Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• Tell us about your zero 3GunSteve . Do you zero at 100 or something different? If you do, what is your hold-over at 250?

I zeroed two of my 22lrs and my newer .17hmr at 50 yards to splatterfy Nutria in my pond. I haven't shot any longer distances to see where they're at.

My group use to shoot the 22 lr out to 300 yards. they shimmed the scopes for adjustment. The hold over was around12 feet or better. How long does it take to hit steel, count is BANG- 1-2-3 ding. 100 yards was enough for me using golf balls for targets, I was good for around 98 out of 100 shots at the time using a 550 Rem.with a scope. This was back when we were shooting 550 box of Federals a day 7 days a week.

• Tell us about your zero 3GunSteve . Do you zero at 100 or something different? If you do, what is your hold-over at 250?

I zeroed two of my 22lrs and my newer .17hmr at 50 yards to splatterfy Nutria in my pond. I haven't shot any longer distances to see where they're at.

50 yard zero. I've seen guys try to use 100 yard zero but then everything under gets really weird for me anyway unless you dial each and every shot. It's 9.45 MRAD or about 85" to drop one on a 6" plate at 250 yards. Love squeezing and literally watching the bullet sometimes go over and drop onto a target. So hard to call misses at that distance though as the dirt puff is so small and our match directors here love to put them in grass so you have no idea where you missed....

• 50 yard zero. I've seen guys try to use 100 yard zero but then everything under gets really weird

I understand. I missed one of the vermin the other day when it popped up about 25-30 ft away from me. I took a snap shot and couldn't believe I missed at that distance. The only explanation (that I can live with) is that I shot under it due to its close proximity and parallax of the scope. No worries though - I got her the next time!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That will do it :) First Focal Plane scopes are all I use for any PRS style shooting. Having to recalculate everything based on magnification is for the birds. That Viper is a FFP 4x-16x and although the glass isn't as good as my razor HD PRS scope, it's 90% and good enough for a .22!

• You guys are WAY outta my league with a rifle. My expertise was with a Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus 12 gauge shotgun with a 30” barrel. Learning to shoot a Canvasback coming in to light at 70 mph leading them by 7 - 8 feet is an art also. We used to shoot cases upon cases of shogun shells at just about everything that flew - some coonass would eat it :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You guys are WAY outta my league with a rifle. My expertise was with a Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus 12 gauge shotgun with a 30” barrel. Learning to shoot a Canvasback coming in to light at 70 mph leading them by 7 - 8 feet is an art also. We used to shoot cases upon cases of shogun shells at just about everything that flew - some coonass would eat it :00008172:

I have 10 Mallards on the pond right now. They live in peace!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Shot Trap for years we did not have a skeet range any where close. Most hunters didn't like or shoot skeet. Duck hunting over decoys was my favorite and was petty good at calling mallards.

As for sighting in my 22LRs for hunting I sight in at 25yds and on again at 75. Can't remember the hold over at 100, hell can't remember a lot of things, but off the bench I could keep 5 out of 5 in a nickle and sometimes a dime.

Now 250yds on a 6" plate with a 22LR that is some shooting.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Got my Ruger .22lr precision to the range yesterday to check zero. Supposed to have a match on Sunday but weather looks cold, we'll see. Vortex viper on it optics wise. Swapped the barrel (prob wasn't worth the $) and tuned the trigger on this one myself and added a can. Will shoot dimes all day at 100yards and out to 250 yards it gets fun. Ballistic arc wise, the .22lr is close to a .308 it's kinda crazy. Pic is from a match last year, range was indoors :)

My next gun...

• If you don't mind me asking what pew? I'm presently auditioning my stable for a bigger capacity carry.

I carry M & P Compact 9 C with 12 round mag with 2 spare 17 round mags with a Miami Classic shoulder holster. I like the Liberty rounds because of how much they weigh compared to the other brass case rounds.

• One need to take their carry to the range often and also practice their draw. Remember with a shoulder holster like a cross draw holster you are sweeping a lot of area before you are pointing at your target so be safe. Bystanders dislike getting shot. Btw I like that gun i have a bunch of different M&Ps they are good guns..

If the music is to loud you are to old.