F4 windshield with slingshade

• While this method is certainly quicker, and may be fine for a smaller F4, my +9 wiggles a fair amount at slightly greater than highway speeds with various cross breezes. I'd be reluctant to use tape and plastic body clips.

I also have the F4+9 and have not had any appreciable wiggle. I do have the Twist Dynamics roof and perhaps that helps deflect the air preventing the wiggle. Mine was one of the first +9's and I do not know if they made any production changes to them later on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

• @Bgmactn. i too am 6'6" and get a lot of wind with the stock windshield. i have a track record of buying a windshields that are too tall. i like to see over the windshield not through it. do you find that you look through the +9.

Now next question, where do we buy a shoe horn to assist getting in and out.

• @Bgmactn. i too am 6'6" and get a lot of wind with the stock windshield. i have a track record of buying a windshields that are too tall. i like to see over the windshield not through it. do you find that you look through the +9.

I am 6'1" and have the +9 and you look through it.

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

• cward59 Yes, I have the Polaris Slingshade and installed the F4 +5 yesterday. Check out my post in the thread "what was today's projects and mods" The F4 fits very well, but the +5 is about as tall as you can go without the top of the windscreen extending higher than the roof itself. Maybe the +7, too, but definitely not the +9. In my opinion, I thought that looked weird. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to see more pictures.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• cward59 Yes, I have the Polaris Slingshade and installed the F4 +5 yesterday. Check out my post in the thread "what was today's projects and mods" The F4 fits very well, but the +5 is about as tall as you can go without the top of the windscreen extending higher than the roof itself. Maybe the +7, too, but definitely not the +9. In my opinion, I thought that looked weird. Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to see more pictures.

Depends on which top you have...F4 9+ goes very nice with some tops.

Harvey is 6'6" with the F4 9+ and looks thru

He now has a top that work with this shield

When you have questions call Don Frank and he will give
    right info.

• I got a center bracket that had to be replaced by F4 for some bad mill work from NRG. What's with all the hardware that comes with the windshield. I didn't replace the big rubber plugs that have the nuts at the end. Why is the center hole so big and how do I fill the hole that you can see?

Sorry to hear you received a lemon of a bracket, but good on F4 for replacing it. I used the large, rubber plugs on the ends of the F4 because the rubber plugs that secured my stock Ripper windscreen were trashed, so that was a pleasant surprise. If you use the large, sleeved, plastic washer in the center hole, on the front side, with the rubber washer on the backside, between the F4 and the top of the bracket, that covers the bolt hole completely. Additionally, if you use the smaller plastic washers on the ends of the F4, you shouldn't have any hardware left over, except maybe a few stainless bolts. I opted to reuse the stock bolts instead because they're black and look nicer, but that's just me. The only thing I did differently from the install video was mount the center bracket opposite of what they showed, so the top of the bracket and the center hole in the F4 aligned perfectly. I guess that depends on the specific F4 you have. Hope this helps.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

sorry for the delay. My vision I can look through or above. I am near the top, but if you want to look above all the time then the +7 you might like.

No shoe horn required, I just slide right. In..

• i was reluctant to pull the trigger regarding the height. even being 6'6" I went with the plus 3. Other than just sitting in my driveway it appears to be the right height for me to look over the windshield. chances are i slouch down in the seat. my test drive will be next week when i drive 120 miles to get an alarm system added.