Rear camera

• Is there any adjustments on the rear camera? The lines on the screen doesn't put an object that is centered behind the bike in the center of the lines? Not off much but if an adjustment is there I'd like to center it.

• I don't have a factory camera, but what I noticed on mine (aftermarket with lines) is that the Sling doesn't necessarily reverse completely straight... Probably due to 1 rear wheel? I don't know how to explain it... Maybe it's just mine...

Something I'd like to ask though, does the factory camera's reverse lines curve with the steering wheel? Or are they fixed like my aftermarket?

• I don't have a factory camera, but what I noticed on mine (aftermarket with lines) is that the Sling doesn't necessarily reverse completely straight... Probably due to 1 rear wheel? I don't know how to explain it... Maybe it's just mine...

Something I'd like to ask though, does the factory camera's reverse lines curve with the steering wheel? Or are they fixed like my aftermarket?

Doesn't reverse straight? I'm going with "operator error..." :00008356:

I have a stock camera in a 2016.5 SL LE, no curving of lines. I also notice that the camera lines are set up differently from the stock 2015 loaner I've driven a couple times from the dealership - different angles and lengths. No curving there either, though.

• Possibly @KayTwo... But I know something is up... I'll have to show you on my Sling or yours if there's ever a chance... I can tell because I really analyze the lines... Drives me crazy. They're straight on my Lincoln... :S

And that's why I'm glad I have my camera separate from radio, on a switch to turn on whenever I want, and an LCD I can angle however I'd like @av8ingtom.. :thumbup:

• Maybe I need to add a comment to my question . ....I replaced my factory radio with a marine JVC that doesn't have a screen therefore I added an aftermarket screen and still using my oem camera, that's when I noticed objects centered behind me doesnt show centered on my new screen. The lines on the new screen are evenly spaced from each side of the screen it's just the object that is centered behind me is not centered between the lines on the new screen. Thanks.

• anyone know if the camera is adjustable so the objects directly behind you can be centered on the screen?

Just need this special camera adjusting tool to tweak the camera with precision:

Just kidding though........seriously, I don't think the camera is adjustable. You may be able to take the camera assembly apart and check to see if it was installed incorrectly at the factory??

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• lol, I was in construction in my working years and I used one of them to make things fit that was stubborn. if it don't fit don't force it just get a bigger hammer.
    Thanks for the info.....was hoping for a less aggressive fix.

• I know we all have had issues with different things on our Slingshots. But the most offending thing Polaris has sold (based on dollars) is the stereo system. And that statement is NOT based on how it sounds. It's based on the fact that it cost $2000.00 and it has the WORST display I have seen. And it's also based on the extremely limited feature set it has....

It looks like Polaris could have tilted the dash downward a few more degrees and it would have helped tremendously.. And they could have went with a much brighter style of display. I have a $100.00 Garmin touch screen GPS that I can see in direct sunlight so I am positive that it could have been done...

If the stereo system was 500.00 I could see them using some off the shelf system and just rebranding it. But this is a purpose built system just for the Slingshot... Someone in the interior R&D department needs to actually take a Slingshot out and drive it on a sunny day....

• And the only helpful thing i could add to the thread is that the the camera can be turned in the mount. It just snaps into the plastic piece that holds it into the back deck. The lines are a feature in the stereo and can't be adjusted or calibrated... If your camera is looking slightly right or left you can pop out the piece that holds the camera and "very gently" adjust the way the actual camera is pushed in the hole that holds it in. It should let you kinda flex it enough to make the difference your looking for.

• screw driver between brake light and camera and lift light then lift front of camera housing.....is that correct? does light come completely out or does it flex. once camera housing is lifted do I pull rearward to remove or does it snap out as well?