Insurance Companies for Highly Modified Slingshots?

• For those out there that have a highly modified Slingshot, $40,000 plus in mods, who are you using for insurance to make sure if it was heavily damaged or stolen that you would receive enough from the insurance company to build another?

I know with collectors, custom, or classic cars you can get insurance with an agreed value that you will be paid if the car is a total lose.

Any company names would be appreciated.

• Shane850

Changed the title of the thread from “Insurance for Highly Modified Slingshots” to “Insurance Companies for Highly Modified Slingshots?”.
  • For those out there that have a highly modified Slingshot, $40,000 plus in mods, who are you using for insurance to make sure if it was heavily damaged or stolen that you would receive enough from the insurance company to build another?

I know with collectors, custom, or classic cars you can get insurance with an agreed value that you will be paid if the car is a total lose.

Any company names would be appreciated.

any company that insurance the slingshot will be more than happy to sell you extended coverages, mine(statefarm) requires you to have valid documentation/proof of the "extra" that is going to be insured, can't just pull a number out of thin air and buy coverage and expect them to pay if things go south.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I just insured mine for the value of the sling. I figure just as if I sold it I will not get that money back. Plus if you show high performance mods it tends to raise you insurance. Just my thoughts

I treat insurance as something you have to have. but try to never use.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Hagerty Classic Insurance is a specialty insurance company that insures collector cars and non-daily-drivers for an agreed upon value. Unfortunately they don't insure the Slingshot. Now if every owner called them and inquired about insuring their Sling, maybe they would add it to their insurable vehicles.

Hagerty 877.922.9701

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• any insurance company assumes it’s a Typically equipped vehicle. With home owners you’re covered for normal stuff. If you buy a big diamond ring or a fur coat....you should notify the insurance company of these items. so they are covered and it will cost you more. So it should be the same with a vehicle that you heavily modify.....I think my insurance will cover $3000 in mods.....now if I want more coverage I need to tell them and pay more to cover them....

• Hagerty Classic Insurance is a specialty insurance company that insures collector cars and non-daily-drivers for an agreed upon value. Unfortunately they don't insure the Slingshot. Now if every owner called them and inquired about insuring their Sling, maybe they would add it to their insurable vehicles.

Hagerty 877.922.9701

I talked to an agent and hopefully in the next year or do they will be adding them, but we will see.

• I just insured mine for the value of the sling. I figure just as if I sold it I will not get that money back. Plus if you show high performance mods it tends to raise you insurance. Just my thoughts

I treat insurance as something you have to have. but try to never use.

I hear what you are saying there but from someone that had to use the insurance when not at fault it is was good to have the proper coverage as the other person did not.