Forget Losing Your Hat -- What About Your Glasses?

• Went out for a ride today and got into some strong crosswinds. I drove the last 20 miles with one hand pinning my glasses to my face. This wasn't the first time I've run into this. I guess I'll have to invest in a strap or something. I know I came close to having my glasses blown off, so surely someone here has had it happen.

• Agreed, a simple band will work. Dollar Tree stocks them in various colors if you have that chain locally.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Maybe someone needs to come up with hat and glasses lanyards with a little "slingshotinfo.com" bling on them... just sayin'

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I guess I was fishing for some stories about fighting the wind. Here in the flatlands we get some fierce winds that whip across the roads and cause dust storms and brown-outs. I have had my passenger-side floor mat fluttering and flapping and all I wanted to do was get home. I catch myself wondering what the others on the road are thinking about when they see me. It's hard to look cool when you are getting whipped around behind the wheel.

• Jonathan -- I am only about 3 hours from you, and I was really jealous of your post about the snow on Trail Ridge. We are forecast for a solid week of 100+. Once you get to a lower elevation it is hard to imagine the difference in weather patterns.

• I guess I was fishing for some stories about fighting the wind. Here in the flatlands we get some fierce winds that whip across the roads and cause dust storms and brown-outs. I have had my passenger-side floor mat fluttering and flapping and all I wanted to do was get home. I catch myself wondering what the others on the road are thinking about when they see me. It's hard to look cool when you are getting whipped around behind the wheel.

I lost my original SS cap in OKC doing 80 by the north end of the runway at Tinker AFB. Had it backwards too. Crosswinds are killer in OK and KS. They don't sell the original any more but I bought the last one they had in Fort Smith. Don't wear it unless I'm just cruising around town.

• Jonathan -- I am only about 3 hours from you, and I was really jealous of your post about the snow on Trail Ridge. We are forecast for a solid week of 100+. Once you get to a lower elevation it is hard to imagine the difference in weather patterns.

We are lucky to be so close to some of the most amazing mountain roads in America. And still half hour to an airport that can get us anywhere in the world. As for weather, when it's hot in Denver it's always easy to drive 1/2 hour to beautiful 72 degree mountains for a nice lunch.

And to stay on topic, the winds on some of the mountain passes can get really crazy. Last year on a Pikes Peak ride we caught 60mph gusts that just about pushed us off the mountain.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.