new heated and cooled seats in older model

• new to the site, Hello everyone

I did a quick search and could not find any where on here or online that someone has installed Polaris new heated + cooled seats in an older model and I cant blame them for the price ,but if they work they are worth it, I picked up a set and installed them no problem ,mounted right to the original hardware. I am doing the wiring this weekend , I am just going to hook to a relay that only works when key is on and run a fused wire right to battery ,will post out come and prob some pics

• new to the site, Hello everyone

I did a quick search and could not find any where on here or online that someone has installed Polaris new heated + cooled seats in an older model and I cant blame them for the price ,but if they work they are worth it, I picked up a set and installed them no problem ,mounted right to the original hardware. I am doing the wiring this weekend , I am just going to hook to a relay that only works when key is on and run a fused wire right to battery ,will post out come and prob some pics

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your pics. Many of us have added heated seats but the cooling factor is relatively new to the slingshot. Looking forward to your impressions.

• Yes, many people have retrofitted after market seats with heating and/or cooling over the years. (I don't wanna be one of those guys that say "Search", but . . . .) The new Polaris H/C seats are just so expensive compared to what is out there aftermarket that it doesn't make a lot of sense to buy the Polaris ones where there are PRP, Cipher, Braun, and other brands that look so much better at less than 1/2 the cost.

In my case, I only needed cooling seats a couple times a year so I just bought some cooling pads off Amazon/Ebay. Otherwise, I have the Twist Dynamic seats and am very happy with them.

• I have a 2015 Base Slingshot and the cockpit gets pretty warm. During hot weather, when I turn on the fan for my cooling seat pad, it cools initially, but eventually it just seems to be recirculating hot air. Turning the fan off for a bit and then turning it back on restores the cooling feeling fora bit before I repeat the process. Two heating/Cooling pads cost far less than just one of Polaris' fancy seats. I'd love to find an aftermarket set pad that incorporates the same heating/cooling tech Polaris uses in their seats, but I still haven't seen anything similar.

• I have a 2015 Base Slingshot and the cockpit gets pretty warm. During hot weather, when I turn on the fan for my cooling seat pad, it cools initially, but eventually it just seems to be recirculating hot air. Turning the fan off for a bit and then turning it back on restores the cooling feeling fora bit before I repeat the process. Two heating/Cooling pads cost far less than just one of Polaris' fancy seats. I'd love to find an aftermarket set pad that incorporates the same heating/cooling tech Polaris uses in their seats, but I still haven't seen anything similar.

I have to agree with you totally. Now since we moved, maybe I don’t need them.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• well I'm glad you didn't say Search, since you know I was searching for the new Polaris oem seats and was not talking about aftermarket, Cheavy2 where did you see aftermarket seats that was cooled and heated that would fit in slingshot, but I do appreciate you stealing the post. Man i'm not trying to be ASS ,but I have been around forums for years and I should know someone can't post something simple like (hay guys I am trying this out ill let know the out come) and then someone comments about ,why you didn't try the search (which I did),why other things that are cheaper and better, Maybe i should chance the title of the post what does everyone think I should do for seats

and this leads me to this now when search for a post like mine that actually did the install and might help someone ,only thing there see in something about cooling pads and back out before seeing anything else and we all now there nothing on cooling pads out there

• Nothing personal, but if you are going to get upset and be bothered when a post goes off topic you may be in the wrong place - - - This forum has some of the best and most helpful members of any forum you will ever find, but staying on topic is not our specialty

as a side note I look forward to hearing about your results - - living in the desert as I do having a seat that actually cooled my behind and didn't just blow air would be of great interest - - although at the $$$ Polaris wants they would have to work really well

Oh - and welcome to the forum :00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay, wasn't trying to thread jack. I didn't read that you already had the seats, I thought you were looking for opinions on them. Just tried to point out that most people have forgone the Polaris seats just because of price.

Here's some PRP seats that you can get the heated option added for about 1/2 the price of the Polaris seats - plus you can pick your own color/fabric combinations. Here's an entire thread on adding heaters to existing seats. I'm sure if I was really motivated, I could find heated and cooled seats, but that doesn't seem to be what you are looking for.

My apologies.

• From being on forums since their beginning I have found that you can't have thin skin. We all know that what we type is always not taken for what we meant to say. Getting off track is something this forum does well and I like the fact that the moderator lets us get by with it. It is like sitting around and having a beer and chatting with friends.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• sorry about chavey2 that lol came off a lot of searching some stuff for my 70 c10 and finding the same thing , I understand how it happens , plenty of heated seats , I was looking for heated and cooled seats , they few aftermarket that I found that would maybe fit that had cooling option was pushing more then the Polaris plus possible fab. brackets , still did not get a chance to finish ,I have relay mounted everything thing strapped in place wrapped with wire loom, took pics off all should have up in day or so ,Ihave to drop the rear plastic and find a switched wire, it think there is one on pass. side

