Slingshots Uncorked (Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 9:00am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 12:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked

Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 11:00 am

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

17 participants, 1 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am
  • @ethermion tell @DocG he needs to come, @FunCycle and myself are going to be there and would love to meet another Bubblehead, that would make 3 at this event.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• No offense @ethermion, but disliked after that last sentence...

It was a damn good game and hopefully the future is bright for Dallas... Just need to work on the pass rush and secondary.

Indeed. I erred. I try very hard to not post like that.

But, we can agree that that was one heck of a game. The 'boys looked great in the 2nd half, and I expected them to win. They played perfect football, and their only vulnerability was that the GB QB is an alien life form. Few if any play books account for that. Pretty sure Rogers was beamed back up to his personal UFO after the game, to enjoy alien foods and the giggles of alien virgins.

To keep this on topic, I continue to recruit for this event. @MACAWS throws one heck of a party, and I don't want any of my friends to miss it. Who knows, I might do karaoke again. Nobody wants to miss that either. I channel Elvis, another alien.

Sling on, sling safe,

-e

• Eric you dou your job well again, I hope you stay in the same hotel again so we can share a cigarette. :):thumbsup::00007555::00007510:

Toy dude! Thank you so much for the compliment.

Keep in mind that I will be attending with my lovely wife who will kill you first, then me, if a cigarette touches my lips. But I have not forgotten your generosity, and more importantly the excellent company of you and yours. Looking forward to seeing you again! And for the record, I did not smoke last time you saw me. Seriously. I beg you!

I expect we will stay again in the same hotel. Let's share a Weißbier or two or three or four. I'll buy. And provide PROPER glasses. We both know a proper pour, so no issue there.

• Toy dude! Thank you so much for the compliment.
    Keep in mind that I will be attending with my lovely wife who will kill you first, then me, if a cigarette touches my lips. But I have not forgotten your generosity, and more importantly the excellent company of you and yours. Looking forward to seeing you again! And for the record, I did not smoke last time you saw me. Seriously. I beg you!

I expect we will stay again in the same hotel. Let's share a Weißbier or two or three or four. I'll buy. And provide PROPER glasses. We both know a proper pour, so no issue there.

You never inhaled... :):D and yes I'll bring one or two Weißbier for you, because in my hole live I never had more then two "FIRST one and Last one" don't count the ones between :00000441:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Ok folks I think I have a great compromise for Sunday.

I will ask @Designer and @Firefly to work up a nice back road excursion that will end up at the Berry Hill Resort in South Boston about 25 miles west of Clarksville. This is a pretty cool place , resort and conference center on 650 acers. I figured we could cruise up the tree lined driveway and take some great calendar photos in front of the mansion

There is a very nice place to eat lunch and I took the liberty of making reservations for 22 at 12:00 on the Morning of April 9th.
    Colette and I took a ride up there for lunch today, the food was great and the staff was wonderful.

The name of the place is Darby's Tavern - here is a link to the web page with some photos and the menu
    Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center - Darby's Tavern

Overall this will be a great place to hang out on Sunday and you can either head back to Clarksville with us or head home from here. It is located a few miles north of 58 for those heading back to the Chesapeake area and just south of 360 for those heading back up towards Richmond and 95.

There is alot history here and I think you all will enjoy it.
    here is the home page to the resort. Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center - Berry Hill Resort

Great place to spend time with great people!

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This should be one helluva' event!!!! Just took a look at the menu at the restaurant! WOW!!! Guess I picked a bad time to start eating healthy!!!! Can't wait to get back together with all you guys. Since the dinner in Emporia, I've been having withdrawals!!!!! Oh wait, that was just last week!!! Never mind!!!
    :00008172::00008356:

• This should be one helluva' event!!!! Just took a look at the menu at the restaurant! WOW!!! Guess I picked a bad time to start eating healthy!!!! Can't wait to get back together with all you guys. Since the dinner in Emporia, I've been having withdrawals!!!!! Oh wait, that was just last week!!! Never mind!!!
    :00008172::00008356:

I think you and Velma will really love this place, It will be all greened up by April and if we have good weather we can get some great calendar shots. I reserved the back room in the tavern so it will just be us.

We did a little test run today but I was in my dually and you may not believe this but the Slingshot corners much better than a 6,000lb truck with 6 wheels. We will get more test runs in when the weather improves and get more of the menu tested.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hey Mitch, that place looks awesome and the menu looks great, gotta try one of those burgers they talk about... and like you say a beautiful place for some great pics of the Slingshots.... Janet and I are really looking forward to the gathering and ready to make new friends.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'