U.S. Shipping Addresses with Re-shipping for Canadians

• Ok, new to this need to buy US products direct (mainly for my SS toy) and do the import thing. For those Canadians that buy US products, what firms would you recommend? Seems to be a number to pick from which is good, but I want to ask the slingshotinfo group for feedback. I'm on the west coast and Oregon seems to be sales tax exempt so thinking firms in this state would be suitable? For East coast ss owners it would be valuable to know your picks for that audience as well.

So the intent is to keep the shipping $$ low to a US address, for the initial US purchase and then get the re-shipper to support the "close to border bunch" plus the ones that are not so close to the border and need to pay the "penalty" but get their purchases faster.

• If you are at all within reasonable driving distance of the border, you can have your items shipped to a freight receiving service in the border town you will cross at. They charge a few $$$ to receive your freight and to hold it until you arrive. I have never used a reshipping service but I cannot imagine it to be cheaper than having your vendor ship directly to you. Specify USPS as your shipping service. For some reason they are far cheaper than FedEx or UPS for shipments to Canada. Or, if you are buying a bunch of stuff and are not near the border, plan a vacay trip south and pick all your stuff up yourself.

• Going to our border to pick up a parcel today. Costs $5

Research your local area. Most of those shipping agencies offer a pick up service at a low cost. Find one and make your arrangements

• @soluga, most of my internet purchases do not have sales tax added even though I'm in Washington, a sales tax state. The exception used to be if the retailer was also in Washington, although I am seeing sales tax more frequently on Amazon purchases for some reason. As close as you are to Port Angeles, it would seem that that would be your most convenient pick up point, especially if you could board the fairy ferry as a pedestrian.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)