Slingshots Uncorked (Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 9:00am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 12:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Uncorked

Fri, Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am - Sun, Apr 9th 2017, 11:00 am

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

17 participants, 1 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Apr 7th 2017, 8:00 am
  • Ok gang I am back to work on making sure you all have a good weekend so here is my tentative schedule. Everything but Saturday is open for change. My only concern is showing you all a good time.

Friday:
    Once I have an idea when everyone is arriving and a head count I will work something up. Looks like so far most will be in late afternoon so it will most likely be group dinner. If the weather is nice we can find someplace close to ride to. We can also make a run down to Cowboy Ups for another Karaoke adventure.

Saturday:
    This is the day of the Wine Festival, They haven't finalized all the details but the current plan is to hold the festival on the bridge leading into town. I asked if we could have some space to display our Slingshots and show off. Brewery Cycles will most likely be displaying along with us. If this works out according to plan we will need to set up prior to the show. (timing to be announced) Having run shows on this bridge in the past and working with the local officials I can tell you we can not leave until the festival is over. so your bike will be there until 6pm. I figure this way we cam all enjoy the wine festival and not worry about driving. I will set up reservations at The Lake House for dinner.

Sunday:
    Designer and I would like to propose an all day adventure for those planning on spending the entire day with us.
    Breakfast 7:30am at lamplighter across the street from the Magnusson Hotel.
    Depart at 8:30am and head out to the Blue Ridge Parkway (3hr ride) Designer has a great route we make this run every year. Once we get to the Blue Ridge we can head up to Peaks Of Otter Lodge for lunch. I am hoping I can attract some of our friends from North West Virginia to meet us there and show some of the local roads and sights. Then a slightly different route back to Clarksville arriving back around 6pm.

Please feel free to comment on our plans, if there is something you all prefer to do let me know. We will go with the majority vote.

Thanks
    Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Count me in!!!! Oh wait...that's right...we've already had this conversation!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:
    Seriously though, Velma and I are looking at extending our stay, so that we could participate in the ride on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!!!

• Count me in!!!! Oh wait...that's right...we've already had this conversation!!!!!! :00008172::00008356:
    Seriously though, Velma and I are looking at extending our stay, so that we could participate in the ride on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!!!

Thank you sir!
    Looking forward to it. It is a nice ride as long as the weather cooperates. You will love the Blue Ridge 40mph speed limit.
    But getting there will be more spirited.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Kim and I are anxiously following this thread and this time we can't commit due to an aging dog's health condition. This is why I have waited until now to post in this thread. Who knows a lot can happen between now and April so we shall see maybe Lacey and Oskar both will be able to make the trip with us. We would hate to miss another opportunity to see all of our old friends and meet so many new ones in Clarksville. :/

• Not as of yet. But I plan on putting some more miles behind it, just to see if it clears its self. If not, I'll be back at All Out Cycles.

Came home today. Jumped in the Sling. Turned the key, and there it was! It was still throwing a code. Hit the ignition button and headed off to the Dealer. Talked for minute or two, before we all went outside to take the Sling to the back. Guess what??? Turned the key and no code!!! Stayed at the Dealers for another twenty minutes trying to replicate the problem. No dice!!!!! And that's a good thing!!!! :thumbsup:

• Came home today. Jumped in the Sling. Turned the key, and there it was! It was still throwing a code. Hit the ignition button and headed off to the Dealer. Talked for minute or two, before we all went outside to take the Sling to the back. Guess what??? Turned the key and no code!!! Stayed at the Dealers for another twenty minutes trying to replicate the problem. No dice!!!!! And that's a good thing!!!! :thumbsup:

Came home today. Jumped in the Sling. Turned the key, and there it was! It was still throwing a code. Hit the ignition button and headed off to the Dealer. Talked for minute or two, before we all went outside to take the Sling to the back. Guess what??? Turned the key and no code!!! Stayed at the Dealers for another twenty minutes trying to replicate the problem. No dice!!!!! And that's a good thing!!!! :thumbsup:

Like many others said. :D:00007505:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Sound like a great plan, looking forward to it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Sound like a great plan, looking forward to it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@MACAWS just curious if there are any good scenic roads nearby Clarksville... some of us have never been to the area and might like to see some of it... Blue Ridge Mountains are awesome but we will be up there for a week less than 2 months later, and I myself ride up there 2-3 times a week. just asking

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @MACAWS just curious if there are any good scenic roads nearby Clarksville... some of us have never been to the area and might like to see some of it... Blue Ridge Mountains are awesome but we will be up there for a week less than 2 months later, and I myself ride up there 2-3 times a week. just asking

We have lots of nice backroads and could most certainly stay in the area.
    I am happy either way I was just suggesting a nice long run. It is a 3 hr trip to the blue ridge.
    You guys just let us know what you prefer and we will arrange it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Personally I would love to see the area around Clarksville, wasn't able to make the Booze & Blues Mini Rally, but you had made the area sound very inviting with some really nice back roads.... but I'm up with whatever the group decides.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Plans sound good, except for Sunday. Don't think my bride will cotton to a long ride, followed by a long ride, then a long ride home. Think north...

@DocG is pondering. Will keep after him.

@Webweaver1021 is pondering. Will keep after him.

After more. I can do this. Err, after I finish watching Green Bay kick some Cowgirls butt.

• Long ride not written is stone
    Happy to do a few short hops in the back country - most important everyone is happy!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!