FIRST POST FOR THE LADY'S

• The wife and I have been to Maggie 2 times and a couple of other trips with the SS. We were totally maxed out with the storage. That is why I built the racks for mine where we would have a little more room. She always had large tote bag in the foot well with her. I did not like the racks that were out there or the prices for them. Go to FunCycle's build and look at the racks that I built for mine.

• Hi there! I'm a riding buddy of Guardian_Angel and the other half of BigRedSS. We're looking forward to the SSITS ride - our first big thing with this ride, and only really our second ever (we rode on our GoldWing from Maine to Alabama back, what - 15 years ago? - to the Wing Ding, now we live in AL again).

We'll be trailering up as we'd already known we wanted to spend a few days in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this spring, so we took a week off work and wrapped both trips together. I'll admit it, it's all my fault for trailering. He'd drive it in a heartbeat, but he knows when Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy! This way I can have my computer for the ride (and get some work in, so I don't have to take the WHOLE time as vaca!) I can bring enough clothes to feel decent, my nice camera, AND my Instant Pot with meals prepared frozen in the cooler so we don't have to eat out EVERY. SINGLE.DAY. I know, most people would enjoy that, but I travel for work every week, and after 15 years it gets old. Another restaurant for EVERY meal? Blergh.

Looking forward to meeting those of you there, and maybe running into (not literally!!!) others here and there. I see SS's in many of the states I go to, and I wish we had some easy way to identify each other! If I wave or thumbs up its like I'm one of the looky loos - I want some signal to say, YES, I'm an owner too!!!!

• Hi there! I'm a riding buddy of Guardian_Angel and the other half of BigRedSS. We're looking forward to the SSITS ride - our first big thing with this ride, and only really our second ever (we rode on our GoldWing from Maine to Alabama back, what - 15 years ago? - to the Wing Ding, now we live in AL again).

We'll be trailering up as we'd already known we wanted to spend a few days in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge this spring, so we took a week off work and wrapped both trips together. I'll admit it, it's all my fault for trailering. He'd drive it in a heartbeat, but he knows when Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy! This way I can have my computer for the ride (and get some work in, so I don't have to take the WHOLE time as vaca!) I can bring enough clothes to feel decent, my nice camera, AND my Instant Pot with meals prepared frozen in the cooler so we don't have to eat out EVERY. SINGLE.DAY. I know, most people would enjoy that, but I travel for work every week, and after 15 years it gets old. Another restaurant for EVERY meal? Blergh.

Looking forward to meeting those of you there, and maybe running into (not literally!!!) others here and there. I see SS's in many of the states I go to, and I wish we had some easy way to identify each other! If I wave or thumbs up its like I'm one of the looky loos - I want some signal to say, YES, I'm an owner too!!!!

Boy do I hear you about travelling! 1.7 MILLION miles on Delta alone! Wish I was going to be there but I hope to catch up with you folks soon. Have a great time with all my friends!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Glad you made it! My husband will read your post about how many hours of work you put in, and still have time to cook..... and will shake his head in disapproval at me and my "convenient" meals... we eat out alot... but before I am crucified for my poor cooking habits, I blame half on working nights( you know its hard to know which meal to cook at 3pm when you just waking up... do you fix eggs and bacon or chicken and rice?? Im not a first meal of the day kind of eater.. too heavy on the stomach after just waking up) and i half blame him for being a picky eater... (he says hes not picky, he just knows what he likes and what he doesnt like :huh: ) I used to think I had a pretty good foundation for cooking going on... til I married him, qnd realized everything i thought tasted good, he didnt like! Lol so now what do i cook? Idk... how bout a chicken sandwich, or hotdog.... hard to screw that up...lol wish i had the time to hone in on some cooking skills.... but, thats usually around the big holidays. And.... we still have yet to decide whether or not we need luggage racks,bags, or such... we will pack light, and use washer dryer facilities at hotel. But if it comes down to my hair iron or clothing..... the iron will win. We are taking another day off work either the sunday before or the monday after... just so we arent rushed to get home and get back to the grind stone. Look forward to seeing yall, and meeting the rest of the "family.." I sure am glad when another dame comes aboard, sometimes the testosterone is stifling :|

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Welcome to the best Slingshot forum on the internet!!! We're happy you joined us!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Welcome to the Light , Next in line is a drive in a boosted SL . Last drive put you in what you have.Looking forward to seeing you two in the Mountains.

• Glad you made it! My husband will read your post about how many hours of work you put in, and still have time to cook..... and will shake his head in disapproval at me and my "convenient" meals... we eat out alot... but before I am crucified for my poor cooking habits, I blame half on working nights( you know its hard to know which meal to cook at 3pm when you just waking up... do you fix eggs and bacon or chicken and rice?? Im not a first meal of the day kind of eater.. too heavy on the stomach after just waking up) and i half blame him for being a picky eater... (he says hes not picky, he just knows what he likes and what he doesnt like :huh: ) I used to think I had a pretty good foundation for cooking going on... til I married him, qnd realized everything i thought tasted good, he didnt like! Lol so now what do i cook? Idk... how bout a chicken sandwich, or hotdog.... hard to screw that up...lol wish i had the time to hone in on some cooking skills.... but, thats usually around the big holidays. And.... we still have yet to decide whether or not we need luggage racks,bags, or such... we will pack light, and use washer dryer facilities at hotel. But if it comes down to my hair iron or clothing..... the iron will win. We are taking another day off work either the sunday before or the monday after... just so we arent rushed to get home and get back to the grind stone. Look forward to seeing yall, and meeting the rest of the "family.." I sure am glad when another dame comes aboard, sometimes the testosterone is stifling :|

I had to laugh - when it comes down to the hair iron or clothes the hair iron wins! lol Is this a clothing optional type of gathering? Hubby didn't mention that when he told me about it!

• I had to laugh - when it comes down to the hair iron or clothes the hair iron wins! lol Is this a clothing optional type of gathering? Hubby didn't mention that when he told me about it!

Oh, no one bothered to tell you the theme this year is "Nude in North Carolina"?! For the modest, one is allowed to wear a slingshotinfo.com T-Shirt, but nothing else (for the ladies, shirt must be thin & white & remain wet at all times)...

:evil::00005129:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Oh, no one bothered to tell you the theme this year is "Nude in North Carolina"?! For the modest, one is allowed to wear a slingshotinfo.com T-Shirt, but nothing else (for the ladies, shirt must be thin & white & remain wet at all times)...
    :evil::00005129:

You SO don't want me dressed as you described!!! Not even 20 years ago. Go play with the boys, this is a ladies room! lol

• yup. I'm out on that theme... Only thing I care to expose in public is my feet... And that's just because shoes in the warmer temps are just plain not right folks... Not right "tat tall.." .... Of course my feet are the most hideous looking body parts... Big feet with midgit fingers for toes attached to them... But ask me if I care ...

Dad always said I had a firm foundation to stand on.... :00000441:

• Don't know Jimmy,... why does he crack corn? and how does this pertain to your feet? :rolleyes:

Cuz Jimmy cracked corn and "I don't care"........... :D

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi