Blown head gasket?

• Take the oil fill cap off and look at the bottom of it. If it looks like chocolate milk is stuck to it you have water getting into the oil. Pull the dipstick and look at it on the stick.

Unfortunately I am going to say you have a serious problem somewhere. It might even be a crack in the casting of the block. But most likely a head gasket. What turbo system are you running? And why did you install a catch can originally?

• A couple of other things to note, if you have a milkshake in the crankcase the oil/mix level will be high and the coolant level in the reservoir will be low. If this is the case do not run the motor again until you know the extent of repairs needed because your oil can no longer do its job.

That much liquid in the catch can in just five days even if it was clean oil would give me plenty of concern.

• A couple of other things to note, if you have a milkshake in the crankcase the oil/mix level will be high and the coolant level in the reservoir will be low. If this is the case do not run the motor again until you know the extent of repairs needed because your oil can no longer do its job.

That much liquid in the catch can in just five days even if it was clean oil would give me plenty of concern.

I am with @mniron on the "do not run" and unfortunately I can't see this being something simple. Sorry to give you this news.

• Take the oil fill cap off and look at the bottom of it. If it looks like chocolate milk is stuck to it you have water getting into the oil. Pull the dipstick and look at it on the stick.

Unfortunately I am going to say you have a serious problem somewhere. It might even be a crack in the casting of the block. But most likely a head gasket. What turbo system are you running? And why did you install a catch can originally?

Im running the alpha supercharger. Running the catch can because of the oil pooling at the bottom of my blow off valve.

• Ok I checked the coolant level which is good and the oil dipstick which is not milky and the oil cap which doesn't have the milky substance on it.

Clean the catch can, watch oil level, coolant level and check all three daily for a while. That is still a lot of liquid in the catch can in a short time, leads me to believe you may have some issue causing the crankcase to pressurize, pushing oil out of the breather. Another possibility is you are not reaching full engine operating temperatures between runs causing excessive condensation buildup. It takes 20-30 minutes to reach full operating temperature, if you are doing very short run times then you never get the oil warm enough to evaporate the condensate. Just some ideas, but keep an eye on it.

• Ok. Your next thing to do is drain the oil and see what it looks like. I know it may be fresh but you need to confirm that it has no water in it. Grab you a clear storage container at Walmart to drain it into and grab you a 5qt bottle of Mobil1 5w30 and a filter and do the oil change. Take some pictures of the oil you drained out and post them here..

It will be the safest 40 dollars you have ever spent.

• Im running the alpha supercharger. Running the catch can because of the oil pooling at the bottom of my blow off valve.

You should not have oil at your blow off valve, get in touch with @Turbosling. I would also check the oil level in the supercharger before running it any more.

The catch can won't fix your initial oil residue.

• @jaytee did you do your own supercharger install? Vent plug intsalled?

Sorry, about the questions, I answer them myself. In regards to my previous post in contacting Henry, that is entirely up to you. You had your engine replace also since your original install so possibly something to do with the new engine?

• So it made me go look... My catch can has been installed for 4-5 months, along with my Alpha Supercharger. Nary a drop in the catch can. I'll be changing the oil in the SC today, but the Alpha is totally self-contained and requires only 4 oz of oil, so it is obviously not coming from there.

I'm curious about the oil pooling near the bottom of the blow off valve... I can't seem to wrap my little brain around where that might be coming from. It is in between the intercooler and the throttle body.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Found this milky substance in my newly installed oil catch can earlier today...about 1/4 catch can full of this milkshake stuff after only 5 days. Blown head gasket?

Do you run your sling very short distances? Also check under your oil filler cap to see if its milky. If you run short distances your engine doesn't get to warm up to temp and cook off the condensation that naturally occurs on engines.

• So it made me go look... My catch can has been installed for 4-5 months, along with my Alpha Supercharger. Nary a drop in the catch can. I'll be changing the oil in the SC today, but the Alpha is totally self-contained and requires only 4 oz of oil, so it is obviously not coming from there.

I'm curious about the oil pooling near the bottom of the blow off valve... I can't seem to wrap my little brain around where that might be coming from. It is in between the intercooler and the throttle body.

Did you install the vent plug on the sc unit? Also did you do the initial break in oil change yet?

• I'm all good here, in fact, I just did my initial oil change in the SC, 2,500 miles and going strong. Map sensor hasn't moved at all. Starting long term prep for Vail. @Turbosling set me up on an alignment while I'm there.

I could bring my swaybar if you have the links ready by then and have y'all install it :)

@jaytee Please let us know if you figure out where it is coming from, so we can add it to our Things We MUST check list.

I'm still on the how does oil pool there question? Someone more mechanical than me let me know... it is not happening on mine, and it seems it would run into the intercooler if it did...it's all down hill.