Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• as for sharpening I just ordered 2 special rounded sharpening stones for my kit just for the Karambits, flat stones just dont work well with the hawkbill blades

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Since we kinda veered off of the 2nd Amendment to knives - what about sharpeners?? I have been using the Ken Onion Work Pro..

I have had really good results with this. What do you guys use — recommend???

I use the basic version of the Work Sharp tool because every time I use the Ken Onion version, I cry. I do all of my kitchen knives, fillet knives and sport/EDC knives a couple times a year. It usually takes about 2 movies.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• as a side note I have bookmark this site as they seem to be a good source for all of my sharpening needs

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com

and for my wife's kitchen knives we have been using one of here fellow farmers market vendors who has a business sharpening knives - - for my personal pocket knives I prefer to do them myself by hand - I find it relaxing

• well, I just caved and placed my order for the Spyderco - - all of my other knives are either CRKT or Kershaw and I figured it was about time I got something a bit more upscale and Spydercos are considered to be among the best - - plus I just think this thing is extreamly cool - - just looks like a bad ass knife 8o

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• My Spyderco has been my EDC and is still my EDC.

I am not a big fan of serrated knives however...

I was just watching a YouTube review of all of the Spyderco knives with this "S" blade, and apparently each one comes with a paper in the box that says this is a self defence knife and not recommended for EDC - - - despite this I do plan on putting it it my EDC rotation - - being here in CA where there are so many restrictions and difficulties in getting A CC permit for a gun I like the idea of having a knife as an option that might thwart anyone thinking an old man is an easy mark - - I think just seeing this thing should dissuade anyone with this thought

• My Spyderco has been my EDC and is still my EDC.

I am not a big fan of serrated knives however...

I never really got into the serrated edges either - think it’s like ice cream - some like chocolate - some vanilla😂. One of my favorite EDCs is

Hen & Rooster stockman. The steel in these is as fine as you will find. Glad to see we have a few knife nuts in here also :00008172:My bride won’t use any of my knives because they are too sharp 😂😂. That’s like sayin her hooters are too big….and then the fight started :00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I never really got into the serrated edges either - think it’s like ice cream - some like chocolate - some vanilla😂. One of my favorite EDCs is

Hen & Rooster stockman. The steel in these is as fine as you will find. Glad to see we have a few knife nuts in here also :00008172:My bride won’t use any of my knives because they are too sharp 😂😂. That’s like sayin her hooters are too big….and then the fight started :00008356:

Must admit I am not really sure how I feel about the serrated blade, but I figure this will be almost exclusively used as a self defense EDC, as such I dont expect to be doing the kind of things with it that would require it to need sharpening very often I also suspect that when / if it does get dull I will ship it off to Spyderco for free sharpening - they only ask for $5 for return shipping and frankly I am not sure I trust myself to not screw it up if I tried to sharpen it myself plus I dont feel like investing in special tools for just one knife

• got to say, I am impressed with knives ship free, I placed my order right before I made my above post and I already received the e-mail telling me my knife has shipped with a tracking number - - for free shipping that was very fast

• I was just reading a review of the Spyderco Matriarch 2 that I ordered and I love this conclusion:

Spyderco Matriarch II Review – Final Thoughts

There’s often ample overlap between gun people and knife people, and it’s by no means accidental. I would wager that most of the members of either group have spent some time musing about the harsh realities of defending life and limb and at some point came to the conclusion that some options are better than others.

Spyderco Matriarch Half Open

The Matriarch II is the most gun-like knife I’ve yet to come across. It’s the easiest crossover knife to convert someone who carries into the world of folding blades, and it’s a design that necessitates the same kind of respect and caution one would give to a loaded firearm. My desk drawer is filled with a lot of designs that are quirky and fun and I happily screw around with them. The Matriarch II is not one of those knives.

At the end of the day, and given the primary use of a knife like this, you’ll know if this is for you or not. And if you do need to draw the Matriarch II in defense of life and limb, may God help the poor son of a bitch who’s on the other end of it.

• got my Spyderco today - damn thing is nasty (in a good way) here are a couple of quick snaps, one alone and the other with my CRKT & Kershaw Karambits

Damn Spyderco is frightened sharp, can literally shave thin ribbons off a piece of paper - would truly hate to be confronted by someone with a knife like this - - the intimidation factor should be really good should I ever need it

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().