Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Sorry buddy - a Nolo contendere plea is the same as a guilty plea - you lose your right to appeal - you just don’t want to fight the charge. I see what you were thinkin but Trump has to ride it out and hope one juror holds out for a hung jury or get convicted and get the hell out of Manhattan on appeal!!

Well counsellor, that's why you're the one who actually PASSED the BAR, while the rest of us stayed AT the BAR for last call

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• May be an image of 2 people, money and text that says 'Bill, Remind me again how hush money works? Asking for a friend.'

Hey Bill Martin, can you answer a question regarding this comparison?

Legally, (not opinion) is this settlement through the courts, the same as paying money out of court to end a problem? The act from 2007-2008 is not the issue and neither is the NDA if I understand this correctly..

I have one other question also... Is what The Donald is charged with really a crime, or is it something else... again Legally...

I thought this was interesting... Clinton settled with Jones for 850,000. she ended up with 200,000 before taxes... no admission of guilt by either party, and no apology... after 4 years of legal "wrangling"... Had the Donald just settled with E. Jean Carroll that would have been behind him... as it is now there will be more legal fees and "wrangling" involved and anyone's guess as to the outcome. , To me a great display of Ego and ignorance...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• so if by some miracle they actually get a conviction that wont be enough - now the left wants to get Trump assassinated

assholes! - https://www.foxnews.com/politi…rotection-trump-convicted

yep - the new American idea of democracy - put your political opposition in prison where you can then have them killed - - - sounds more like Russia or North Korea to me

and as they are doing this they tell us we should be afraid of Trump because they say he wants to be a dictator

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• and that’s how conspiracy theories start. Nothing in the article mentions anything about Trump being assassinated.

• and that’s how conspiracy theories start. Nothing in the article mentions anything about Trump being assassinated.

simple fact - removing his protection puts him at greater risk, then throwing him in a prison where he can be attacked - - - right out ou North Koreas play book as to what to do with political opposition

• Simple fact - - for most of or lives we have been told by our government that when we see a Russian leader have their political opposition jailed that this was something that could never happen in America - - never once were we ever told the person being thrown in jail by Kim or Putin might actually be guilty - - NO! we have always been told that this was bad and wrong and only something done by evil dictators

And here we are with courts and the threat of prison now being the number one tool of the Democrats to deal with their political opposition.

So we only have 2 options

1 - we have now sunken to the same evil politics of Russia and North Korea

or

2 - we were lied to and both Russia and North Korea are justified when they do these things

cant have it both ways, cant say its evil and bad when others do it but its okay when we do it - - - its either okay or its not -

• Had the Donald just settled with E. Jean Carroll that would have been behind him... as it is now there will be more legal fees and "wrangling" involved and anyone's guess as to the outcome. , To me a great display of Ego and ignorance...

So.....the possibility that someone who so willingly puts themselves through the trouble and expense is actually defending their innocence, or at least that they are not guilty of the full accusation, is not even a consideration in your mind. Or is this standard only applied to certain people.

Settling is what got us here so apparently that isn't the answer and IMO people/companies being wiling to jump right to that option and not fighting is a huge mistake that just snowballs.

.........nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Using that logic, nothing in the article mentions him not being .......

Reading the actual bill proposal it states "any protectee". I wonder if Benny understands that would also apply to Hunter.

........angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• pretty sure old Biden fully plans of a full Presidential pardon for Hunter before he leaves office - - would bet money on it!

• Trump should have the presumption of innocence. Do you or anybody believe Carroll would have brought this case so many years after the fact had not Trump been President of the United States ?? I would imagine he believes he is innocent. If I were innocent I wouldn’t pay what comes down to extortion money either. Alvin Bragg is using falsifying records to prosecute Trump - which many other prosecutors have already looked at and declined to take the case. This is so blatantly political even a liberal should see it - if they take off their blinders !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it