. Some of these events down south have upwards of 500 slingshots which obviously makes it worth while for companies to show up and promote / sell their wares.

I bought my Slingshot in October and I've yet to see another one just driving around here, I can also say the same about the 3000+ miles I drove down / around the east coast until I got down to Florida where I've seen many just driving around. I am sure that they are out there i just haven't seen them yet. Over the weekend of Noel's Toy Ride there were well over 100 Slingshots that showed up.

That said the various forums do seem to indicate that people as far down as say NJ and beyond are looking for places to go / things to do. It won't happen overnight but I think it can / will happen if we start putting things together and start getting the numbers people will start paying attention.

Oh and I agree that New England has some awesome roads but they (in my opinion) can't hold a candle to the roads down in VA, NC, TN and GA. Its not that the roads are that much better its that they have a much different mentality down there, take the mountain roads for example the speed limits down there are 55 even in the sharpest turns, sure they have signs showing them but up here those turns would have the speed limits dropped down to 15 mph. Oh and they also have passing lanes on a lot of the roads and the slower vehicles usually are in the right lane. Again just a different mentality.

• I for one have always wanted to get up in that area after I spent almost 2 years in New London, Conn. and Newport, Rhode Island. Maybe one day I will make it and spend at least a week riding around Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont in the SS. So go for an event in that area.

• I live in MA, and have called Geico 5 times (last time 3 months ago), after telling me they insure ALL motorcycles, and after transferring me 3 times, they ultimately say they don't do the SS at this time. F them. I currently use Commerce for about 1K/year. Prices can be all over the place, so shop around, you might find it cheaper. People living in more reasonable states will definitely get better prices.

I just called Geico, and it seems they are now writing Insurance in MA. Prices aren't bad (approx. $650), but Commerce (for me) has them beat by over $100.