Aluminum intake manifold

• I am putting my stock manifold back on, but have a question. When I installed my supercharger, I plumbed the vacuum line for the BOV to the port below the throttle body. I also used a "T" fitting on this line and hooked up my boost gauge.

I have installed the EVAP purge solenoid bypass, for which there is a cap for the port above the throttle body. Can I use this port for my BOV? I want to clean up my install and eliminate the "T".

• I am putting my stock manifold back on, but have a question. When I installed my supercharger, I plumbed the vacuum line for the BOV to the port below the throttle body. I also used a "T" fitting on this line and hooked up my boost gauge.

I have installed the EVAP purge solenoid bypass, for which there is a cap for the port above the throttle body. Can I use this port for my BOV? I want to clean up my install and eliminate the "T".

Sure, you can use the port above the throttle body, or the one below it, no problem either way. Just make sure to plug the one not being used. Thanks for the tag MiM :)

• In the pics posted of the last couple installs, I noticed almost all of the vehicles had throttle body elbows installed. When I was researching info about log manifolds, I read that in regard to the log size, the volume should be the volume of the engine or possibly larger, so 2.4 liters in our case. I have found a flange kit, to be able to build your own elbow, but seeing them pop up in multiple installs has me wondering where they are getting them.

Is the purpose of the elbow to increase the chamber size of the intake? In a boosted application (I am supercharged), would an elbow be beneficial?

• In the pics posted of the last couple installs, I noticed almost all of the vehicles had throttle body elbows installed. When I was researching info about log manifolds, I read that in regard to the log size, the volume should be the volume of the engine or possibly larger, so 2.4 liters in our case. I have found a flange kit, to be able to build your own elbow, but seeing them pop up in multiple installs has me wondering where they are getting them.

Is the purpose of the elbow to increase the chamber size of the intake? In a boosted application (I am supercharged), would an elbow be beneficial?

The cast elbow we are using on our supercharger kits is not for added power, just makes a cleaner installation and less questions about the flex of the silicone elbows used normally.

• I decided to install the Hahn manifold and try it out. I deburred and smoothed over the sharp edges and ledges where the welded parts didn't match up. I bought harness extensions for the throttle body and MAP sensor, because I didn't want to cut and extend any wires. I wanted to be able to put the stock manifold back on if I had any issues. Well, I had to put it back on. My slingshot is a 2019 model year. The frame design seems to have been revised in the 2017 model year. I have purchased a few things for the slingshot that I had to modify to work, and they all mounted to the frame.

The Hahn intake manifold hits the frame. It actually overlaps the centerline of the frame where it comes in contact. So, I slid it into place, onto the two studs in the head, and spun the nuts down. I grabbed a large feeler gage set, and slid the gages between the head and the flange, where the lower bolts are. The flange is over .150" away still. The log of the manifold would have to be raised about .625", to make enough clearance.

• No problem with the Hahn install on a 2015 Sling, my Sling I is NA and the only difference I got with the intake was it actually bumped the power band up another 1,000 RPM. Both of the custom intakes that have been made had no gains over the stock intake. Both have been checked on the Dyno. So $1,378 for the Hahn Intake was a waste of money. So if you want to play with it feel free.

• I moved on from the Hahn manifold, and just finished installing a DDMWorks throttle body elbow. I had to address a couple things though.

One issue was, that I use the vacuum port above the throttle body for my blow off valve, and the intake air temp sensor barely clears the fitting on the vacuum port. I could rotate the IAT sensor to get a little more clearance since it is oblong in shape, but at this point it's not necessary.

The second issue was the the bolts used to bolt the elbow to the manifold. The lower 2 bolts bottomed out in the brass threaded insert of the manifold, stopping about .08" short of touching the elbow flange. I had to shorten the bolts about .125".

Third issue was the TPS wire extension is short. The wire, on the throttle body side was going to be taught, and at a 90 degree angle. I had no slack available to make up for this. Luckily, I had bought an 18" extension when I was going to install the Hahn manifold. You can see in my pic how the extension cable lays.

I ran a tap through the tapped holes of the throttle body side flange, to clean out the powder coat in the backside of the threads. I could see that the throttle body bolts were going to go all the way thru, and I didn't want to push it out when screwing in the bolts.

I had also bought a bead roller recently, so after cutting my charge pipe, I rolled a new bead onto the end.

There are 2 things I really like about this upgrade. One is that to airflow is better, and the second is that the IAT sensor is as close to the manifold as possible. Plus I like the way it looks.