• ok got everything wired up and will be up loading pics later ,everything seam to work ,heated seats got pretty warm, have not took a ride yet and cooling came on but hard to test right now lol ,just to recap pretty much direct swap other then wiring ,there was grooved opening in floor each under seat ,ran wires through there and into battery area . I will get the info off the connector that I used it was easy match it was a gm style ,i do think the seats are the premium version seats also has white stitching,

and the last thing I found out and if I read the operational part of the instructions better before install prob would have notice that after it said do not operate with switch accessory position, then it said they will not function at all , prob would have thought that was a function of the newer model having a relay, but no it seems to since voltage, so seats seem not to operate until it senses the voltage it likes , I would ASSUME something anything 13,i still would have ran a relay

• overview

-used rear seat mounting bolts for ground

- made short wiring harness used gm connectors, here are the connectors I used ,just used the male side of connector it was direct plug in on the seat

Amazon.com: Muzzys (Set of TWO) 12-14 AWG Guage 2 Pin Position Terminal Weather Pack WeatherPack Connector Male Female Set Weather Proof: Automotive

-ran through exciting holes under seats

-holes right at back of drive shaft opening right there at battery area

-pulled plastic push pin out behind lower driver seat and used hole to mount relay

-ran switched wire up to the license plate light and used the wire on that

hope this might help someone thinking of doing these, ill give quick review after I have time to check them out

• I will say it is a good looking seat :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• sorry for the delay ,but nc weather has been all over the place, did not have a chance to check in hot and cold weather ,now that I have these definitely work ,only had to use them on 1st setting on heat or cool ,prob designed so you can feel through riding wear ,I guess you can say they cost a lot and what doesnt {any one ever bought a complete sissy bar with cushion far a Harley } ,but anything that can give me a lot longer riding time through the year I think for me it was worth the money, I think Polaris does have a high price for it consider its the seat cushions with no hardware, the do set good a lot more comfortable then a stock but does seem to set you a hair closer to steering wheel like I said before I think these are based on the premium seats they sell

so if someone wants heated and cooled seats these will not have an issue doing that

• sorry for the delay ,but nc weather has been all over the place, did not have a chance to check in hot and cold weather ,now that I have these definitely work ,only had to use them on 1st setting on heat or cool ,prob designed so you can feel through riding wear ,I guess you can say they cost a lot and what doesnt {any one ever bought a complete sissy bar with cushion far a Harley } ,but anything that can give me a lot longer riding time through the year I think for me it was worth the money, I think Polaris does have a high price for it consider its the seat cushions with no hardware, the do set good a lot more comfortable then a stock but does seem to set you a hair closer to steering wheel like I said before I think these are based on the premium seats they sell

so if someone wants heated and cooled seats these will not have an issue doing that

I realize this is an older thread. Now that you’ve had these seats for a while, how is your long term impression of them? Does both the heat and cool work well. Have you had any issues with them? Are they holding up well? Any info you can give would be appreciated.

• I realize this is an older thread. Now that you’ve had these seats for a while, how is your long term impression of them? Does both the heat and cool work well. Have you had any issues with them? Are they holding up well? Any info you can give would be appreciated.

Hi there, I've had these seats since July 2020 when I first got them. The first seat died in the fall of 2020 around October 2020. I put the sling in the garage and in the Spring of 2021 brought it back out, the driver's seat still didn't work. I reached out to Polaris and they sent a new seat. That did fix the issue temporarily. In the Summer of 2021 around July 2021, the passenger seat stopped working also. We thought it might have been power related, but it wasn't (we had the dealer test). Finally this Spring of 2022 in March 2022, the replacement driver's seat stopped working. I have driven no more than 7,000 total miles in the slingshot since installing these seats, had one replaced and now I'm stuck with two seats that do not work and Polaris doesn't want to support them after one year which is NOT NEARLY enough warranty for a $1,200 seat! It's flat out wrong and theft in a way. I've heard of a few others having similar issues with the seats as well. I'd steer clear of these things until maybe Polaris brings out a new version that is actually reliable. That said, when working, yes they work well. The heat is great and the fan/cooling works fairly well also. Again, WHEN they work which is the main issue here.

• Hi there, I've had these seats since July 2020 when I first got them. The first seat died in the fall of 2020 around October 2020. I put the sling in the garage and in the Spring of 2021 brought it back out, the driver's seat still didn't work. I reached out to Polaris and they sent a new seat. That did fix the issue temporarily. In the Summer of 2021 around July 2021, the passenger seat stopped working also. We thought it might have been power related, but it wasn't (we had the dealer test). Finally this Spring of 2022 in March 2022, the replacement driver's seat stopped working. I have driven no more than 7,000 total miles in the slingshot since installing these seats, had one replaced and now I'm stuck with two seats that do not work and Polaris doesn't want to support them after one year which is NOT NEARLY enough warranty for a $1,200 seat! It's flat out wrong and theft in a way. I've heard of a few others having similar issues with the seats as well. I'd steer clear of these things until maybe Polaris brings out a new version that is actually reliable. That said, when working, yes they work well. The heat is great and the fan/cooling works fairly well also. Again, WHEN they work which is the main issue here.

thank you for the warning!👍