2021 Slingshot Changes Noticed So Far...

• Hey All,

I purchased a Stealth Blue 2021 Slingshot R. I previously had a 2019 SL which now has a great new home. After purchase like many of us here I went digging to find changes from the 2019 and 2020 models so here is my list!

1. The battery is now in the front of the slingshot! Under the hood toward the front of the passenger side.

2. The rear sprocket/pulley only has the guardrail on the inside(tire side) and it’s doesn’t have the rail on the outside. At the dealership I noticed that this was only present on the R models and the SL and S pulleys/sprocket both had the guardrails on both sides. Not sure if the 2020 is the same?

3. There is now a battery tender port behind the 12v receptacle between the seats.

4. Tweeters are now on the dashboard

5. There is now a USB port in the phone storage area and another in the glove box

6. CarPlay is present and requires a headset. I purchased a 12v Bluetooth receiver (Anker Roav) plugged it into the 12v in the glove box and circumvented that need. I’ll pull over if I want to chat(or wear my full face helmet) but in the Sling I’m busy escaping Alcatraz burning rubber

7. Suspension feels good but is no longer adjustable

8. Wheels are no longer forged unless you buy the limited edition

Will post more when I dig more

• What made you upgrade from the 2019?

I originally sold to grab a 2021 auto with paddle shifters. Went to the dealer annnnd I left with a manual lol. I only have about 400 miles and can’t wait to let her rip after the first service. Everything so far checks out good but I do get an annoying whine from the belt that starts getting louder after 45mph. Will have them adjust at first service.

• Have you noticed that your belt rides to the outside of the pully ?

2021 R LE

Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" My best advice is get lots of seat time in before going to crazy with the 'mods'. Lots of things we can do to these machines but the best/fun is to put miles on them.

• Have you noticed that your belt rides to the outside of the pully ?

2021 R LE

Yep. Being a previous Slingshot owner this was a surprise to me as well! I have also noticed that I have a bit of a howl under acceleration over 40mph. Im thinking it might be the belt tension but will check after my first service. Do you notice a howl under acceleration? Like it goes away when you take your foot off the pedal

• I just picked mine up a couple of days ago. Regarding the battery tender port aka BATTERY CHARGE PORT : i have a portable motorcycle jump starter. It comes with leads that can plug into the jump starter port between the seats. now the question is, will that port handle the extra juice that the jump starter puts out? is the usb port in the glove box connected to the ride command or just a charging port? i have tried a couple of different flash drives and neither works.

• The USB port in the glovebox is only a charging port and not connected to the radio so you can't play music from it.

The older Slingshots (mine 2016) plays music just fine using memory sticks with the USB port in the glove box. My first Slingshot had a bad unit and would not play music thru the USB in the glove box so my dealer changed things out. I would check with your dealer????

• Thanks for posting the answer I had just found it and was going to post it. I use the one on the center console and have added a 12" exterder cable to that port as I have trouble plugging my memory stick into the port. The cable makes changing the stick a easy job.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I just picked mine up a couple of days ago. Regarding the battery tender port aka BATTERY CHARGE PORT : i have a portable motorcycle jump starter. It comes with leads that can plug into the jump starter port between the seats. now the question is, will that port handle the extra juice that the jump starter puts out? is the usb port in the glove box connected to the ride command or just a charging port? i have tried a couple of different flash drives and neither works.

I would not jump start though this port. Charging should be fine but jump starting requires a significant amp load and I'm not sure that the associated wiring is capable of handling that amperage. I would only jumpstart from the battery itself which is addressable without any tools since its under the hood now.